What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.8 at 03:30. Down to 8.4 before breakfast. Still going down.

As usual I'm pretty tired and sore after my baking and cooking spree plus going to the party. I find that I can't hear most of what adults are saying because I miss the lower tones these days. On the other hand I find the high pitched voices of children, especially when they're having fun, quite painful to my ears. As you say, Ian, smile and wave... and pretend you can understand what others are saying (much better than constantly having to say "sorry, I didn't catch that". Neil gets enough of that from me. He has a problem, which I believe is common in Asperger's, of having very sensitive hearing so he speaks very quietly (mumbles) and hates loud noises or voices. Turns out my brother is the same as me, as was our mother and her mother.

I was delighted to see that everyone enjoyed the food I had taken. Half of the big cake was eaten and what remained was divided up between 2 or 3 people who couldn't get to the party. That gives me my greatest pleasure. Well worth the effort and the pains.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was delighted to see that everyone enjoyed the food I had taken. Half of the big cake was eaten and what remained was divided up between 2 or 3 people who couldn't get to the party. That gives me my greatest pleasure. Well worth the effort and the pains.
Brilliant post. Pretty much sums up the story of creation, meaning of Easter and the problem of pain right there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Palm Sunday 2024 in Little America and most probably where you are unless you are on Christmas Island or similar. In which case why aren't you asleep? @dunelm thanks for sharing the splendid, reassuringly solid looking art. Busy day yesterday, how is the back faring? @gennepher thanks for sharing the playful creative which suggests a more upbeat mood. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the water gardens. Yesterday wasn't much less stressful for JKP. The boys decided to use the builders' van and RR to ferry things to the local recycling centre and the Thetford one - local one wouldn't accept the van with the logo - and charity shops. Nine hours yesterday and back again today. Facebook came in handy as they advertised a house clearance with images. US service families spotted a chance to grab free furniture and UK electrical goods. Meanwhile, my role was to keep MIL here to avoid a heated three generational difference of opinion about how we might fit even more "essential" ephemera into this house since we are muggles. Hopefully the duck today will be as pleasing to JKP and MIL as they hope. I'll just smile and wave. Peace be with you all.
Thank you @ianpspurs - a bit achy today but still managed 4 miles at a slow pace. US service families - let’s hope they don’t try using UK electrical goods back home. Hope the clearing out is peaking. As you said, smile and wave.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9.8 at 03:30. Down to 8.4 before breakfast. Still going down.

As usual I'm pretty tired and sore after my baking and cooking spree plus going to the party. I find that I can't hear most of what adults are saying because I miss the lower tones these days. On the other hand I find the high pitched voices of children, especially when they're having fun, quite painful to my ears. As you say, Ian, smile and wave... and pretend you can understand what others are saying (much better than constantly having to say "sorry, I didn't catch that". Neil gets enough of that from me. He has a problem, which I believe is common in Asperger's, of having very sensitive hearing so he speaks very quietly (mumbles) and hates loud noises or voices. Turns out my brother is the same as me, as was our mother and her mother.

Smashing, glad it went well despite the hearing issues which I can relate to somewhat.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all others who suffer from irritability, lack of tolerance for the foibles of life and general distain for those who don’t share their view on life. Isn’t life strange.

Blood sugars this morning were something or other, highish I know, but that was this morning.

Here in Tilehurst Towers there or their is a strong smell of paint and also freshly cut grass, notice I don’t use the word lawn, the spelling is far two difficult and would have that gardening chappie off the idiot box “ Don Percy Titchmarch” pulling his hare out, if indeed he has hair, you tell me.

Spring feels imminent, me, me’s and myself won’t make puns on Hooke’s law, but am thinking about “ second to the right and keep straight on till morning “. Good job TLA’s are a no go area for me, me’s and myself, my mind is mess as it is. Aye aye captain.

Please note any words spelt correctly are an aberration and should be shot at Dawn, a nice obliging time ov day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all others who suffer from irritability, lack of tolerance for the foibles of life and general distain for those who don’t share their view on life. Isn’t life strange.

Blood sugars this morning were something or other, highish I know, but that was this morning.

Here in Tilehurst Towers there or their is a strong smell of paint and also freshly cut grass, notice I don’t use the word lawn, the spelling is far two difficult and would have that gardening chappie off the idiot box “ Don Percy Titchmarch” pulling his hare out, if indeed he has hair, you tell me.

Spring feels imminent, me, me’s and myself won’t make puns on Hooke’s law, but am thinking about “ second to the right and keep straight on till morning “. Good job TLA’s are a no go area for me, me’s and myself, my mind is mess as it is. Aye aye captain.

Please note any words spelt correctly are an aberration and should be shot at Dawn, a nice obliging time ov day.
Hooke’s Law - best scientific bit of toilet humour but only if, “for small deformation, stress is directly proportional to strain”.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Palm Sunday 2024 in Little America and most probably where you are unless you are on Christmas Island or similar. In which case why aren't you asleep? @dunelm thanks for sharing the splendid, reassuringly solid looking art. Busy day yesterday, how is the back faring? @gennepher thanks for sharing the playful creative which suggests a more upbeat mood. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the water gardens. Yesterday wasn't much less stressful for JKP. The boys decided to use the builders' van and RR to ferry things to the local recycling centre and the Thetford one - local one wouldn't accept the van with the logo - and charity shops. Nine hours yesterday and back again today. Facebook came in handy as they advertised a house clearance with images. US service families spotted a chance to grab free furniture and UK electrical goods. Meanwhile, my role was to keep MIL here to avoid a heated three generational difference of opinion about how we might fit even more "essential" ephemera into this house since we are muggles. Hopefully the duck today will be as pleasing to JKP and MIL as they hope. I'll just smile and wave. Peace be with you all.
Yesterday definitely wasn't less stressful for JKP nor for you @ianpspurs

We had a lovely stroll around the Water Gardens. It was lovely to see the leaves starting to appear on some of the trees.

Mr K and Poppy enjoyed the sausage roll in the Cafe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a red sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.1 this am. An afternoon of activity yesterday. Mrs Miggins filled planters with plants and then decided to move all the garden furniture to the bottom of the garden. No Vaughan Williams fussing over larks and stuff in sight though. Might still be a bit chilly for that. I washed my car and did POWDERS check: petrol, oil, water, damage, electrics, rubber, steering and suspension (as much as my creaking body allowed). Just take the pills and stop fussing. Can I pressure wash the decking - OK, I can now predict future activities. Tomorrow perhaps. A request for roast vegetables in a cheffy medley - OK. Art bit - same as yesterday, but different. Monday - I hope that yours is good to you. I shall have another koffy.

1711351300246.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a red sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.1 this am. An afternoon of activity yesterday. Mrs Miggins filled planters with plants and then decided to move all the garden furniture to the bottom of the garden. No Vaughan Williams fussing over larks and stuff in sight though. Might still be a bit chilly for that. I washed my car and did POWDERS check: petrol, oil, water, damage, electrics, rubber, steering and suspension (as much as my creaking body allowed). Just take the pills and stop fussing. Can I pressure wash the decking - OK, I can now predict future activities. Tomorrow perhaps. A request for roast vegetables in a cheffy medley - OK. Art bit - same as yesterday, but different. Monday - I hope that yours is good to you. I shall have another koffy.

View attachment 66898
Interesting series, slightly post apocalyptic....
Enjoy that coffee @dunelm

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My brother told me yesterday evening that he and his wife have booked themselves a bus tour of Scotland, which comes across the Minch and stays 2 days in Stornoway in August. They will arrive on the evening of my birthday and be able to spend the next day with me, while the tour takes in the Island tourist spots (which they have seen already). :joyful:

Then away on the morning ferry the next day. :(

Today is podiatry day so will be leaving shortly for that. All the podiatrist will be able to see is my toenails due to all the bandages on my feet and legs. It will have to do, although she's not keen on it. Needs must though.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My brother told me yesterday evening that he and his wife have booked themselves a bus tour of Scotland, which comes across the Minch and stays 2 days in Stornoway in August. They will arrive on the evening of my birthday and be able to spend the next day with me, while the tour takes in the Island tourist spots (which they have seen already). :joyful:

Then away on the morning ferry the next day. :(

Today is podiatry day so will be leaving shortly for that. All the podiatrist will be able to see is my toenails due to all the bandages on my feet and legs. It will have to do, although she's not keen on it. Needs must though.
Something to look forward to. Always nice to have visitors - if they are nice ones :). The podiatrist should be kind.