Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I Know i said that i was not going to test this weekend, but i just remembered my meds and had breakfast 3 hours ago 16.2 without meds where did that come from considering my average has been around 20 taken my meds now, don't know if this is the right thing to do as i will not bee eating for another couple of hours?

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Its excellent advice from Andrew.

I didn't think I could give up tea but have reduced to one large breakfast cup in the mornings with a dash of semi skimmed milk. The rest of the day I drink coffee with cream. I keep my bs during the day and after meals quite low so I think the trade off works!

Good luck with everything. Do follow the advice and encouragement from those here like Andrew and others with proven track records

Keep us posted with your progress
Coffee with Cream :O I don't think that would come even close to the Newcastle Diet Diana !! I think that would be my entire days calories in a couple of cups :D

Anyways 22.7 this morning BUT an hour later after drinking tea and a yoghurt it was down to 18.5 . Shopped for my low carb diet starting tomorrow.Can't wait to see if it makes a significant difference.800 cal a day is my aim .Two replacement shakes and a veg meal for dinner .

Last edited by a moderator:

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning ......now my day off, just a Sunday at the moment, doing a 6 day week! Keeps me occupied I guess!!
Well....today I have stayed in the fives all day, even 4.7 before my main meal- 2 hours after I'm spot on six !! I had two small new potatoes with my chicken, greens and carrots..was curious to see - very pleased!!

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well....today I have stayed in the fives all day, even 4.7 before my main meal- 2 hours after I'm spot on six !! I had two small new potatoes with my chicken, greens and carrots..was curious to see - very pleased!!

Brilliant Kimbo. That is excellent.

I've had a good day as well. My first ever minus spike at 2 hours after lunch, and SNAP I was 4.7 before tea, but I often have 4's at that time. I also had the same tea as you, except I had 2 roast spuds instead of new. I didn't test after, but am about to now as I'm off to bed, and as we didn't eat till well gone 7-30pm I'm not expecting anything under 6.5.

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I've had a good day as well. My first ever minus spike at 2 hours after lunch, and SNAP I was 4.7 before tea, but I often have 4's at that time. I also had the same tea as you, except I had 2 roast spuds instead of new. I didn't test after, but am about to now as I'm off to bed, and as we didn't eat till well gone 7-30pm I'm not expecting anything under 6.5.

Well done both of you!

Do you think guessing what our fasting bs will be the next day could catch on? :) It could be a great motivator

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok going to run a little experiment .Just done my bg and it's 26.4 but i'm on my way to bed .Will add my morning one to this post . So 15.6 this morning .Already some improvement on previous days .

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.5 I am amazed as been in 7s every morning I had a good dinner yesterday but did make some of that coconut oil fudge which is yummy and ate that last eve ....very sweet and tasty yum yum

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
6.4 which i was more than happy with considering i had a midnight snack attack!

Reactions: 5 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning, highest for over 3 months, where did that come from? 4.2 last thing last night.

Maxwell

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Better than expected :)
6.2 going to bed
5.5 this morning. :)

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done both of you!

Do you think guessing what our fasting bs will be the next day could catch on? :) It could be a great motivator
Yes, dianagrace......maybe we should start a guessing thread?? Sounds fun and a motivational idea!!

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning......went to bed on 5.3
Realised yesterday it is now 2 months since I began this new journey ! As much as it was a shock out of the blue diagnosis I wouldn't be feeling as I do now - more alive, more energy, no cravings, hardly ever hungry- my tastes have changed and are heightened! I'm losing weight, nice and steady ( much more attainable than previous low cal rapid effect!) I don't know how much in kilos, I don't own scales anymore,but clothes are hanging off me and comments are flying in!! I also wonder if I would have come this far without joining this lovely forum.......and I know the answer, because I was just left with the very worrying diagnosis and lousy "advice" from the nurse practitioner!!
So.....two months on, doing well and aiming for more, love knowing you all here are doing the same x

Reactions: 5 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning......went to bed on 5.3
Realised yesterday it is now 2 months since I began this new journey ! As much as it was a shock out of the blue diagnosis I wouldn't be feeling as I do now - more alive, more energy, no cravings, hardly ever hungry- my tastes have changed and are heightened! I'm losing weight, nice and steady ( much more attainable than previous low cal rapid effect!) I don't know how much in kilos, I don't own scales anymore,but clothes are hanging off me and comments are flying in!! I also wonder if I would have come this far without joining this lovely forum.......and I know the answer, because I was just left with the very worrying diagnosis and lousy "advice" from the nurse practitioner!!
So.....two months on, doing well and aiming for more, love knowing you all here are doing the same x

That's absolutely wonderful @kimbo1962 . Well done you. Great results in a very short time. You've been such a faithful and enthusiastic convert:)

This forum, and the confidence it has given me to make brave changes in my eating habits and lifestyle is responsible for me now being totally drug free for rheumatoid arthritis, since in the last 6 days , I've now taken myself off co-codomol as well, with only mildly uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms after 2 years of taking twice daily doses to manage joint pain.

My current higher than usual bs may be a knock on effect from of the withdrawal symptoms. Time will tell. From being someone on heavy doses of nasty drugs - (one weekly injection was so nasty that my pharmacist refused to take my sharps box over the counter, after explaining to me the dangers of handling them and told me to take them to the hospital) . Other medications were needed to protect my body against the injection, and others to complement it, yet after just 5 months since finding this forum, I'm now managing quite severe RA with LCHF alone, plus recommended food supplements and Vitamin D.

So along with deliberately addressing my T2, I've unintentionally also addressed my RA. The only medication I now take is metformin, and yes, that's my next target!

Sorry to have hijacked your post, @kimbo1962 but our responses to LCHF have been identical - no cravings, no hunger, more alive, more energy. I'm so pleased for you and have been enjoying your upbeat, positive daily posts. Keep up the good work :)

Diana

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's absolutely wonderful @kimbo1962 . Well done you. Great results in a very short time. You've been such a faithful and enthusiastic convert:)

This forum, and the confidence it has given me to make brave changes in my eating habits and lifestyle is responsible for me now being totally drug free for rheumatoid arthritis, since in the last 6 days , I've now taken myself off co-codomol as well, with only mildly uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms after 2 years of taking twice daily doses to manage joint pain.

My current higher than usual bs may be a knock on effect from of the withdrawal symptoms. Time will tell. From being someone on heavy doses of nasty drugs - (one weekly injection was so nasty that my pharmacist refused to take my sharps box over the counter, after explaining to me the dangers of handling them and told me to take them to the hospital) . Other medications were needed to protect my body against the injection, and others to complement it, yet after just 5 months since finding this forum, I'm now managing quite severe RA with LCHF alone, plus recommended food supplements and Vitamin D.

So along with deliberately addressing my T2, I've unintentionally also addressed my RA. The only medication I now take is metformin, and yes, that's my next target!

Sorry to have hijacked your post, @kimbo1962 but our responses to LCHF have been identical - no cravings, no hunger, more alive, more energy. I'm so pleased for you and have been enjoying your upbeat, positive daily posts. Keep up the good work :)

Diana

Diana - Your journey has been so much bigger and significant than my own. I take my hat off to you.

Laugh in the face of 7.9. You'll get there.

(OK, I know laughing in the face of 7.9 is very hard.......)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 or 4.6 depending on the meter/strips you choose to believe. But, I have my strategy set, and I'll go with it. Actually that strategy changed yesterday, but I'm happier having decided how to recreate my even keel.

Yesterday was an excellent day in the garden. It's now back to looking how I like it to be, and I managed to tidy both the workshop and the storage outhouse where the gardening stuff goes. Gardening stuff covers all sort of things from garden furniture to standalone BBQ, garden tools. Doesn't everyone have a glory hole they love and hate at the same time?

Today it's raining here and looks set for the day, so indoor activities only. I might make my patterns for my impending upholstery project, and I want to scour eBay for a particular styleeeee of chair I want to experiment with. I love eBay for things like that. I don't have an addiction or anything, but my OH sometimes laughs at what he calls my habit of "Click, click, hang-glider". You know, when you're just browsing and find a little gem? He usually comes around when the gems arrive. I say, usually...........

Oh well. Best get a move on. Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.