ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
well done everyone! Only down from 97.4kg to 97kg this week but still heading in the right direction :)
I too have been in the back of the wardrobe looking for old smaller clothes from a previous life! I'm down two sizes so I can pull my jeans off without undoing the button now! I have invested in a belt for now, cheaper than new jeans! Hope to go down at least one more size before spending too much on new clothes.
Just bought more tops but only ones I can get seamstress to take in. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Everyone well done!
I love this thread. A big help to me.
Congratulations to losers. You are winners for life.

No matter what I was doing I never lost and just added and added.
Metformin long term use is making a huge difference for me. Now on lansoprozol it supports my acid reflux.
I might have a hernia under this water retention thou.

Reactions: Polgara

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
If anyone suffers with underactive thyroid they shouldnt eat raw veg. I cannot remember if you do suffer that way @srobertson06 . Do you, like many others, suffer with underactive thyroid?
I'm going to try @Rachox 's method and test on my meter 2hrs later. You?

I will try the rice/egg cup and test - cannot live without favorite meal and will also try and have it on a day where I fast until lunch time as blood sugars will be at their lowest.

Do not know about thyroid so will investigate this.

Thank you for your input

Reactions: ickihun

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
So had to go buy scales today as not had any for about 3yrs.

Weight at first appointment on the 18th July 117.4Kg
Weight today: 112.0Kg
BMI today: 34.4 (Obese)
Going forward will weigh in weekly.
Target weight: 80Kg
Target BMI: 25 (0.6 above normal)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done everyone! Only down from 97.4kg to 97kg this week but still heading in the right direction :)
I too have been in the back of the wardrobe looking for old smaller clothes from a previous life! I'm down two sizes so I can pull my jeans off without undoing the button now! I have invested in a belt for now, cheaper than new jeans! Hope to go down at least one more size before spending too much on new clothes.

I like those belts without holes so I can just pop the prong through the fabric. Got a £5 belt from peacocks last week.

When I have bought stuff I have just made sure it is elasticated and tie. Ideally so there is or I can run ribbon or a belt through the waist band although they could go through belt hooks at a push.

Most of my summer tops are of the drop shoulder variety so I have a theory I will lose enough to let me cut the seams and restitch with seam allowance. Not tried it yet but I have a couple of nightdresses about to be practiced on.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
4/8 - I forgot to post my weight this morning! But, still at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done to Everybody :).

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I have actually managed to gain weight and am now maintaining at 10 St 2 Lb give or take a pound or so and am happy with that congrats to all you losers.:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So had to go buy scales today as not had any for about 3yrs.

Weight at first appointment on the 18th July 117.4Kg
Weight today: 112.0Kg
BMI today: 34.4 (Obese)
Going forward will weigh in weekly.
Target weight: 80Kg
Target BMI: 25 (0.6 above normal)
Well done @TazziT :)

Reactions: TazziT

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So I was 123.40kgs this morning so only 0.20kg loss since friday but a step in right direction for friday weigh-in.
Had mcdonalds without bun or fries at or mcdonald's yearly visit this summer.
I'm looking forward to my weigh-in next week at hospital eatwell training sessions. A third plate carb training, for all. Even diabetic type2s who are obese.
They are taking my insulin usage for granted, me thinks. This I've reduced but not much room for more reduction without higher bgs and higher hba1c.
A bad time to diet when kids on hols for 6weeks.
How I'm losing weight is a miracle.
Physio said if I get any unexplained weight loss to see gp. I'm hoping this isn't unexplained but to be honest I'm eating no different to a few weeks ago. I'm putting it down to long term metformin use.
I hope I'm right.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done everyone! Me, I'm 95.9kg down from 97kg this week, another 1.1kg gone :)
I've reached my first personal target of three stone weight loss since diagnosis in May! I can't believe I've lost 3 stone in 3 months. I haven't been this light since before my son was born, he's 21! Super proud of myself!
However it's my birthday today so I have a couple of low carb but not low calorie treats lined up, so I hope I don't put too much back on :p