Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Got through taking sick note to school and talking to my head - but that really set my tummy off again. Made me realise that I'm really not well at all. Phoned surgery and am back next Monday to see the lovely GP who signed me off. Then I bit the bullet and went in Facebook to tell everyone about the blood pressure and diabetes and now the anxiety - previously I've just kept everything bottled up. Very glad I got it out there.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
10.1 @ 6.45
Took my first sleeping pill last night. Slept from just after 11.30 pm til 5am, then back to sleep til 6.40. 7 hrs sleep is better than 4 or less.
Readings the same as when I went to bed.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting BG was 6.1 mmol this morning...

2hrs after breakfast was 11.5 mmol. @11pm
A plate of fried noodles with egg, cabbage and fish cake.
This was a very typical breakfast that I use to have regularly before T2D diagnosis...and I haven't had it for quite a while.
The difference now is that I am back to 4mmol by l pm

Last edited:

paula121s

5.6 today. Got through taking sick note to school and talking to my head - but that really set my tummy off again. Made me realise that I'm really not well at all. Phoned surgery and am back next Monday to see the lovely GP who signed me off. Then I bit the bullet and went in Facebook to tell everyone about the blood pressure and diabetes and now the anxiety - previously I've just kept everything bottled up. Very glad I got it out there.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Reactions: Prem51

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow 6.3 this morning. I don't think buckwheat pasta even a small portion is for me. As a comparison tested my non diabetic husband who had a much larger portion and his was 5.9. Felt a bit better after that.

I do miss pasta :arghh: great idea to check your husband though as a marker. Am sure you'll be back to your usual 5s in a day or so