Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
True, but you're still getting settled into 'normal life'... cut yourself some slack... :)
Yes and it's quite difficult getting back on the low carb wagon. I'm finding I'm quite hungry a lot and wanting the dreaded carbs. Taste buds need training again..........:(

Reactions: 8 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 :wideyed::eek: ...Oops... Went to sleep early and missed out on my supper, so this was a rather early morning wakeup test!

@phil1966 - Spring has not only sprung here, but yesterday was getting ahead of itself too with lots of sunshine and some heavy April showers.

Robbity

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No it's good on two counts.

1) your fasting level should ideally be below 7 fasting.

2) now you have done it you've got your baseline and you can now work on getting your numbers down.

Might even be below this tomorrow if you test before the walk.

Best of luck.
Thanks Baruney :)

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was born and bred in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. I'm now resident in chilly Jockoland as the wife hails from Ayr. Dads Welsh and Mum was English! So I support England at football and Wales in rugby :)

I'm loving the recipes and am discovering stuff I have never even heard of but am eager to try....could be an expensive supermarket visit this weekend to stock up on mats...I have an extensive list already.
Hate red wine...cant even smell it.....blame a medieval banquet 30 years ago!
My biggest challenge is going to be weekend lagers but if needs be my mindset is that now it can go if it has too.
I was quite partial to a brew.... not had one since diagnosis and not missing it.... who knew?

Reactions: 6 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 at bedtime, 4.9 this morning.

The 'unfortunate' side effect is that trying to control both carbs and fats means that I have lost a bit of weight again. A pound or two won't hurt but I need to get things sorted out soon. I hate, hate, hate being obsessed with food choices again. It makes me feel as if diabetes is who I am and I am somehow flawed as a person because of it. The rational part of my brain knows this is not so, but the emotional side keeps taking control. I'm back mentally where I was last February when I was first diagnosed.

Reactions: 23 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 am after 6.6 last night, light(ish) dinner, pork and asparagus, no exercise, just sat and read my book in front of the fire.... not good...

Reactions: 23 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9. Been a terrible week as sleep patterns are all messed up. All part of the job unfortunately. Was lucky to get almost 3 months of routine.

Reactions: 20 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I was born and bred in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. I'm now resident in chilly Jockoland as the wife hails from Ayr. Dads Welsh and Mum was English! So I support England at football and Wales in rugby :)

I'm loving the recipes and am discovering stuff I have never even heard of but am eager to try....could be an expensive supermarket visit this weekend to stock up on mats...I have an extensive list already.
Hate red wine...cant even smell it.....blame a medieval banquet 30 years ago!
My biggest challenge is going to be weekend lagers but if needs be my mindset is that now it can go if it has too.
Wow, sorry you cannot drink the lovely red... but you could have a large, long vodka and slimline tonic, with loads of ice in a big glass.. it lasts for ages!! With lime in it is good... better than lemon somehow... They call beer/lager 'liquid bread'... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.7 at bedtime, 4.9 this morning.

The 'unfortunate' side effect is that trying to control both carbs and fats means that I have lost a bit of weight again. A pound or two won't hurt but I need to get things sorted out soon. I hate, hate, hate being obsessed with food choices again. It makes me feel as if diabetes is who I am and I am somehow flawed as a person because of it. The rational part of my brain knows this is not so, but the emotional side keeps taking control. I'm back mentally where I was last February when I was first diagnosed.
Awwww..... I know, and I'm sure we all do, exactly what you mean.... you'll cheer up again soon... it's amazing isn't it - you think you've got it cracked and something happens - stress or illness - and here you are again, counting numbers and having to think about every morsel that goes in your mouth... Brunneria has been doing it for years... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.3 am after 6.6 last night, light(ish) dinner, pork and asparagus, no exercise, just sat and read my book in front of the fire.... not good...
Sounds good to me though... :) Never mind.... exercise today instead...

Reactions: 9 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
Wow, sorry you cannot drink the lovely red... but you could have a large, long vodka and slimline tonic, with loads of ice in a big glass.. it lasts for ages!! With lime in it is good... better than lemon somehow... They call beer/lager 'liquid bread'... :)
May have a crack at a dry white with soda water or Gin and slimline bitter lemon :)

Will admit its gonna be hard dropping the pints ....its a weakness for the Welsh :) along with sheep of course lol

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
May have a crack at a dry white with soda water or Gin and slimline bitter lemon :)

Will admit its gonna be hard dropping the pints ....its a weakness for the Welsh :) along with sheep of course lol
:)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.