Sons school shoes

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Avocado Sevenfold . Thank you. I've been biting my tongue on this one.
Orangeone appears to be happy to let there son wear plimsolls, the son is happy wearing plimsolls and the school offer the option to wear plimsolls.
My only concern now is does the son do a single or double knot?

Reactions: Jaylee

Orangeone

I meant not supportive of wearing properly fitted shoes :)

That makes it hard for parents if the school isn't behind them.
They have no choise they can ring me asking to buy proper school shoes I will say no he's only there until July anyway

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They have no choise they can ring me asking to buy proper school shoes I will say no he's only there until July anyway
Hmmm well schools in your area aren't like these around here then. I have known kids banned for less around here.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was teaching maypole and morris dancing at a school recently and the Velcro fastening ones were coming off and children were tripping up

Interesting you mention that Resurgam. The "plimsoles" featured look somewhat like the dance shoes I used to wear?? Unless the "cool kids" these days are influenced by Billy Elliot....? (It's about time i say!) :)

Hi @Orangeone ,

Welcome to the forum.

You apear to have three other topics running on the same subject.
Would you like these threads merged?

This will help optimise replies to your enquiry.

My intial question appears to have been over looked, @Orangeone ?

Merging these threads will put your enquiry under one "roof" like a "one stop shop".
Though your lad isn't diabetic. His feet are valued the same....

I was into DMs when I was a nipper...

Personally.? I feel your boy will find his own way in the world. Whatever adorns his feet!

Orangeone

Yes they do look like dance shoes because there used for dance but also a lot more things like gymnastics where my son weares his plimsolls when he's there aswell

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think there fine for every day wear

Is your son diabetic? I can think of no other reason why his footwear would have been discussed, for 3 pages, on a diabetes forum. Even then it's a bit excessive when you had clearly made up your mind about the plimsolls before posting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Is your son diabetic? I can think of no other reason why his footwear would have been discussed, for 3 pages, on a diabetes forum. Even then it's a bit excessive when you had clearly made up your mind about the plimsolls before posting...
Mumsnet must be down.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
shoes are a matter of personal choice----- you have made your choice clear and received opinions
of many learned members of this DIABETIC forum.

there are many many diabetics that take part in this forum that have real problems with their feet , legs , and circulation and carrying on about the price of shoes for your son beggars belief- be thankful he is healthy .

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Honestly believe this post would be better off on mumsnet forums and closed on this one.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes they do look like dance shoes because there used for dance but also a lot more things like gymnastics where my son weares his plimsolls when he's there aswell

Good excercise for the lad! :cool:

... Plus as you mentioned earlier. The price works out at a quid on each south west & south east corner.!

I see a young Kevin Bacon in the making... :)

Honestly believe this post would be better off on mumsnet forums and closed on this one.

Hello. You must have read my mind as I was composing this.. ;)

You realy should check out this movie...?