Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

I had a hot cross bun today .. :***:
I have to check they are nice enough to enjoy tomorrow:)

Cauliflower cheese and all veggie roasties today and tomorrow..
My supermarket shop is done .. :)
Alpro icecream and strawberries purchased x :***:

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Egg on toast

L: Quorn slice & salad sandwich. Frusli bar (flapjack type thing).

D: Dough balls & garlic sauce. Pumpkin & pine nut fiorelli (fancy ravioli) with tomato sauce (Italian ketchup really) & insalata (lettuce). Just missing a glass of wine

Yay: it's weekend!!!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Egg on toast

L: Quorn slice & salad sandwich. Frusli bar (flapjack type thing).

D: Dough balls & garlic sauce. Pumpkin & pine nut fiorelli (fancy ravioli) with tomato sauce (Italian ketchup really) & insalata (lettuce). Just missing a glass of wine

Yay: it's weekend!!!
OOO haven't had egg on toast for years .. me thinks it may be for tomorrows lunch :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Last night we had homemade falafels with a minty tofu dip. My daughter made the falafels this time using the same recipe I always use. So how come hers were much nicer than mine? :bored: Really crispy outside and light and fluffy inside.

Here is the recipe if anyone else wants to make them. Subbed the flour for soya flour. Chickpea flour works too.

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2011/01/falafel/

Reactions: Ledzeptt
S

Sable_Jan

OOO haven't had egg on toast for years .. me thinks it may be for tomorrows lunch :)
cheesy scrambled eggs on toast for my dinner... very naughty breakfast of Curiously Cinnamon cereal & cream (formerly cinnamon Grahams)... naughty cos I had too much....first bowl for years...a treat.....tea is curry...have got some cauli rice but as I'm eating with friend its going to be pingding pilau rice and naan bread...

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
cheesy scrambled eggs on toast for my dinner... very naughty breakfast of Curiously Cinnamon cereal & cream (formerly cinnamon Grahams)... naughty cos I had too much....first bowl for years...a treat.....tea is curry...have got some cauli rice but as I'm eating with friend its going to be pingding pilau rice and naan bread...

You need a treat every now and again!

What is "pingding" pilau rice? Is it a regional dish or the sound your microwave makes? :)

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Ledzeptt did I read on another thread that you are baking bread this weekends? We might need photos :hungry:

I am indeed - my first ever soda bread, and the easiest bread I've ever baked. I've not tasted it yet, but the whole house smells great!

c146cb835418e9dac1a030a70d1eaf90.jpg

Sorry it's not vegan: it contains buttermilk, which is something I've never used before. Plus, it's high carb.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not really: it only took 10 minutes to mix the ingredients, then straight in the oven for an hour - no kneading, proving, knocking back etc! Job done in 1 1/2 hours including getting everything out of the cupboard and leaving the bread to cool.

==> Just eaten some with my morning coffee and I'm impressed; very tasty :)

My wife doesn't like soda bread, so she was disappointed to learn what I was baking. However, she likes this bread too and she's hard to please (fussy)!

Catch you later, I'm off out now - the sun seems to be shining but I don't think it will last. Have a good day!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Soda bread

L: More soda bread, this time with avocado and a poached egg.

D: Nut cutlet, rice and mixed veg. (I gave the bread a miss!)

Probably have more soda bread tomorrow :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Morning vegfolk :cat:

We are planning a colourful dinner today of roast Med veg with baby peppers stuffed with a spicy mix of walnuts and sundried tomatoes. Bounty bites for afters - recipe and pics on the vegan thread.

Reactions: Ledzeptt
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I think I need to crank up my weight loss a notch for the sake of my blood pressure. The easiest and most effective way for this I have found is this method: "No solids between Hollyoaks and lunchtime." Not sure the name will catch on! If I am not posting, it is because I am avoiding the temptations of all your lovely food until I settle down into the regime.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I need to crank up my weight loss a notch for the sake of my blood pressure. The easiest and most effective way for this I have found is this method: "No solids between Hollyoaks and lunchtime." Not sure the name will catch on! If I am not posting, it is because I am avoiding the temptations of all your lovely food until I settle down into the regime.
Can you believe it.... the wife just said 'what's a hollyoaks' you couldn't make it up LOL

K

Kat100

Easter Monday greetings ..
Hope you all had a nice Easter .. love the bread @Ledzeptt yum
Roasted things yesterday with broccoli cheese bake
Today I am cooking a curry ..
Have eaten chocolate :***:
And strawberries of course :cool: and more later ..
I add fresh lemon juice to the strawberries.. :hungry: changes the taste very nice ..
Ok walking later :joyful:

K

Kat100

Holly oaks diet is yours now you own it :) x

K

Kat100

Did the walking .. met two doggies threw balls for them
Came back recovered .. and ate three chocolate truffles ..
Not as good as the fridge cake though ..
Decided homemade is better and cheaper :)

The curry is cooked so a nice evening ahead ..
Enjoy everyone x