What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Porchetta, corned beef and tomato
Cheese and tomato
Smoked sockeye salmon but too salty. Couldn't eat it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So back to Tuesday supper which was leftover cold roast chicken and salad Touch of salad cream.
Yesterday usual brekkie of slice LC toast, butter, copious tea.
Lunch was sliced ham and mixed salad.
Supper was three meaty sausages, small spoon of Mr P’s beans and broccoli.
Today we went out for brunch since it was raining and Mr P going away tomorrow for 6 days. I had scrambled eggs on one slice brown toast and a side of sauteed mushrooms.
Tonight is Fish Finger Firsday so chunky cod fingers with tenderstem broccoli.

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday for breakfast, back bacon, and mushrooms
for dinner, chicken stir-fry.

Breakfast today was slices of back bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, all fried in the same pan with butter. Followed by coffee with cream

Mid day a G&T and packet of pork scratchings

Coffee made with cream

Dinner, smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Bought a 'frother' yesterday to blend cream added in coffee. Not sure if it's my imagination, but it does appear to have taken away any hunger. I really am not that hungry.... no complaining here :happy:

Helen40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been a bit rubbish few days healthwise but....today's food was
B Celery, walnut and quarter of an apple mixed with Greek natural yoghurt, small spoon of creme fraiche.
L Supergrain nutty salad from M & S.
D mushroom omelette with sliced cucumber snd a few sliced spring onions.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up later with missed posts while I've been away.
Today's food
10ish one slice of bacon, egg and mushroom
1ish yoghurt and garden berries plus one square of 100% chocolate
IMG_20230831_170050.jpg

5ish home made chilli using olives instead of kidney beans and one slice of LC garlic bread with glass of red wine then pudding of LC cake with decaffeinated coffee.
Hectic enjoyable time away and ate lots but stayed low carb and did an epic mountain climb in wind and rain - it got colder and colder as we ascended and I wished I'd thought of gloves and hat but it was August and I was wrapped up in a lot of layers! OH got up the mountain to celebrate achieving his 70th but despite his major carb loading he did lose power in his legs at the end descending and we had to support him over the finish line.....meanwhile I'd been powered by two boiled eggs and had plenty of energy thankfully no doubt burning my body fat - but gosh I felt the cold! At least we all got down safe.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, slices of avocado and tiger prawns seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablets.
Espresso.

L: Mushroom and spinach frittata made with eggs, grated Cheddar cheese, onion, cream and oregano.
Salad using chicory, sweet cicely, celery, mint, Kalamata olives and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinaigrette, topped with roasted cashews.
Skipped pudding
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, lettuce, cherry toms, celery, Halkidiki olives and Welsh onions dressed with home-made mayonnaise, topped with toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: meatballs with tomato and mascapone sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

2023-08-31 19.04.48.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First day of proper carnivore diet for me today. I Was going to start on 1st Sept but it’s our anniversary next week so I wanted a ‘day in lieu’
No breakfast, just black coffee alternating with water.
L- flash fried minute steak and a fried egg.
D- 1/2 a roast, free range chicken. Lovely crispy skin.
Good to see you back @shelley262 , climbing a mountain is such a fantastic way to celebrate a 70th birthday. Well done him! I can’t believe you did it all on 2 boiled eggs though.
@maglil55 hugs for the gout. Before I retired I worked in a diagnostic laboratory, one of the tests we did was looking for Uric acid crystals under a polarising microscope. They are like needles and could be seen spearing the white blood cells which had tried to phagocytose them. I could only imagine the pain they caused, they looked evil.
@Helen40 hope your health issues improve soon.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 31 August - bed 6.1 FBG 6.7 Where has the year gone? I got myself back to Aqua today. I had to make some changes to avoid putting pressure on the right, but I enjoyed it. I obviously lost more weight than I thought as everyone in the class commented on it. I guess it's more noticeable in a swimsuit.

B. TAG and LC granola with sugar-free coconut milk and raspberries. Benecol dairy free.

L. Very late, slice of SRSLY toast with a cheese triangle.

D. Repeat yesterday's salmon salad, but no egg, and add a cheese triangle. CC little chocolate pot with 3 strawberries.

I'm still drinking much more water than usual. I'd love a Zero Moretti, but common sense tells me to wait until my foot returns to "normal."

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First day of proper carnivore diet for me today. I Was going to start on 1st Sept but it’s our anniversary next week so I wanted a ‘day in lieu’
Good to see you back @shelley262 , climbing a mountain is such a fantastic way to celebrate a 70th birthday. Well done him! I can’t believe you did it all on 2 boiled eggs though.
@maglil55 hugs for the gout. Before I retired I worked in a diagnostic laboratory, one of the tests we did was looking for Uric acid crystals under a polarising microscope. They are like needles and could be seen spearing the white blood cells which had tried to phagocytose them. I could only imagine the pain they caused, they looked evil.
They are evil! I couldn't believe how easy, and suddenly, I was crippled.

Helen40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Appreciate that! Thank you x

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Slowly getting back into the swing of things. @maglil55 , my husband had gout a few times and always said the pain was excruciating so I can guess what you are going thro! The diet for that isn't easy either. Yesterday I made a sort of crustless quiche in the frying pan and it was delicious. Today it's fish and boiled eggs with mayo for tea. I'm cutting out bread altogether (and cakes, biscuits and chocolate that I slowly got back into eating :banghead:). I haven't had bread for 3 days now and it's getting easier. Have a good weekend everyone

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast mid morning was the liver from yesterdays chicken flash fried in butter.
Lunch was a couple of cold streaky bacon rashers used to scoop up cream cheese.
Dinner, supposed to be ribeye steak but I think I must have been hungry when I went to the butcher, I said I wanted very thick ones, they are nearly 1lb each! I didn’t feel I could do mine justice tonight so we had slices of the ham hock I’d cooked earlier in the IP and fried eggs. Lots of soda water to drink

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 admire you trying carnivore to help improve your bgs. I m not sure if I would be able to do it I've never managed to cut out veggies I love the different textures too much.
10ish one slice of bacon, egg and mushroom with slice of LC toast
1ish garden berries with yogurt and one square of 100% chocolate
3ish LC lemon cake with my weak black tea
5ish salmon in lemon butter, cauliflower cheese and garden beans with glass of dry white wine followed by LC chocolate brownie and decaffeinated coffee
IMG_20230901_170634.jpg

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Tuna salad with cheese, tomato and pepper.
Beef and butter x 2
Oh and somewhere in between..... Peanut Butter

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter and avocado slices seasoned with black pepper, plus a wedge of Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablets
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover spinach and mushroom frittata.
Lettuce, Romano peppers, celery sticks and cherry toms with a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Almonds and hazelnuts.
Water to drink.
Wild blackberries to round off lunch.

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with sweet cicely, vine tomatoes, lemon verbena, Kalamata olives and mustard cress, dressed with olive oil and a touch of lemon juice, topped with toasted pine nuts.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar
Dinner at a type 2 friends house. Creamy garlic prawns with spinach, cherry tomatoes and courgette.

IMG_9434.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I only managed to eat 374 calories with 20g carbs. The carbs were a packet of plain crisps after my 2nd meal just to try to boost calories a bit. How on earth can I eat 1300 calories a day without taking in lots of carbs? I don't think I can - I'd be bursting if it was all protein and my innards would play up badly if I increase the veg too much.