Why should I be bothered anymore....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not feeling well myself at the moment....:(....is as much as I can do to look after myself at the moment....

Here is an idea..! How about a little communication with your fella.? See if the guy can do a little taking care of you on a "duvet day".. He may bumble at it? But at least he's having a go.. Try faking a little gratitude towards the "hapless hero"?
It may just boost his self confidence as opposed to the crumbs he gets from the health care professionals...

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Not feeling well myself at the moment....:(....is as much as I can do to look after myself at the moment....
Hope you get this sorted out, and back to full strength. YOU need to look after YOU for a bit!

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

So sorry to hear that @Molly56, how are you feeling today, could it possibly be a bug or a virus ?
Hard as it is to ignore negative infuriating things that someone does ( unless you are made of steel and you don't care, which we know you do, in some way) Ignore the negatives, count to ten, stay :cool: and don't go looking for things, what you don't know wont hurt you, it's down to him and that's his choice, so don't let him drag you down with him.
You have to ignore ALL the negatives and just praise the positives, just a little bit :rolleyes: and I hope you feel better very soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Molly56, sorry to hear that you are under the weather, crack out the hot blackcurrant drinks,,,get the scarf around your neck and huddle up,,,,it is your right to sit and sniff,,moan,,and feel a bit sorry for yourself,,!!!!,,,,Tis the season to be sniffy,,,,:arghh:,,,,,,,and what about one of these at all the hassle that is about at this time,,,:p,,,,,and after going through here is one of these,,,,:banghead: ,,,,,so take it slowly and keep warm,,,,don't push yourself to get stuff done,,,,,,snuggle down,,ans sniff and sneeze all you like,,,,,tfn from Karen.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So sorry to hear that @Molly56, how are you feeling today, could it possibly be a bug or a virus ?
Hard as it is to ignore negative infuriating things that someone does ( unless you are made of steel and you don't care, which we know you do, in some way) Ignore the negatives, count to ten, stay :cool: and don't go looking for things, what you don't know wont hurt you, it's down to him and that's his choice, so don't let him drag you down with him.
You have to ignore ALL the negatives and just praise the positives, just a little bit :rolleyes: and I hope you feel better very soon :)
@Robinredbreast ...still feeling rotten today...think it is just a virus (sore throat, then cough, then cold) so just working its way through my system...had something similar a couple of months back...is probably just my body's way of saying 'STOP....SLOW DOWN' as have had a busy few weeks what with work and also making some important decisions about the future re my finances etc ...plus Christmas shopping which thankfully I did most of in terms of presents last week...just think sometimes these things (plus everything else going on) just take their toll and I end up feeling totally exhausted...
...plan now is to cut out or put off what I can and just concentrate on what I have to do....have got work tomorrow and Thursday through to Saturday which I cant avoid but other than that am just taking things easy...just dosing myself up with Lemsip before bed and hoping this virus clears itself away quickly....
....did stand on the scales on this morning and found that I have lost some weight recently....is probably because I have been running around so much lately and not taking time to think about eating properly...sometimes find myself skipping lunch when out working at end of week because working hours make it awkward...will have to be more aware of this as this could be part of the cause as to why I am feeling so run down...also don't think stress can help either....will keep an eye on it....
...am hoping I will be feeling a bit better in a couple of days even though I may not feel fully better for a week or two...not really paying any attention to anyone else but think it may be polite to ask how his hospital appointment went when I get back tomorrow afternoon....but on the other hand I may not and wait for him to tell me....

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast ...still feeling rotten today...think it is just a virus (sore throat, then cough, then cold) so just working its way through my system...had something similar a couple of months back...is probably just my body's way of saying 'STOP....SLOW DOWN' as have had a busy few weeks what with work and also making some important decisions about the future re my finances etc ...plus Christmas shopping which thankfully I did most of in terms of presents last week...just think sometimes these things (plus everything else going on) just take their toll and I end up feeling totally exhausted...
...plan now is to cut out or put off what I can and just concentrate on what I have to do....have got work tomorrow and Thursday through to Saturday which I cant avoid but other than that am just taking things easy...just dosing myself up with Lemsip before bed and hoping this virus clears itself away quickly....
....did stand on the scales on this morning and found that I have lost some weight recently....is probably because I have been running around so much lately and not taking time to think about eating properly...sometimes find myself skipping lunch when out working at end of week because working hours make it awkward...will have to be more aware of this as this could be part of the cause as to why I am feeling so run down...also don't think stress can help either....will keep an eye on it....
...am hoping I will be feeling a bit better in a couple of days even though I may not feel fully better for a week or two...not really paying any attention to anyone else but think it may be polite to ask how his hospital appointment went when I get back tomorrow afternoon....but on the other hand I may not and wait for him to tell me....

Hi Molly, stress can be a big factor in so many things, but you have to leave it at his door. I highlighted the above wording to say don't ask and wait to see if he talks about it. If he doesn't at first and then moans that you haven't asked, tell him it's his choice whether to mention things that are important and that you haven't been feeling well yourself. I hope you feel better soon x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
had something similar a couple of months back..

Is that the one that leaves you with a cough for about 4 weeks afterwards..? If so. Rest assured it won't be as bad the second time round...
The cough should only stay a week!

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Is that the one that leaves you with a cough for about 4 weeks afterwards..? If so. Rest assured it won't be as bad the second time round...
The cough should only stay a week!
That's the one....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's the one....

A fair few people wound up with nasty chest infections too.. But I got away with it. (In fact I never get em.)
My therory? lung excersise. I sing in 3 bands regularly.

My prescription. Put you favourite record on & "bawl out" to it..

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Seem to be feeling better now....just a small niggling cough at times (mainly night) ....rest and relaxation seemed to do the trick...:)

No testing at all done today....seems he can't be bothered to go to the cupboard and get a new pot of test strips out...and one thing is for sure ....I am not going to get them out for him.....
....just wondering what is going to happen in three days time when his tablets in the pill organisers run out.....tablets have been collected from pharmacist and are in boxes in same cupboard as test strips.....

Am busy with my Christmas preparations ....have presents to be wrapped so no time to worry about what he is doing....am continually stepping further and further away.....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seem to be feeling better now....just a small niggling cough at times (mainly night) ....rest and relaxation seemed to do the trick...:)

No testing at all done today....seems he can't be bothered to go to the cupboard and get a new pot of test strips out...and one thing is for sure ....I am not going to get them out for him.....
....just wondering what is going to happen in three days time when his tablets in the pill organisers run out.....tablets have been collected from pharmacist and are in boxes in same cupboard as test strips.....

Am busy with my Christmas preparations ....have presents to be wrapped so no time to worry about what he is doing....am continually stepping further and further away.....

No packed bags then..? o_O

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Definitely on self destruct mode at the moment .....21.5 last night.....no sugar for work men's tea this morning / seems he has been adding to porridge so all gone (only have sugar in house for visitors tea)....plus one bag of nestle mint bubbles AND one bag of nestle munchies (both on shopping receipt but never made it back into the house so clearly consumed on drive home).....can tell sugar levels are high by the mood he is in so steering clear for rest of the day....
....quite frankly I have given up doing anything to help....you just can't help some people....:(

....busy wrapping Christmas presents after going out for some quality 'me time'.....lovely walk round RHS garden this lunchtime....:)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Definitely on self destruct mode at the moment .....21.5 last night.....no sugar for work men's tea this morning / seems he has been adding to porridge so all gone (only have sugar in house for visitors tea)....plus one bag of nestle mint bubbles AND one bag of nestle munchies (both on shopping receipt but never made it back into the house so clearly consumed on drive home).....can tell sugar levels are high by the mood he is in so steering clear for rest of the day....
....quite frankly I have given up doing anything to help....you just can't help some people....:(

....busy wrapping Christmas presents after going out for some quality 'me time'.....lovely walk round RHS garden this lunchtime....:)
Hi molly56,keep strong an have yourself a nice peaceful xmas

Reactions: 4 people

MellitusTrap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Consider getting some Xylitol

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Consider getting some Xylitol
@MellitusTrap ..thanks for suggestion but not sure I can be bothered to get sugar substitute....I never use sugar for anything other than for visitors tea or coffee and that is not that often anyway...found a few sachets of sugar in back of cupboard and have hidden away for this purpose so no real reason to have anything else in the house....if on the other hand he should decide to purchase or replace the missing sugar then that is down to him....am not going to get involved in this issue / have better things to do....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee .....where did I mention I was going anywhere?....

You didn't. But the clearly demonstrated "passive resistance" you are exercising in this thread, coupled with the issues you have with your partner can't be conducive to a happy "vibe" in the household..

When alarm bells ring, leave the building... ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You didn't. But the clearly demonstrated "passive resistance" you are exercising in this thread, coupled with the issues you have with your partner can't be conducive to a happy "vibe" in the household..

When alarm bells ring, leave the building... ;)
@Jaylee ....I think perhaps emotionally I have left the building....does that count....still need to live here as it is technically my house...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee ....I think perhaps emotionally I have left the building....does that count....still need to live here as it is technically my house...

I fail to understand in what manor this diabetes forum can be any resource to you, if the intention to support your partner has expired due to his inability to respond..

A "sex & the city" style "brunch" with a few palls may work better...?! ;) Thrash it out over an expensive cappichino...