Jaffa cake biscuits.

dumpy222

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome!! One of the regular guys will be along shortly to help you!! I would personally steer clear of them as they would send my sugar up!! What type are you??

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi all, can I ask if it is ok to eat Jaffa cake biscuits if your diabetic I've just been diagnosed,

There's 8.4g of carbs in a Jaffa Cake, so as your newly diagnosed I wouldn't be eating them just yet and much will depend on your treatment type and your bg readings afterwards, if I were to have one (I'm type 1 using insulin but you don't which type you are) I'd have one after my main meal or when bg were running low (but not hypo).

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a good idea for a type 2 until you get very good control and understanding of you blood glucose. Especially knowing that very few people can eat just one Jaffa cake!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I suspect FB is really missing Jaffa cakes and all the other things that she knocks so much :p

Reactions: 3 people

fatbird

"I suspect FB is really missing Jaffa cakes and all the other things that she knocks so much"

If I don't eat a box of Jaffa cakes tonight I am going to die LOL

FB

Helenwales.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
many things depression is awfull,I wish there were more support with Diabetes in my area would love to meet people and talk about the condition ... I get along .
Reactions: 4 people

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
I used to love jaffa cakes, i used to bite all around the orangey bit then separate that from the spongey biscuit , put the orange with the chocolte in my mouth until it melted away. ..it was sooo good.:rolleyes:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l hate the things so you lot welcome to all l never ate or eat put them in same box as marmite

MID

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm marmite :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Bovril also ickky and baked beans are really devils poop :hungover:

And next someone will say marmite and bovril have no carbs still won't entice me.