What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
8.8 at 0530. I'd stayed up very late trying to sort out a problem with the Find My Past site, so slept in.

1000 up slightly to 8.9. Those are both Libre figures - Finger prick gives 9.0 and 9.1. Who knows what's right - both a bit too high though.

Wet and pretty windy here this morning. Forecast says it's going to be worse later in the day. Just as well I shan't be poking my nose outside the door. Chilly enough in the house, despite heating being on, supposedly at 19 degrees.

Must get back to FMP to see if I can repair the damage that I did (they had my great grandmother and gr grandfather in twice because her family name was changed in the late 1700's from Penticost to Pankhurst (a well known change to have made). I deleted one of them and that took out all of her ancestors and descendents for both! I am working on putting them all back in - only once this time. The FMP site does this sort of thing from time to time - duplicates a generation of children which then have to be thinned out again. Bit of a nuisance. Don't know why I bother really, but some people do crosswords, some jigsaw puzzles. I seek out my family history.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
On ancestry dot com if I get duplications like that I do a merge so both entries are merged into one and you select which details to keep.
I think, once I can get into it, Ancestry might be a more user friendly site. So far, though, I'm having problems with that site - all started because they didn't say my browser couldn't be used. Once that was resolved, there's a problem because of the number of times I tried unsuccessfully to join Ancestry. I'll be working on that later today. I think the problem with FMP is that I agreed to let others share my tree and someone makes corrections somehow - not sure how - and that throws everything into confusion.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.3

Wildlife Nighttime cameras
Cats & then finally the Fox
Midnight and Jade often share the swing in the night. And it also tends to keep inquisitive badgers at bay. The badgers seem reluctant to even look at the swing when Midnight is on it! But no badgers this night, although on other clips in between these, eyes were seen in the bushes...(badgers?).
Chunky Marmalade was not welcomed by Midnight, yet Foxy Loxy was an acceptable visitor!!!
57secs

Creative fountain pen drawing and spray water...
Just playing around. Scribbling...
A little bit of colour with a water brush and felt tips...

The moon was very bright last night. As bright as day, and so I got to see the badgers and foxes first hand through my glass door...

Skype call been cancelled for this week. That's okay. Grandkids are celebrating last day of freedom on the beach before new school term starts.

Cuppa tea and a quick nap now.
App promises sunshine today.
So I will be in the garden as soon as possible if the weather app delivers its promise...but it will still be another month before the sunshine reaches the swing or the actual ground. I am so glad I bought all those holey outdoor rubber mats last year to place on all the pathways round my garden. There is no danger of me slipping any more. It does look odd, but it's well worth it.

Have your best day...

View attachment 65844
A female Ent?
Different but nice.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.6 this day of rest! Hang on, it's not rest I'm getting!
Ho hum!
Cricket manifique!
Lots of jam, more pope, and a huge surprise win in the sub continent.
More facup, arrows were a Dutch delight.

Not in good mood. Mrs L has been an absolute pain this morning, obsessing over things.

Can't stop.

My best wishes to you all as always!.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh no @dunelm - it is horrid when you break a favourite coffee cup.
It's also horrible when someone else uses your favourite and gives you a different one, but you can't complain and have to be appreciative because someone made you coffee....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's also horrible when someone else uses your favourite and gives you a different one, but you can't complain and have to be appreciative because someone made you coffee....
Yes, I also hate it when that happens as I love my favourite mug.

I also have a favourite table when I go to the pub across the road from my venue on Mondays for my lunch and Tuesdays for coffee and try not to be too disappointed if someone has already commandeered it before I get there.

I notice the same thing in my classes. Everyone has their favourite spot in the class.

lindisfel

Expert
Was very tired yesterday, afer getting up at 0530 and working doing bits and pieces, knowing I can do it after years of inactivity.
Its the wrong approach one shoud do as little as possible untill ones normal getting up time and then slip into the normal routine.
I was falling asleep repeatly by 1900.
2100 when went to bed I had slept solid for 1 hour in my chair.
Since I can't free wheel down hills in neutral!
I will run into sync with normal mode at 0700.
Derek

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Wildlife nighttime camera
2 foxes have a spat & wake up Cat Jade but Jade goes back to sleep
31 secs

Creative...fountain pen drawing, sprayed with water. Let it dry, and draw again...wherever the fountain pen wanders...

Time for a cuppa and a nap.

Have your best day...

IMG_5583.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is. I wonder if I should break that habit. We have far too many cups and mugs for our needs. Maybe I should use a different one each day. But then that is just another habit being formed - drat!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Wildlife nighttime camera
2 foxes have a spat & wake up Cat Jade but Jade goes back to sleep
31 secs

Creative...fountain pen drawing, sprayed with water. Let it dry, and draw again...wherever the fountain pen wanders...

Time for a cuppa and a nap.

Have your best day...

View attachment 65864
I’m liking these ink pen and water pieces