Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
I have read you blog .. Letting go is the hardest thing ever. Your posts were one of the thing that got my OH to take controll of my DB.. I must thank you as I have good controll of my blood sugars now .. And it's all down to you and the rest of the forums here keeping me on the right track. Stay strong

Knowing that my Experiences, even when negative have helped you, and others to start getting to grips with your Diabetes very much helps me stay strong, and fight this every day,

Thank You Enclave !

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi Kman

Read your blog update and still amongst the sadness and pain you still have some humour/positivity to give - "Today you bit your tongue 3 times in spasms of pain, but luckily you dont have teeth, "

If nothing else kicks someone's ar*e into gear to gain control then your last blog post should....

Get that wheelchair souped up and post us a video of the race between you and the kart :D

Reactions: 4 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kman

Read your blog update and still amongst the sadness and pain you still have some humour/positivity to give - "Today you bit your tongue 3 times in spasms of pain, but luckily you dont have teeth, "

If nothing else kicks someone's ar*e into gear to gain control then your last blog post should....

Get that wheelchair souped up and post us a video of the race between you and the kart :D
I will, but have the F1 championship to win first Jan,

Love and. Hugs.

Kevin. & Wendie.

xxxx.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Folks just a reminder, added a new post on the Blog, take a look sometime, more to come real soon I hope,

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You'll get plenty of practice for that chasing around after the new pup when you get her.....;)

I really hope so jan, I need an extra cuddle, hence hopefully a new pup,

Love and Hugs.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I really hope so jan, I need an extra cuddle, hence hopefully a new pup,

Love and Hugs.
Have you thought about getting an older rescue dog? Only ask as we rescue & rehome German Shepherd Dogs (not the size for a lapdog - though many think they are ;)) but we find that the older ones, many of whom are so sweet and good natured (and who are no longer 100% adrenaline filled fur on 4 paws) miss out on new homes purely because of their age. Maybe there's a little sweetheart of another, smaller, breed in Rescue somewhere waiting for a loving home.

You got the go-faster stripes on the wheelchair yet ;)

Been doing well on not eating sugary stuff for quite a while but going to try low carbing as I've put a bit of weight back on recently and I HAVE found that my favourite multi-seeded bread from Sainsbury's does spike my BS quite a bit - even though it was LOADED with butter :hungry: and after reading up in one of the forum posts I tested after the 2 hour peak and found I DID get quite a drop in bs levels (didn't realise that could happen) which co-incided with feeling a bit :yuck: and tired

Hope you aren't so :depressed: today - you keep so many of us on track and nudge us back when we do go off the rails

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Have you thought about getting an older rescue dog? Only ask as we rescue & rehome German Shepherd Dogs (not the size for a lapdog - though many think they are ;)) but we find that the older ones, many of whom are so sweet and good natured (and who are no longer 100% adrenaline filled fur on 4 paws) miss out on new homes purely because of their age. Maybe there's a little sweetheart of another, smaller, breed in Rescue somewhere waiting for a loving home.

You got the go-faster stripes on the wheelchair yet ;)

Been doing well on not eating sugary stuff for quite a while but going to try low carbing as I've put a bit of weight back on recently and I HAVE found that my favourite multi-seeded bread from Sainsbury's does spike my BS quite a bit - even though it was LOADED with butter :hungry: and after reading up in one of the forum posts I tested after the 2 hour peak and found I DID get quite a drop in bs levels (didn't realise that could happen) which co-incided with feeling a bit :yuck: and tired

Hope you aren't so :depressed: today - you keep so many of us on track and nudge us back when we do go off the rails

Jan, Our last three all rescues, of various ages, but I want a.tiny, well behaved but fullof character puppy, prefer a French Bulldog (fell in love with them), or a pug(we know a few Nutty Pugs), reason is I want a Handbag Dogfor that extra cuddle with how I am, and because need one I can manage whilst in the Electric Wheelchair, I know any dog might get in the way, and little yappies even more so, but It'skind of my last wish, never had a dog that was all mine, and from a puppy, just me being silly and Expensive. ... You Know ??? Plus ourDelta will puppy any dog smaller than her. ... Which is great of course ! We met a 1 4 year old rescue dog the other day, if she hadn't already got a NEW Loving forever home, She'd have been tempting LOL,

Sweetie I know how spikes in BS can really get you down, but at least when you can work out why you can choose when to TREAT yourself, and when Not. ! Bread is my downfall, the Local very large CO-OP does a really great Apple and Beetroot Loaf. ... lets just say a dying man treats himself to WAY. too much of the **** thing LOL !

I know your worried, but anything in moderation. ... just NOT too often, Jan Sweetie you are a shining light like many on this thread, Not because of me, BUT because like many regulars you are LOOKING at what your doing, and keeping your Diabetes in check. ... 99.99% of the time. ... Which honestly is OK Honey, you won't become ME. that's for sure. !!!

Jan your doing great. ... really you are, like many others, we are ALL. a team or a community, helping and encouraging, supporting each other, and we don't need a Hero, we are just very much the same as each other in one way or another, all of us that is,

It's way late, must go sweetie,

Much Love and Hugs.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxxx.

Reactions: 6 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin
Glad you are still posting and still fighting you are a real inspiration to many of us .
You will not go wrong if you choose a French bulldog we have had ours for nearly 7 years and she has not got a nasty bone in her body . Lola lives with our other rescue dog Freddie and they are great friends
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415860741.579130.jpg
[
ATTACH=full]8163[/ATTACH]. She does have a few unsociable habits they are always passing wind and snoring ! But then so is my husband !!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415860799.679687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415860799.679687.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 386
Reactions: 11 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin
Glad you are still posting and still fighting you are a real inspiration to many of us .
You will not go wrong if you choose a French bulldog we have had ours for nearly 7 years and she has not got a nasty bone in her body . Lola lives with our other rescue dog Freddie and they are great friends View attachment 8162[
ATTACH=full]8163[/ATTACH]. She does have a few unsociable habits they are always passing wind and snoring ! But then so is my husband !!!

WANT HER

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry Freddie would never forgive me !

Hehehe ! I guess thats true, Darn and I so wanted her ........ LOL. !

PS. We can take freddie too, oh maybe 3 dogs is too many

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are lovely dogs very popular here in Spain. I hope you end up with one x

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Kevin
You will not go wrong if you choose a French bulldog we have had ours for nearly 7 years and she has not got a nasty bone in her body . Lola lives with our other rescue dog Freddie and they are great friends View attachment 8162[
Freddie doesn't look too keen on the photo shoot - got a sort of "if I MUST" look on his face. Lola looks ever so sweet - can see why Kevin is looking for a pal like her :)

S

Sable_Jan

Jan, Our last three all rescues, of various ages, but I want a.tiny, well behaved but fullof character puppy, prefer a French Bulldog (fell in love with them), or a pug(we know a few Nutty Pugs), reason is I want a Handbag Dogfor that extra cuddle with how I am, and because need one I can manage whilst in the Electric Wheelchair, I know any dog might get in the way, and little yappies even more so, but It'skind of my last wish, never had a dog that was all mine, and from a puppy, just me being silly and Expensive. ... You Know ??? Plus ourDelta will puppy any dog smaller than her. ... Which is great of course ! We met a 1 4 year old rescue dog the other day, if she hadn't already got a NEW Loving forever home, She'd have been tempting LOL,

Good on you for having had rescues before - I really know you're one of a special band of people now :) and I can quite understand your wish

[QUOTE="Sweetie I know how spikes in BS can really get you down, but at least when you can work out why you can choose when to TREAT yourself, and when Not. ! Bread is my downfall, the Local very large CO-OP does a really great Apple and Beetroot Loaf. ... lets just say a dying man treats himself to WAY. too much of the **** thing LOL ! [/QUOTE]

Apple and beetroot loaf - can't get my head around that combination but as they say - "if you've never tried it, don't knock it" it's obviously far tastier than it sounds :D. I reckon you are allowed to indulge yourself......

[QUOTE="I know your worried, but anything in moderation. ... just NOT too often, Jan Sweetie you are a shining light like many on this thread, Not because of me, BUT because like many regulars you are LOOKING at what your doing, and keeping your Diabetes in check. ... 99.99% of the time. ... Which honestly is OK Honey, you won't become ME. that's for sure. !!! [/QUOTE]

I guess I am lucky that I have high BP (controlled) and have to have annual blood tests or I'd never have known I was pre-diabetic......and given a chance to do something about it before full blown diabetes kicked in.

[QUOTE="Jan your doing great. ... really you are, like many others, we are ALL. a team or a community, helping and encouraging, supporting each other, and we don't need a Hero, we are just very much the same as each other in one way or another, all of us that is, [/QUOTE]

It is so good to have support of people who have "been there, done that, and worn the t-shirt out" :cool:

[QUOTE="It's way late, must go sweetie,

Much Love and Hugs.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxxx.[/QUOTE]

Hope you had a decent nights sleep
Thanks for being there for all of us :joyful:

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

PS - we've adopted out a few GSDs to people who can only get about outdoors with the mobility scooters, one to a partially sighted gent - we firmly believe in the right dog for the right person. Hope the breeder you choose is as accepting and understanding of your needs (especially as you have family support too)

Hugs
Jan

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
PS - we've adopted out a few GSDs to people who can only get about outdoors with the mobility scooters, one to a partially sighted gent - we firmly believe in the right dog for the right person. Hope the breeder you choose is as accepting and understanding of your needs (especially as you have family support too)

Hugs
Jan

Yes Jan couldn't agree more, Right Dog for the Right Person, mine is a chair not a Scooter, and my condition means I cant manage anything Strong or too pully, hence cant even manage Delta myself, and I so fell in love with Frenchies. ... Thier CUTE. like ME. !!!???!!!

Cross a GSD with a Frenchie LOL.

S

Sable_Jan

Attached- hopefully- is our Bonnie GSD crossed with possible options of Chow or Akita but also have been asked if she's crossed with a Staffy - so take your pick - she may be even crossed with a Frenchie (get lots of "frenchies" off her if I open my mouth to talk as she decides to kiss me :eek:

Attachments

• IMAG1324.jpg
    IMAG1324.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 340
Status
Not open for further replies.