Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@ Daphne &Clivethedrive,

Over here the definition of normal FBG seems to depend on the Sick Fund one belongs to.

Mine says its 70-100 mg/dl ie 3.9 to 5.555 mmoles/l. The other says 72mg- 108 mg/dl or 4-6 mmoles/l

The small differences really are just reflecting the different measurement units used by each system, ie mg/dl or mmoles/l
I believe you are right Pasha... I am beginning to see that if I go over 100 or so, early in the morning, I get hot and miserable and if I go under 77 I get shaky and anxious, and very, very pale.... If I eat regularly I seem to be alright, but it's difficult when I travel so much and live in big hotels a lot of the time... I could not manage living your stringent life-plan, even though I admire it... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it's the first time I've tested my blood. I've had the machine
a week, bu I've been such a wuss about pricking my **** finger.
Anyway on my walk with the dog,I'm gave myself a stiff talking too,
( made sure no one was about) and told myself to stop being a
******* wuss, and get on with it.
So I tested at 6.4 before breakfast. Is that bad because I haven't a clue.

Reactions: 18 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
4.5 before dinner
4.7 after
5.1 fasting
I have stopped my medicines completely to seehow things go next few months. Metformin playing up too much. Not take it for more than a week. Might not be the best thing I havedone but I will take a chance for a month or so.
Excellent news, good luck, but how scary... :) You give everyone hope...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.6 this morning. Don't mind that, a bit lower would be nice though.
True, but you're still getting settled into 'normal life'... cut yourself some slack... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.6 this morning, had been awake over an hour when I tested, feel shocking with this cold today! Day off and hairdressers for colour and trim, can't cancel as its my only chance the next few weeks workwise as Easter kicks off the season here.
Hope everyone has a good day
I hope you feel better when your hair's done... colds are the pits...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's not bad, although we'd all like to be lower in the morning... :) You may have had a 'liver dump' - it's called the Dawn Phenomenon I think... your liver thinks you need some extra sugar to start the day, so it dumps some for you... :) Your liver loves you... grrrrrrrr.......

Reactions: 9 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not bad, although we'd all like to be lower in the morning... :) You may have had a 'liver dump' - it's called the Dawn Phenomenon I think... your liver thinks you need some extra sugar to start the day, so it dumps some for you... :) Your liver loves you... grrrrrrrr.......
My naughty liver lol
Thanks Susikav x

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish you such good luck with your wonderful goal of doing the Brighton Marathon... :) You are doing amazing things there Baruney... :joyful: I am learning from everyone here still... thank you for the information... keep us posted as to your progress...
Will do susikav. Many thanks.

M

mojo37

Morning all

Weather is having a right hizzy fit down here on the Kent coast. Oh well should keep the Saga louts off the streets for a while. Being Thursday it might even be safe to go to Aldi this am!

4.4 fasting.

Aldi on a thrus is always a dicey day lol

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
It is indeed very complicated, and I keep learning new stuff every day - it's a long game... the trick I found is to read every post - and go back some way if you have time - there's a diamond glinting in many of them... :) Like the microwave flax muffin... :) takes two minutes to make and is lush toasted in the morning... sadly I seem to be allergic to flax, but I make bread from almond flour and milled seeds... chia seed is a wonderful thing... It makes lovely puds, as is cacao... pure chocolate and fibre... makes the most amazing hot chocolate that's actually good for you... :singing: I love it... My biggest problem is to try not to eat too much... I am not overweight but can easily get that way with bacon, avocado, a little tomato and home made mayo... difficult to stop eating it... :) And chicken and chorizo stew with a few haricot beans... mini quiches full of cheese and veg...and and and... hungry again see... :) It's amazing how the weight drops off when you first seriously low-carb... there is a thread called Low Carb Recipes here too... have a look at some of the stuff you're allowed, nay, positively encouraged to eat... berries and cream for one... a glass of red wine - which reduces your numbers nicely... just don't overdo it of course... cheese, bacon, sausages... the list is lovely.... I love this life-style and I've moved on from having no energy at all to being full of beans... or, not beans, as they're too carby mostly, but you know what I mean... :) Good luck with your journey WG... ahhhh, not in Wales then? My people came from Haverford West originally.... difficult when Wales are playing England.... :)
I was born and bred in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. I'm now resident in chilly Jockoland as the wife hails from Ayr. Dads Welsh and Mum was English! So I support England at football and Wales in rugby :)

I'm loving the recipes and am discovering stuff I have never even heard of but am eager to try....could be an expensive supermarket visit this weekend to stock up on mats...I have an extensive list already.
Hate red wine...cant even smell it.....blame a medieval banquet 30 years ago!
My biggest challenge is going to be weekend lagers but if needs be my mindset is that now it can go if it has too.

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No it's good on two counts.

1) your fasting level should ideally be below 7 fasting.

2) now you have done it you've got your baseline and you can now work on getting your numbers down.

Might even be below this tomorrow if you test before the walk.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.