What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In 6s now I've reduced my insulin. Fbg 6.5 this morning with loads of water retention in stomach. I'd love to know why I now get this. I take furosemide to get rid of it but it just returns on an evening.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
In 6s now I've reduced my insulin. Fbg 6.5 this morning with loads of water retention in stomach. I'd love to know why I now get this. I take furosemide to get rid of it but it just returns on an evening.
Is it worth asking your GP ickihun? Good fbs level today. :)

D

Diabeticliberty

Took my trusty wacking stick made out of 25 mm copper cable out with me.

nl4evAC.jpg

If I might be allowed to point out that anything that gets whacked with that is staying whacked. As whacking sticks go, yours really cuts it

Reactions: Freema
D

Diabeticliberty

Yn y bore da, fy nghlan ddirfawr cryfaf o ddiffygwyr diabetig. On this fine Saturday morning I opened the great compartment door to the diabetic cave and painted on the wall in ink older than my granddad was the legend 2.9mmols. It's a sign, it's a sign my blood sugars are 2.9mmols. Who needs test strips when you have cave paintings? I must away now for some dog walking then breakfast then I am going salmon fishing. It's the weekend and they can't stop me. May you all enjoy whatever you do today.

Well today I went out and proved not one theory but two. Yes that's right you read correctly two. Number one is it is not in fact more important to be good looking than lucky because I caught a salmon of about 14lbs. Number two is the fact that I am in fact as stupid, actually no I am more stupid than I look because I lost a second fish. It was of course much bigger than the one I caught but then salmon anglers always say that. It really was TTTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGG. Well ok maybe not quite that big but big enough.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
5.9 at 5:15 am this fine looking Sunday morn.

It has been used once to wack a miscreant dump chook that should not have been scrounging in my yard.
Mental note to self. If ever I am fortunate enough to go to Australia- avoid any ideas of scrounging in Tipetoo's yard, especially during the night! LOL:) :D:playful: Good levels Tipetoo. Best wishes.

D

Diabeticliberty

Guten Morgen meine mächtigen feinen diabetischen plump tauben. This morning I dealt out the diabetic tarot cards. Sat in a trance like state and they told me few truths. Apparently the cheque is unfortunately not in the post. I will not find love in my local Chinese chippy, only sweet and sour chicken and dim sum and my waking blood sugars are 3.5mmols. I must away now to, wait for it, wait for it...........walk my dawg and then I have a full days teaching salmon fishing. May you all have a Sunday doing what you love to do.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 yesterday am...lazy Saturday; hardest thing I had to do was to remember which thread I was going to put this on.
Do you feel fine with 3,5?
Guten Morgen meine mächtigen feinen diabetischen plump tauben. This morning I dealt out the diabetic tarot cards. Sat in a trance like state and they told me few truths. Apparently the cheque is unfortunately not in the post. I will not find love in my local Chinese chippy, only sweet and sour chicken and dim sum and my waking blood sugars are 3.5mmols. I must away now to, wait for it, wait for it...........walk my dawg and then I have a full days teaching salmon fishing. May you all have a Sunday doing what you love to do.

Reactions: HelenHak