Your thoughts on the future of the forum

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A few changes have occurred recently (a few new sub-forums) and we've replaced the user group (newbie, veteran, etc) with the type of diabetes (this was done so people can see who is commenting).

Updates

A forum update is planned for January next year, tackling:
  • Better experience for mobile/tablet users (2 out of 3 visitors uses a mobile/tablet)
  • More than just a like - ability to dislike, agree, disagree through buttons
  • Integration of diabetes type / user group together - so you can see who's posting (in terms of type) and their reputation/experience amongst the forum (currently, you can only see TYPE of diabetes now - you can still see Newbie/Veteran/Champion etc on a user's profile)
Sub-forums

Also, which other sub-forums would people like to see. Discussions have included mention of:
  • MODY
  • Ladies Problems
  • Young People/Adults with T1 (some people don't fit into the Children & Teens section as they are in the 20's)
Any others?

Rule change?

The forum rules currently state: ...members shouldn't give medication advice to people with a different type of diabetes from them. If any posts concern you, then please do report them

This was mainly to save new members being given information from someone who didn't have their diabetes type which didn't suit them; rather than actually preventing a person from joining in.

Could we collect some thoughts on what people think, what people would like, and how the forum rules should evolve to cater for a growing, diverse community? :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I love the idea about showing what type of diabetes we have keep up the good work

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Administrator - When you say;

"....we've replaced the user group (newbie, veteran, etc) with the type of diabetes (this was done so people can see who is commenting)....."

Do you mean this is coming, or that is has occurred already? If so, where would I see that, as I still seem to be seeing the same as before. For example, looking at this thread, both @ally1 and @brett remain "Legends".

Of course, they'll always be legends in my eyes anyway. ;) :)

Of course, maybe I need to log out and back in again to see any new changes.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope, no change after logging out and back in again.

Thanks for asking for our input. It feels good to feel you want users feedback. It hasn't always felt that way.

Reactions: 5 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah, no, the user group is still there @AndBreathe (on the profile). The Type is under your username (so people can see who is talking to them). So like this:

f706d7d7c0.png

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nope, no change after logging out and back in again.

Thanks for asking for our input. It feels good to feel you want users feedback. It hasn't always felt that way.

It's taken a while to become this actively involved but there can only be positivity from it! With Giv being away it's thrown the rest of us in at the deep end. With everything going on, feedback is crucial. Very much enjoying the experience - there's so much to learn!

Reactions: 2 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm pleased there may possibly be some change in the air. Good idea to see instantly near avatar what type of diabetes the poster has who may be offering advice. To be honest, a T2 insulin user on basal/bolus is just as well qualified to give insulin advice as a T1 basal/bolus ? Similarly those on metformin, statins etc, I can't see how type matters too much. The main thing would be the experience and knowledge of the individual rather than type.

Reactions: 3 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hate the idea of dislike and disagree button. I would also prefer a thank you to a like button.

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, but I see no type under my name or anyone else's name. I still see Legend, Champion etc.

I have logged out and back again, and cleared cache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I dislike the buttons .. it causes splits , social dysfunction ..I don't like it ...

I don't like and neither do I give my permission to display my type details ..

It's like giving my medical notes out to the world ..
There was a choice when I joined ..
There's more to .. But later now ..

Feeling labelled .. Thought we were empowered individuals , hate labels .. A sticker on my cats forehead ..

K

Kat100

@Administrator

Hello happy Christmas .. I see you have family under your name ..that's nice

I have a type under my name .. I have not given permission for this exposure ..I don't agree with it ..
There was always a choice .. To put these details on show or choose not to .. I hate the word type .. Really dislike it ..

Just expressing my views ..

Send us a Christmas song now .. To cheer me up .. Kat
I

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried logging out, then back in.
Still not getting the Type 2 under the name.

K

Kat100

Thought ..

How do you measure a persons experience , and or reputation ?
That does not sound very nice .. People are valuable I refer to members on this site .

How on earth do you measure experience and reputation .. and does this apply to all .. I like working in partnership .. With equality for all ..

Pressing dislike button .. @Administrator

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok .. So before I signed in I could see the T2..T1 lable now I have signed in..it's back to champions, regular ... I don't like the T2 labels as the other day my heart nurse said I was not diabetic anymore ... So I guess I need a hasbeen label ... ;)

Reactions: 7 people