Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try this for spinach breakfast Diana .:)...I lined a ceramic oven dish with cooked bacon ...then mixed 4 eggs ,loads of freshly washed spinach scrunched up by hand ,large pinch of mixed herbs and nutmeg ,200 grms creme fraiche and a little grated italian hard cheese all mixed together and then poured on bacon .....oven on 180 till firm and browned .Yummy yummmy low carb breakfast !! Good cold later with salad .:)

Sounds absolutely delish, thank you! And your'e eating spinach?! Woo hoo!

Thanks for sharing. I plan to make this for Sunday brunch tomorrow.

I hope you are recovering

7.3 this morning by the way...

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning- never went beyond 6.1 yesterday, I experimented with a Jacobs crispbread at work (6g carb) with Philly cheese on as a snack and I was 5.3 before, 6.1 at 1hr, 5.2 2hrs so that seems ok for a work snack! Before my evening meal at 6.30pm I was 4.6, 5.3 at bed

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Have a great break :)

Bg after over 32 hours of nothing but water 9.1.(had op yesterday and had nil by mouth but water and vile bowel prep stuff) )

Hope it all went well Susie and you have a swift recovery. That'll be mostly your liver in anti-starvation mode, with a bit of stress thrown in for good measure!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning.

I've had a couple of days when I haven't been feeling my 100% best. Nothing dire, just not quite the full ticket. Looking back, I don't think I have been spreading my food evenly enough throughout the day. Having found rhubarb (I can't get it overseas, were it's too hot for it to grow, and the only canned stuff is in syrup), I swapped my rolled oats with milk and a little bran for yoghurt and rhubarb. I've been loving it, but it has been a chop in both calories and my usual carb regime. Because my calories were running low, and I was losing weight I upped both protein and fat at dinner, because lunch is usually a brief stop in the day. I'm not keen to modify my lunch too much as I feel it gives me flexibility, not to be wedded to a bigger meal that I don't really feel I need. So, it's going to be tweaking backwards for me, and see how that goes.

Chatting with my OH yesterday, I was relating bumping into someone I used to work with at a business meeting on Thursday, and her reaction. It was the second time someone had done a double take on theme I'm now used to. She said she was more thrown by the change on my hair and jawline than too much more, which actually made me feel more comfortable about the whole thing. My OH had also had a business meeting on Thursday, with someone he last met about 3 months ago. She didn't recognise him, as she stated he has lost weight. Ooooops. Maybe he's not eating enough chips in my absence after all!! He hasn't actually lost a material amount of weight, but the body composition monitor suggests his visceral fat (I wouldn't have said he was likely to have had much, as he's always been slim) has notched down and general muscle increased too. Since I came back, aside from meals out and barbecues, he has stuck pretty much to the way we had been eating. Needless to say, I'm pleased about that, as it means there probably isn't another period of adjustment when he comes home in a few weeks.

Onward and onward,....................... have a great day playmates. :D

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 ( or 5.5jsh) after being up and about. Mr ethyl didn't bring me my morning cuppa so had to get up and do it myself. Time to trade in I think.

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this morning- never went beyond 6.1 yesterday, I experimented with a Jacobs crispbread at work (6g carb) with Philly cheese on as a snack and I was 5.3 before, 6.1 at 1hr, 5.2 2hrs so that seems ok for a work snack! Before my evening meal at 6.30pm I was 4.6, 5.3 at bed

I love those dutch crispbreads Kimbo
They are thick and filling and at only 7.5 carb two make a fairly low carb sub for bread .They don't change my bg at all .
THANK you for all the good wishes for recovery feeling much better today :)
My Bg was up to 26.4 for some reason this morning but I did get up around 4am for bacon and eggs but that was the first thing I'd eaten in almost two days !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 here (albeit on the dodgy strips) - this will probably continue until I go on holiday next Thursday having done all the work that always seems to pile up beforehand.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 here (albeit on the dodgy strips) - this will probably continue until I go on holiday next Thursday having done all the work that always seems to pile up beforehand.
Countdown to holiday begins! X ..and better readings too I hope! :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love those dutch crispbreads Kimbo
They are thick and filling and at only 7.5 carb two make a fairly low carb sub for bread .They don't change my bg at all .
THANK you for all the good wishes for recovery feeling much better today :)
My Bg was up to 26.4 for some reason this morning but I did get up around 4am for bacon and eggs but that was the first thing I'd eaten in almost two days !
Glad you are feeling much better Susie!!

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
6.5 here. Off to Guernsey on a mini cruise today so have a feeling bg will be higher for a few days lol

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I have been experimenting lately a bit here on holidays. I had white bread (no option), 2 to 3 sips of coke and lately a slice of cake and still comfortably below 6 everytime fasting or non fasting. I have had wine too in the evening but no more than a glass and since I am in remote part wholemeal pasta is impossible to get so having to eat white pasta all the time. Also have had fruits too, so everything that I was not having in UK I am having here and still maintaining the sugar levels ok. The only low carb thing I eat is chicken salad but that's like twice I had in 5 days now as that place is quite far and don't feel it's worth going so far just for that so eating whatever I am getting where ever I get it. I have been bad with my eating but have managed to keep sugars in control so can I continue with it atleast till I am away. Eating healthy kept me at the same levels just once I had reading which was higher than normal I think since diagnosis.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 so down 1.4 from yesterday thanks to low carbing and dropped 1kg overnight - clearly water retention from those evils....

Happy. Hoping it goes down and down....

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.8 so down 1.4 from yesterday thanks to low carbing and dropped 1kg overnight - clearly water retention from those evils....

Happy. Hoping it goes down and down....

Yay well done Deb, you know it makes sense.

5.6 here (at 5:30 am bleagghh :dead:)

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.