Why should I be bothered anymore....

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Getting used to thinking about number one first.....just booked a 'me day out' to RHS Chelsea Flower Show for next year....on my own...:)....think this is how it is going to be from now on...
....anyone else want to come too......:)

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Getting used to thinking about number one first.....just booked a 'me day out' to RHS Chelsea Flower Show for next year....on my own...:)....think this is how it is going to be from now on...
....anyone else want to come too......:)
Hi molly56,i'm just over chelsea bridge,.........

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Seriously thinking about it!!

Reactions: 4 people

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You need support and your GPs/Nurses etc should be doing that.

Do you consider that you are a Carer for your wife or that she is a Carer for you? If either of you are dependent upon the other person to assist you then you are effectively needing help. The GPs have to identify persons Carers... You may consider that you both help each other out because you are family... But if either of you are dependent upon the other person then you must tell your Gp. Your GP should also have leaflets regarding carers in the Practice. Some Practices like ours also have noticeboards with a lot of info on.

There are voluntary organisations to assist persons with health concerns.. Especially with Ms/dementia.

It sounds as if you are really struggling.

Have you tried any of the above?

yes every time we get to see Dr its a different one and they ask the same question WHAT wrong WITH YOU and lets see what we can do its taken me over 10 months to get a appointment with the newoligest about my MS as my left leg is num all the time

@azure ......@donnellysdogs @scotts6633 ....these seem to be on wrong thread...will ask @Administrator if they can move them to the correct place .....original thread in greetings and introductions started by @scotts6633 ...not a problem being here but more useful to put in correct place ...hope that is ok...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@donnellysdogs @scotts6633 ....these seem to be on wrong thread...will ask @Administrator if they can move them to the correct place .....original thread in greetings and introductions started by @scotts6633 ...not a problem being here but more useful to put in correct place ...hope that is ok...

Ok with me, didn't know there another thread! Also I am known as Derailer Donnelly!! Lol:)
Hope you are ok??

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi molly56,i'm just over chelsea bridge,.........
@Clivethedrive ...that's good....will know where to come when my feet get weary and I am all flowered out...;)...can wave across the water to Battersea Park from the flower show...have you ever been to the flower show yourself...was also considering a day trip to the Hampton Court Flower Show...have been to both in the past and enjoyed them each for different reasons......looking forward to it already....:)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@donnellysdogs I'm ok....did you get my email yesterday....will catch up there....also you are very welcome to come to Chelsea with me....:):)

Yes, saw it. Will respond. Just had hectic day and mountains going on... Will catch up after another hosp appt tomorrow!! Ggggggrrrr.. I think Chelsea sounds good!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
....anyone else want to come too......:)[/QUOTE

I would love to go, when and how much. I have never been before and it would a won
Ok with me, didn't know there another thread! Also I am known as Derailer Donnelly!! Lol:)
Hope you are ok??

dd, divine derailer :) but in a nice way :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@azure ......@donnellysdogs @scotts6633 ....these seem to be on wrong thread...will ask @Administrator if they can move them to the correct place .....original thread in greetings and introductions started by @scotts6633 ...not a problem being here but more useful to put in correct place ...hope that is ok...

I've moved the posts this morning, @Molly56 :) I think people replied as I was deleting the original post in this thread last night. All relevant posts are now in:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-help-dus-the-nhs-give.88192/

elaineadams

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Should I be bothered by the fact that he has not tested bs levels for the last two days....despite still injecting his insulin and driving...am wondering what readings he will be showing the diabetic nurse on Monday or whether he will just complete his book with false readings as he has done in the past....whatever I say (or don't say) won't make a blind bit of difference so why waste my breath......

My dad had to take his monitor with him to see his nurse, and she checked the monitor as well as the readings dad recorded. He got caught out once at the beginning, so never cheated his recordings again after that. I think some of us do get a bit blase about our diabetes, sometimes it feels as if it is ruling our lives, but really we should be ruling it.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh Lord - I'm not alone in feeling like this - sorry but - I felt so lonely thinking it's just me. I hope you find inspiration soon, hugs, karen in wet manchester xx
@WythenshaweBi ...am sure we are not the only ones that feel like this...hope you too find some inspiration ....am happy to talk anytime if it helps ...hope the sun is shining for you today :)

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Molly 56, well here we are ,,,how are you doing this cold november sunday morning???
I have been reading your posts and replies from many of our friends on here, and my last posts were #27 on 2/11/15 and #30 on 2/11/15 and your reply on #30 on 3/11/15.

Molly it is now 29/11/15 and you are still stressing out on that male who is not doing anything correctly,,
it is now time to take stock of were things are at,,,,please go back and read the posts and replies,,I think you will find some repeating comments from all of us.
On page 1 of this post @ Poshtotty made a valid point in her comment, I have pointed out somethings to you.

Q1), what has happened about his driving?
a, have you informed the police and had him stopped, breath tested, eye tested?
b, has the gp shopped him to the dvla?
Q2), has he started being better behaved with regard to his bs testing and taking the medication and insulin correctly?
a, does he is stay in bed?
b, have you put him a bedroom on his own, so that you don't have to sleep next to him, and if he gets sick during the night, he can sort it out or ring 999.
Q3), Do I sound like a total ratbag?, who is hard hearted and cannot see why your get yourself into a right state, because he is pressing his self destruct buttons ?
Q4), what support do you want us to give to you? we read you posts, we reply to those posts, there are not many things left for us to do,,,, the problem lies with him in doors,,,, he is behaving extremely selfish and does not care how it affects you,,,,,,,so did you practise tough love?
Q5), has he arranged his funeral, made a will, do his sons know exactly what is going on with their father???? bet they don't know it all,,,,,,
Q6), are you going to away for crimble, and let him do his own thing?? ttfn from Karen.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello Molly 56, well here we are ,,,how are you doing this cold november sunday morning???
I have been reading your posts and replies from many of our friends on here, and my last posts were #27 on 2/11/15 and #30 on 2/11/15 and your reply on #30 on 3/11/15.

Molly it is now 29/11/15 and you are still stressing out on that male who is not doing anything correctly,,
it is now time to take stock of were things are at,,,,please go back and read the posts and replies,,I think you will find some repeating comments from all of us.
On page 1 of this post @ Poshtotty made a valid point in her comment, I have pointed out somethings to you.

Q1), what has happened about his driving?
a, have you informed the police and had him stopped, breath tested, eye tested?
b, has the gp shopped him to the dvla?
Q2), has he started being better behaved with regard to his bs testing and taking the medication and insulin correctly?
a, does he is stay in bed?
b, have you put him a bedroom on his own, so that you don't have to sleep next to him, and if he gets sick during the night, he can sort it out or ring 999.
Q3), Do I sound like a total ratbag?, who is hard hearted and cannot see why your get yourself into a right state, because he is pressing his self destruct buttons ?
Q4), what support do you want us to give to you? we read you posts, we reply to those posts, there are not many things left for us to do,,,, the problem lies with him in doors,,,, he is behaving extremely selfish and does not care how it affects you,,,,,,,so did you practise tough love?
Q5), has he arranged his funeral, made a will, do his sons know exactly what is going on with their father???? bet they don't know it all,,,,,,
Q6), are you going to away for crimble, and let him do his own thing?? ttfn from Karen.

@Scouser58 ...thank you for your message...was thinking about whether to answer your questions or not as not sure what value it would add to the situation ....but then thought it would be rude not to....so

Q1....I have spoken to the GP but got the impression that he wasn't particularly interested ...the fact that HbA1c has fallen to around 60 from a high of 90 something I get the feeling that the GP thinks things are heading in the right direction and he can't do anymore unless my partner shows willing....did mention the false bs readings and a note was made on records for diabetic nurse ...also mentioned the not testing before driving bit but felt this was dismissed as not a concern...

Q2...not exactly sure as taking a huge backward step and just leaving him to get on with it....have not ordered repeat prescription for tablets or insulin (which I used to do) as leaving that to him...have better things to do myself / not my problem if he runs out of medication...is also a danger that he could run out over Christmas period if he doesn't do any forward planning....again ...not my problem....the same if he gets sick....not my problem....hence the title of the thread...

Q3....definitely not....and I am far more relaxed and laid back about this now..

..Q4...the forum is my outlet and my means of getting things out of my head ....better that than keeping it all bottled up....better out than in as they say...if people wish to comment that is up to them...all comments and suggestions are read and considered ....then it is up to me to decide if they will work or not given the circumstances here...am sure this is true for other peoples queries and posts too...we are all different in different situations and what will work for one does not necessarily work for others...only individuals can be the judge of what will work in their circumstances....

Q5 ...no he has not .....but I have (at least the will bit / working on the finances)...am busy just sorting out my affairs and making sure that I am ok for the future whatever life throws at me here....the priority now is to concentrate on number one which is exactly what I am doing (even though that may sound totally selfish)...
...and no his children don't have a clue....is not my place to say anything to them....they are his children from a previous relationship, not mine....my priority is spending time with my kids....which leads me to Q6....am spending time over Christmas with my kids and family ....my sons will be back from University over the Christmas period and living with their dad so am planning as many days out with them as I can to catch up and spend some quality family time (looking forward to it:))..... ..have no idea what his plans are as he has not said....

Hope that puts you in the picture a bit .....things have definitely moved on from where I was ....just getting on with my life ....:)

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. Glad things have progressed for you @Molly56 .

It sounds like you finally have put the function back into disfunctional.. :cool:

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow. Glad things have progressed for you @Molly56 .

It sounds like you finally have put the function back into disfunctional.. :cool:

@Jaylee....thank you (I think).....were you suggesting by your comment that I was the disfunctional one....(or him)...:p:wacky::D...not sure if I should take that as a positive or not....:confused:....I could so easily have totally lost the plot....perhaps I have...:eek:....who knows....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
'The Mouse That Roared' ( so to speak) enjoy your life now Molly and make the things that count matter :):) Your Christmas plans sound lovely and positive x