13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
You think that's bad @hankjam my fbg was 8.8 this morning! Can't understand it my reading last night at 10pm after all the festive food was only 5.5 - oh wait a minute, that was before the packet of Cadburys snow bites

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 7.0 :confused: I think it was the snack of leftover chicken and lamb before bed that did it :)

Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hellooo everyone, apologies for my absence but my geriatric laptop decided to go on strike. I now have a shiny new tablet so I'm back online yay! I had a very merry Christmas, I got my HbA1C results on Wednesday and I've gone down from 53 to 49 :) I've also lost nearly half a stone and my cholesterol is normal. Here's my breakdown:

Total cholesterol 5.1
HDL cholesterol 1.3
Triglycerides 1.0
Cholesterol/HDL ratio 3.9
Calculated LDL cholesterol 3.4

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hellooo everyone, apologies for my absence but my geriatric laptop decided to go on strike. I now have a shiny new tablet so I'm back online yay! I had a very merry Christmas, I got my HbA1C results on Wednesday and I've gone down from 53 to 49 :) I've also lost nearly half a stone and my cholesterol is normal. Here's my breakdown:

Total cholesterol 5.1
HDL cholesterol 1.3
Triglycerides 1.0
Well done

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats great news Diamum5972. Its a slow process sometimes but its well worth the wait when you get the results.

Reactions: 5 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Total cholesterol 5.1
HDL cholesterol 1.3
Triglycerides 1.0

Good steady work, that's the way to do it.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 am
third day on the trot..... not too sure why, feeds have not changed.... morning exercises have been missed... but they are post testing!
HoHum

Reactions: 6 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 this morning. Was a massive 12.4 last night after been naughty and having a piece of Christmas cake while visiting family. What the flip my step mother had put in it I don't know, it was really nice

Reactions: 10 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
@loulou99782 must be something in the London air! :) I had a 12.6 when I tested before my evening meal, But I had had nothing but a cup of tea and a salmon and cream cheese roll since breakfast.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well I'm getting back on the right track, after a minor blip on Christmas Day I woke up to 8.0 on Boxing Day. Yesterday's reading was 7.7 and this morning I was back to 7.6. My average morning reading is 7.2 so I'm nearly there

Last edited by a moderator:

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friends!!!! Sorry I've not been around so much recently, health issues aside I also suffered the demise of my laptop and have been making do with a very old one which wasn't very user-friendly. We braved the sales yesterday and I have a new Lenovo Yoga 500 :D

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas, and that BGs have been sensible for the most part. I'm off for blood test this morning to check HbA1c after stopping the metformin in October, I'm expecting a good result based on my FBG being steady around 4.8 of late ;)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Friends!!!! Sorry I've not been around so much recently, health issues aside I also suffered the demise of my laptop and have been making do with a very old one which wasn't very user-friendly. We braved the sales yesterday and I have a new Lenovo Yoga 500 :D

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas, and that BGs have been sensible for the most part. I'm off for blood test this morning to check HbA1c after stopping the metformin in October, I'm expecting a good result based on my FBG being steady around 4.8 of late ;)
Wow hope you like the new laptop

Reactions: 3 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Welcome back, I had the same problem but got a kindle fire instead :) Good luck for your blood test tomorrow, I got my results the day before Christmas Eve and it was good news - went down from 53 to 49 yay!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
'nother 5.8 this morning... been a real step up... not too sure if it is coz I'm getting up 3 hours later...
Bloods tomorrow for a 3 monthly check.... not too sure what I am hoping for... won't know till after New year... so will forget about it till then.
@Alzebra Good to see you back in these parts.
Cheers all

Reactions: 8 people