Type 2 Life

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 this morning going to church its the Sunday School nativity, then carols by Candlelight this evening

Reactions: 7 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning going to church its the Sunday School nativity, then carols by Candlelight this evening
Hadvour carols by candlelight on Friday - followed by glass of sherry and mince pie. I could not believe how sweet the mince pie tasted - I used to like them but they are far too sweet for me now!

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hadvour carols by candlelight on Friday - followed by glass of sherry and mince pie. I could not believe how sweet the mince pie tasted - I used to like them but they are far too sweet for me now!
Yep I know the felling. Only eat home made ones now.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 am,
spent the morning making chocolates for christmas... trying a new flavour, nutmeg to go alongside.. coffee, mint, passion fruit, lime and ginger... coat them in the afternoon...
Getting Tree up this afternoon....
Good Sunday chums.

Reactions: 5 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 5.7

Mmmm they sound delicious hj. Ive just dug out my xmas choccy moulds as well. I will make the kids some this week and make myself some sf choc to ones to munch on.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 5.7

Mmmm they sound delicious hj. Ive just dug out my xmas choccy moulds as well. I will make the kids some this week and make myself some sf choc to ones to munch on.
50:50 with double cream reduces carbs and makes the choc go further.... no tried moulding yet... really should though....

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tip. I keep the plastic inserts from the kids old choc advent calendars and I use them to make mini xmas chocs

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 am
4 day week then christmas day.... have to say I'm looking forward to next week... when I am on holiday.
Hoping all is good with you here.

Reactions: 5 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
Today I learnt a new word, Diabese, which apparently means diabetic and overweight. Which I am no longer. For the first time in my life, a member of the medical profession has told me to stop losing weight. and to eat enough to maintain my weight which is 79.8 kg or 12.5 stone in old money, giving a BMI of 20.3.
Now comes the fun bit, working out how much extra to eat to stop losing a pound a week.
They did give me an estimate of 1796 calories a day which should maintain my weight with my current lifestyle.
Which is about 96 calories a day extra. which works out as a single digestive biscuit and a cup of tea.
I can't believe so little would lose so much weight!

There are apparently new guidelines for health professionals dealing with overweight people. They must not be judgmental and must give encouragement to people to eat to their lifestyle but in a healthy manner. Diet is now a naughty word as it can cause stress. It means you can eat what you like but only in quantities to enable weight loss. or to maintain a healthy weight.
This is from a student nurse so will probably take 5 or 6 years to filter up the general medical profession.
So I am now ex BJ.:D

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw the doctor this morning have been given a soft collar for my neck and told to take it easy and go back next week. He has also given me some antibiotics because of my immune deficiency and having had glass in my mouth. The steroid's have also been increased

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Not the best lead up to Christmas @loulou99782 . Take care :) I know how much of that you pay to others and you deserve the best and a good break. Mike :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That's good @loulou99782 my gp practice is same 2 good ones 2 a bit naf dsn also naf - that's a useful word that :) naf Have a lovely day x

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 am,
no walk last night, too many small jobs to get done...
Hopefully there will be less of those tonight and some mild (dry) weather.
Hj