Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But, I must be having higher readings sometimes too, that I don't see, because otherwise my HbA1c would be lower than 32 or 5.1%. But, I'm not too concerned about that.
:)

@AndBreathe Did you find where these higher readings are when you did your hourly testing recently?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine were 10.2 this morning. I've not been on the forum for a while. So firstly hello to old friends....I've been a bit in denial lately. Letting things slip..so I'm turning over a new leaf and taking myself in hand big time...the support I always had on here was amazing

Welcome back, and good news you are back in the fold and coming back out of denial.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a few, where I concluded I was/am having between meal liver dumps as they seemed a bit counter-intuitive. Similarly I apparently had a bit of a liver styleeee incident during the night.

I'll rerun that test routine soon to validate it (or otherwise) but it's obviously disruptive testing hourly during the night.

I'm curious to see the costs of the new Abbott system launching next week which seems almost like a CGM-lite. If affordable, I might be inclined to give it a whirl for a periodic deep- dive style approach. Waking and swiping the sensor feels like it would be less intrusive.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For completeness.

I did 15 minute interval testing after food to catch peaks, continuing until a reducing trend.

I still didn't see anything over something like 5.7. Apologies, I'm on my phone, so can't easily toggle to my testing records which I did in Excel in order to capture everything in one place.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I'm putting it down to the simple thing of cutting out the major carbs Dale ...No potatos,rice ,pasta ect .I used to eat pasta of some form at least four times a week .I am back on Metformin but my bg had dropped to around ten before I even took the first tablet so it can only really be my eating .Oh and of course smaller portions :)

OOps nearly forgot 9.3 this morning
well done again for this morning looks like you have cracked it, mine down 1.3 again this morning nearly back to my lowest of 12 anyone know what that equates to for HbA1c? last test 111

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For completeness.

I did 15 minute interval testing after food to catch peaks, continuing until a reducing trend.

I still didn't see anything over something like 5.7. Apologies, I'm on my phone, so can't easily toggle to my testing records which I did in Excel in order to capture everything in one place.

So with an A1c of 32, your average mmol/l was 5.5 according to the calculator. I wonder if there was something wrong with your A1c test? I don't imagine they are 100% accurate.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not going to worry overly much, as I'm well within non-diabetic levels, even with a decent margin. And of course, the 24 hour testing was one period of 24 hours.

Unless I had far more instances of that activity I couldn't challenge anything.

You may recall I "invested" in some home HbA1c tests. I've done 2 of those. The first came in at 5.6 and the second 5.4. So everything is grouping in a decent place.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for that, so with them currently running at around 12 mmol I am about 25 to 30% down with 5 weeks to go before my next hba1c test hopefully that will come down even more

Not necessarily! You are only looking at a fasting reading. What are your other readings like?

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Not necessarily! You are only looking at a fasting reading. What are your other readings like?
generally they are lower before lunch and then a rise of between 1. & 2. Higher after 1 hour then back to normal before dinner after dinner is a bit erratic dependant on what time I eat and of course what I eat

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
generally they are lower before lunch and then a rise of between 1. & 2. Higher after 1 hour then back to normal before dinner after dinner is a bit erratic dependant on what time I eat and of course what I eat

Well you must take all these readings in to account if you want an average to see how you are doing against future HbA1c levels.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.4 this morning, supposed to be on holiday and 6.3 before dinner tonight which is ridiculous, *** is going on. Apart from the strips batch which could be adding 0.5, it can only be down to disruption of routine, less exercise and confused liver. Not eating any differently even if finding something suitable at lunch is sometimes a problem.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks @Scandichic I'm panicking a bit as I have another review next month and having impressed my DN last time and got her on side I don't want to scupper this up. I've gained 4lbs too and haven't been able to shift them in 2 weeks. There could be a connection. Maybe I need to tweak my fat/carb ratios.

Hope you 're good and well :) x
Mine is due too and I am panicking because it's been really high with the heat. Now it's dropped back down again. Pain! How long till the new addition? Can't be long now! Scandix

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is due too and I am panicking because it's been really high with the heat. Now it's dropped back down again. Pain! How long till the new addition? Can't be long now! Scandix

Pain indeed! Not long - baby is due 27th September. I've booked 2 weeks out of my diary and arranged flights and ferry crossing. Email from daughter today says that her partner attended a Daddy only baby care class last night! He now knows how to bath a baby and change a nappy. Makes you wonder how we all got by!! x

Reactions: 3 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning, supposed to be on holiday and 6.3 before dinner tonight which is ridiculous, *** is going on. Apart from the strips batch which could be adding 0.5, it can only be down to disruption of routine, less exercise and confused liver. Not eating any differently even if finding something suitable at lunch is sometimes a problem.

You're in very good company @sanguine - the only difference is the rest of us aren't enjoying a relaxing holiday! :p

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Pain indeed! Not long - baby is due 27th September. I've booked 2 weeks out of my diary and arranged flights and ferry crossing. Email from daughter today says that her partner attended a Daddy only baby care class last night! He now knows how to bath a baby and change a nappy. Makes you wonder how we all got by!! x
I could never understand why people worried about such things but then were probably too laid back! Hope it all goes well and keep us posted! Scandix

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to get on top of this DP. Tested at 3am when I woke for the bathroom - 6.7.
Still awake at 4am with a dull ache in my lower back that I've had all week so tested again - 7.6!

at 5am - its 8.2.:banghead:

Edit: at 6am - 7.6

@Brunneria's thread made really interesting reading and I do remember it the first time round, but at that time I was hopeful that my fasting bs would reduce in time. Still waiting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.