Low carb lunch ideas

cratat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being diabetic, struggling with food choices
Hi anybody got any good lunch ideas for a low carb diet sick of salads I have no access to cooking facilities as out on road so need to be a packed lunch or at worse store bought

Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its hard on the road, i often buy subway salads but your sick of that lol have you tried livlife bread? you could have a sandwich with that, i chop cheese into chunks and take them out in foil as a little snack, i also go to the supermaarkets and buy the cooked chicken wings or a rack of ribs, nuts are great but not a meal, sorrry im scratching here

Reactions: 3 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i make little turkey mince bites the night before adding mustard for a kick . u could even do them in microwave, great for on the road and low carb . or flaked mackeral fillet (prep one) nice and tasty . little mini quiches sooo easy to make
eggs , cheese, u cud use salmon broccoli, my fav is bacon mush , take 10 mins in oven if u put them in silacone muffin trays, hope it helps for you :) or make ur own soup agin so quick night before . stock, chicken breast cauli herbs bit cream wizz it up so filling and quick to make i promise

Reactions: 3 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Soup! Chicken and coleslaw is a staple convenient meal too. Bottomless quiche...I make it myself and it ends up more like a frittata, but Tesco sell one, not sure on their carb content though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Soup! Chicken and coleslaw is a staple convenient meal too. Bottomless quiche...I make it myself and it ends up more like a frittata, but Tesco sell one, not sure on their carb content though.

Morrison's do a crustless quiche that that's around 17g of carbs per half portion, for a shop bought quiche it's very nice indeed.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Bottomless quiche, must have a different meaning to me.

My dietician told me
"A family size quiche is not a snack"

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I shall have to pop to Morrisons to get some. Cheers Noblehead.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I shall have to pop to Morrisons to get some. Cheers Noblehead.

I've just looked in my garage freezer to see if I have one, I do and it's a Cheese & Onion Crustless Quiche using free-range eggs, it says on the back that it has 7.7g of carbs per quarter, so it's it's slightly less than 17g of carbs per half working out at 15.4g instead.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Excellent, that's lunch for next week sorted then :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l have a load of little pots the round ones with clip lids.
One has 100bm full fat yogurt with 50gram raspberries
one 50gram of cheese with some pieces of salami
2 crackerbread with butter as they go chewy like crusty bread
2 or 3 spring onions (top and tailed)