Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good readings today. 5.2, 5.2, 5.4, 5.3
Hurray
Porridge
Salad bagel
Noodles and stir fried veg
Sneaky little Danish pastry (well I have been good)
Neighbour has given me aubergine stuffed with walnuts and spices, so that is lunch tomorrow sorted

Those look really good readings so things seem to be working for you now. Even a treat so that is great. Do I presume you are free from pain now? For me pain sends my readings up. Hope this continues for you.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

The pain is always there, panc area seems to be a hot spot, I get deferred pain in left leg and arm, it just sometimes flares up to the point of curling up into fetal position wishing yourself dead. The readings are good, but then again being type 3c you never know when it will go belly up, just got to keep trying

S

Shar67

Bg was 6.1 then into the 5s
No breakfast
Peas,carrots, green beans, cauliflower, fish
Apple
Lovely stuffed aubergines with ciabatta
Back to fbd tommorow

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

Up early, spend the morning at the hospital, BG 8, which I'm putting down to not sleeping well, early up and stressed about hospital Though that turned out OK
Porridge
Bagel peanut butter, veggie soup
Veggie pizza
Walnuts

S

Shar67

FML in 8s all day
Bagel with cheese 8.2
4 hour walk, 2 hours there 2 back 8.3
Pizza slice 8.5
Veg rice, 8.2
My feet are telling me it was a waste of effort, but brain felt good out hiking.

S

Shar67

Going back into right direction but still to high, 7.1, 7.8, 7.0 & 7.1
Veggies
Sushi
Beans on toast
Nice workout for an hour.
Neighbour made an Arabic wrap, unfortunately it had chicken, so Dave had it he said it was delicious, it looked really good, she did me some pistachio biscuits which are crunchy like a ginger nut biscuit, haven't eaten any yet

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Shar67

I am loving this thread!!

You are giving me LOADS of ideas for meals to have.

How is the weight loss going?

Mawalk48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bagels and blueberries are full of sugar arent they?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DCUK Forum mobile app

S

Shar67

Bagels and blueberries are full of sugar arent they?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Type 3c usually means you cannot follow LCHF we need low fat, good protein and carbs, bagels and blueberries are in diet I'm following and apples and bananas.

I've lost 8lb not a lot but slow and steady, dropped a dress size

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

I just want to see I have been eating warburton thin bagels, only one, not the lovely NY ones
Still high but getting lower
Scrambled eggs 6.0
Veg pie (like shepherds without the meat) 6.4
Ryvita with cottage cheese (quark) walnuts 6.4
Woke up having an slight asthma attack, haven't had one for ages.
I also had a strange wobble, went out to the shops, just a quick stop, I was like someone drunk, all over the place quick test still 6.4, I think I will buy strange looking hats, so if this happens again I will look like an eccentric bag lady

S

Shar67

Changed my avatar to Mr Chips
No update yesterday as no food but BGs in 5s with one hypo of 3.8

Today 6.2, 6.8, 6.7
Woke up really hungry
Toast peanut butter
Mixed roast veg with a Bisto lamb gravy (carrots, parsnips, cabbage, peas, Brussels and broccoli) had panky pain after might have been the gravy
Bagel peanut butter

S

Shar67

Another rubbish day in the 8s all day, 1 hour of exercise did nothing to it
Porridge
Bagel peanut butter
Steamed cod with mixed bean salad (Tesco tinned, drained)
Pepper sauce made from recipe below

ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
  • 1lb red peppers
  • 1 small white onion, diced (about 1 cup diced)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. salt (I don't use this)
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup roughly-chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
  • (**see optional add-ins in note below**)

Deseed peppers, chop up and add with some oil to a medium heated pan soften, Using a blender or food processor, add red peppers (with juices), onion and garlic and pulse until combined and smooth.

Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Pour in the roasted red pepper mixture, and saute for 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to simmer. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients (stock, honey, salt, black pepper and basil), and bring back to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let the sauce simmer for another 5-10 minutes

(

Serve immediately, garnished with extra toppings if desired.

**Sauce Alternatives**

Want to make your sauce spicier? Add an extra half teaspoon (or whole teaspoon) of crushed red chili flakes.

Want to make your sauce smokier? Add a teaspoon of smoked paprika.

Want to make your sauce sweeter? Add an extra tablespoon or two of honey.

I use this to mix into beans

S

Shar67

TMI don't read if squeamish
Not a good day
9.7, 8.9, 87, 8.4, 8.4
Pain started last night at about 10pm, awake most of night, paracetamol and bupranorphine had no affect what so ever, also take gabapentin and Amitriptyline daily. Started vomiting about 3.30, have been praying to the porcelain God and/or my bucket.
Double incontinence, unable to eat, drugs have made me hallucinate, went from elephants to whales to mice.
About half hour ago pain went but I'm not risking food

S

Shar67

Hurray, only woke up with an opiate hangover, that cleared with a couple of paracetamol.
BG 5.4, 3.8 oops, 5.7, 5.7
Porridge obviously not enough
Excercised, for an hour before hypo, treated hypo with toast and peanut butter
Savoury rice
Salad and fish
Today was what I call a good day, I even looked half alive

S

Shar67

Site would let me post last night came up as database error, so this is yesterday, I will post today's later
5.9, 5.9, 6.2 5.3
Fried Eggs, soda bread
Salad
Veggie burger, salad. Must put recipe for veggie burger up as it is yummy
Had a sneaky square of chocolate, hence the 6.2 me thinks
I have came to the conclusion that I run high when I'm due a severe panc episode, once it's done and mega pain is over, I go back to fairly normal bloods and usuall I know your there panc pain

S

Shar67

BG 5.9, 5.3, 4.2, 6.0
No breakfast
Cannot remember eating anything for lunch.
Veggie burger rolled into balls, pepper sauce and pasta. with pasta this is carby I usually eat burger with salad.

As promised
Burger recipe, I don't use sweetcorn or tomato

85g/3oz of wholemeal rice
400g/14oz tin of mixed bean salad(or if you like, some tinned kidney, cannellini & haricot beans)
115g/4oz of unsalted cashew nuts (I have used walnuts, pecans and macadamia nuts, depends on what's in cupboard)
3 garlic cloves (I use very lazy garlic in a jar)
1 red onion
Sweetcorn if you want it (love the taste hate the after affects)
2 tbsp of tomato purée (I use pepper sauce, recipe for that is back a bit from here)
1 tbsp of chopped fresh oregano (I use cinnamon and Schwartz spicy Italian)
2 tbsp of wholemeal flour (I have used coconut and spelt, just because I could coconut doesn't hold it together well)
2 tbsp of oil (I use rapeseed oil, but have used olive and sun as well)
Seasoning (I don't use salt or pepper as I have the spices and pepper sauce)
Cook rice in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and but in blender
Drain and rinse beans, add to rice, with the nuts, garlic, onion, sweetcorn, purée/pepper sauce, spices and seasoning
Blend all the ingredients together
Remove from blender and shape into patties, you will get 4 to 6 depending on size or if you make balls you will get about 20ish.
Coat in flour, then place in fridge for no less than 1 hour.
Use oil to cook, should take about 6/7 mins in a hot pan, I do balls in slow cooker for about an hourish.
You can add things you like, sometimes I put mushrooms, leeks etc
I'm going to try using sweet potato instead of rice to see if it works, will try next week.

S

Shar67

Cocked up with yesterday, dog knows what I was doing, funny day, another one where eating didn't really come in to it.
6.0, 5.9, 6.1, 5.8
Today 6.2, 5.0, 5.8, 6.3
No breakfast
Sunday roast, all the veggies without the meat, peas,Brussels, parsnips,cabbage, carrots, sweet potato.
Yogurt with blueberries and strawberries.

S

Shar67

Porridge
2 home made (not my home but a friend) veggie samosas
Jacket sweet potato, cabbage, cauliflower and broad beans with a veggie gravy
In the 6s all day, think it's because I was cold, according to thermometer it was 3 but it felt like 0
Had to put gloves and scarf on, but had a good walk with the dogs for just over an hour.
Quick hospital appointment (check up).
Did some light work in garden come mid day I had to relent and put heating on.