What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, just seen this. How is the fast going? Are you having anything at all? And did you decide on a set number of days or just see how it goes? I've only managed 48hrs so huge respect!!

Today’s fasting bg- 3.7

@Kentoldlady1 I originally set out to do 10-14 days of fasting. I wanted to get into ketosis so I figured fasting would be the best way. This is my fourth extended fast with the shortest of them being 5 days.
48 hours is good but here’s the thing. If you get past those first two days, the hunger drops off significantly. During my fasting I have found they get easier the more I do them.
I’m ending my fast today but I’m going to Start re-feeding very slowly using lots of fats over 4 days before going back to full meals.
I lost 11.5lbs so far but I know there is quite a bit of water weight involved in this loss. If I can keep burning fat, I’m sure more will be lost.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was off for a while when i came out of hospital 5 mths ago .and i still get tired myself i work 7am till 2 pm monday to friday so not too bad but this diabeties is defo a live changer
No kidding. It's not like having a cold, it's always there in the background. At first I wasn't getting tired, but it sort of caught up to me. I think my body is still adjusting to the lower sugar levels. Plus it was weakened, so it takes a bit more effort to do things. But I also feel better now.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today’s fasting bg- 3.7

@Kentoldlady1 I originally set out to do 10-14 days of fasting. I wanted to get into ketosis so I figured fasting would be the best way. This is my fourth extended fast with the shortest of them being 5 days.
48 hours is good but here’s the thing. If you get past those first two days, the hunger drops off significantly. During my fasting I have found they get easier the more I do them.
I’m ending my fast today but I’m going to Start re-feeding very slowly using lots of fats over 4 days before going back to full meals.
I lost 11.5lbs so far but I know there is quite a bit of water weight involved in this loss. If I can keep burning fat, I’m sure more will be lost.

Fasting would be just too much for me. I dont smoke, I dont drink so food is my vice . That said diabetes has forced changes in what I eat. I essentially go for low carb diet which is helping to bring my BG under far better control. What has helped on this rocky path is that I have increased the exercise component of my life. My aim is to achieve 15-20 miles per day with the ultimate aim of walking from Lands End to John a groats. Whether i will be able to build myself up to that degree is what motivates me to keep going.
Hope you too have good aims to keep you going when bad times come a calling.

D

Diabeticliberty

Ésuk banget ésuk wong sing kuat daya tarik kembang diabetes. Muga-muga minggu bisa dipenuhi mirth lan merriment. This morning the diabetic chicken that lives in the hen house in next doors garden woke me up by cockadoodledooing at 4.00am. It cockadoodkedooed 3 times and my blood sugars are 3.0mmols. It will not be cockadoodledooing tomorrow as I climbed over the garden fence and wrung it's neck. Would anybody care for chicken drumsticks? I hope you have a fine day and a fantastic week and if you feel like chicken tonight I'm your man baby

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6,1 mmol on waking up which refused to go down even after 5km 50 minute walk.
21d23da0853606e1466a86e2e0417fd3.jpg

No the best start to the week but not really a disaster either

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

We got a good walk in yesterday with mum's wee dog (the rain held off athough the mud on her paws made her look like she was wearing boots by the time we got back), mum likes the colour of the paint in the bedroom and the coffee mousse pud. I made was a success :)

D

Diabeticliberty

good morning all :)

4.2 today

We got a good walk in yesterday with mum's wee dog (the rain held off athough the mud on her paws made her look like she was wearing boots by the time we got back), mum likes the colour of the paint in the bedroom and the coffee mousse pud. I made was a success :)

Save me some, save me some, save me some pud please. Lots and lots of luvverley pud please :)

Reactions: Granny_grump_
D

Diabeticliberty

6.8 this morning, not had a very good weekend lot of stress and comfort eating should know better.:(

If you've been stressed then please don't add to it by feeling bad about your waking numbers. They are worse than the excellent results you usually post but they are still very good. I hope that your stresses go away :)