Hello from Canada

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thank you! Might even entice the kids with the cheesy one. Going to make a list of some of the items and see where I can source some of these items locally at a reasonable cost. The husk is one that I haven't heard of before.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I got my husk powder online from what appears to be a body builders' supply company. The box was delivered to my work in very indiscreet packaging with "bulk powders" written all over it. I was mortified :bag:

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LCHF doesn't have to be all steak and lard. I follow it and am vegetarian. Plenty of veg :)

Is there a list of 'good', 'acceptable' and 'avoid' for veggies that I can browse through? So far I know to avoid vegetables that have lots of starch, and not to each many roots that have some sugar content. I love raw cabbage, has delicious crunch to it, and from what I read, it's a good choice. I just haven't found a complete list, just odds and ends here and there.

Thanks
Mark

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Is there a list of 'good', 'acceptable' and 'avoid' for veggies that I can browse through? So far I know to avoid vegetables that have lots of starch, and not to each many roots that have some sugar content. I love raw cabbage, has delicious crunch to it, and from what I read, it's a good choice. I just haven't found a complete list, just odds and ends here and there.

Thanks
Mark

This list is quite good...

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatveg.htm

The list does not show carb values, just how carby they are in ascending order.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to say "THANK YOU"! to everyone that here that has helped guide me to the right path.

All this week I've been testing at very low 6's for my mornings before breakfast! Huge drop from the mid-7's to low 8's that I was getting last week.

I cut out all grain carbs, increased my raw vegetable intake ( the good types, always loved broccoli and cauliflower), increased my avocado intake, and switched to butter. enjoying meats! Bacon is a fantastic product, and goes so well with eggs :)

The big difference..... I'm down 2 belt holes! I'm going to need new clothes in a couple months at this rate! I've also noticed increased energy this last week as well.

Mark :)

Reactions: 3 people