Gluten free toast no spike

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Nosher. My fasting level for the last 2 days has been 4.6. This is lower than I usually like to be, but I felt OK and not shaky like before. I have reduced my Amitriptyline to only 5mg, may be this has had some effect.

I have yet to work out how I can affect the fasting level? Clearly it must have some relation to food consumed the previous evening and the previous day's activity, but may be you could shed some light in this for me please?

Hope you're all ok? I don't seem to get on here so much lately! Very busy with Christmas shopping, school nativity etc. All good though

Reactions: 2 people

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Nosher, I see sitagliptin is a rather expensive drug. Does prescribing it have cost implications with Nice?

BTW how do dvla treat R.H.?
atb
D.

That's ok, Kat.
Just trying to help.
If not taking meds is great, so if your happy, then I'm happy.

Yes, sitagliptin does reduce the spike and on my last OGTT, my spike was just over 8! When it has always been over twelve (ish).

Glad your fasting levels have reached normal levels, now you can keep them there!
Keep it up!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Nosher, I see sitagliptin is a rather expensive drug. Does prescribing it have cost implications with Nice?

BTW how do dvla treat R.H.?
atb
D.

Hi Derek,

I was not aware of the cost of Sitagliptin, as it was prescribed for me and I retained my free prescription charge through my GP, because I had been on the diabetic list for over fifteen years! Surely a blood glucose disorder should be considered in the same group as diabetics?

As I don't drive, I don't know how the dvla would consider RH. As long as you are in control, I would have thought it would be ok. But I have been asked before I got diagnosed by my consultant, and my GP because of the constant hypos.
An interesting question though!
I do believe that when I was in hypo hell, I wouldn't have attempted to drive, but I did push a mower around!

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Nosher it just shows how essential carb reduction is so none of us ride the blood glucose 'roller coaster'.
Falling into the mower is not to be encouraged.

I remember having this funny sensation years ago when I was removing a thick ' crust' from my septic tank, I kept having to stop because I thought I might pass out. It wouldn't have done me any good falling into the deep septic tank. I didn't know what was causing it then but now I do!
My hypos were all activity driven and I never had them when I wasn't doing exercise.

Cutting carbs has completely eradicated them.
I can exercise after eating up to five hours and my BG is fine now and in the mid 5's
thanks for the help
atb
Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As you say, your trigger is carbs and exercise, probably not eating often enough as well,
There's a great saying,
Always in the s...t!
Only the depth varies!
Bet you the tank was pleased that you didn't topple in!

I think it was Linagirl that stated that bending over gave her Lightheadedness. Of which I get the same! I go dizzy and go out of breath. It doesn't help when you have to continuously do that! But the symptoms have eased because of low carb!

I have no trouble doing my work and I look at my colleagues who huff and puff just doing simple light things, where I don't!
But I struggle because of age, when it's really heavy lifting!
I leave that to the young uns!

Reactions: 4 people