How much weight have YOU lost?

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Lost a stone and a half in 7 weeks on a LCHF I currently have a major hormone problem, seeing an endocrinologist tomorrow hopefully i can start a replacement therapy, which will help with further weight loss.

Reactions: 12 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:
Down from 89lg to 85kg very pleased

Reactions: 12 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I had my first visit with the Endocrinologist, they were happy with my 8kg loss and that I have ditched my Diabetes medication for a low carb diet as my BG levels are falling with the normal range.
Also i was put straight on to replacement testosterone, so in the next week or so, I should hopefully see an increase in energy levels, leading to further weight loss. 95kg down to just under 87kg so far, and gained 2 notches back on my belt.

Reactions: 10 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But surely would that not put weight on? a no bread cakes or biscuits that means yes no milk. If that's no counting that would be really great!.
not sure anyone ever replied to you but if they did sorry...
No... eating low carb should not make you put weight on.. check out the results in the Low Carb forum and you can see how much success people are having. It works for lots of us so give it a try what do you have to loose (apart from the pounds of course). I find it relatively easy just eating meat and green veg or salads. Check out the modified Atkins diet plan that Viv supplied here
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/vivs-modified-atkins-diet.18803/
and see how you go..
Good luck
Mark

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Put 2lbs on over Christmas
I expected to put on at least a couple of pounds over the Christmas season, but have just stayed at the same weight (10st 5lbs) for the last couple of weeks. Before that I was losing 1-1.5lbs a week.
I will get back to trying to lose more weight after New Year. My New Year's aim is to get down to 9st and reduce my HbAic to below 42 by my 12 month test at end of August.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sean01

Diagnosed 5th October 2015. Weight loss so far: 70lbs. (Type 2, metformin.) Diet - if it isn't on the list don't eat it - not even a little taste. three more stone to go - from here on in I will be using exercise as well. Expect to hit target weight by March. (15 stone) Motivation: 2 daughters - I need to see them grow up -I mean literally 'see' them. Walking them down the aisle with my own two legs, unaided, - that too. That would be a goal to aim for. After that, each day will be a bonus.

Reactions: 11 people

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Put more on than I want to own up to over Christmas. Lost 4lbs this week. New start! Weight loss for 2015 was just under 2 stones, I would like to lose at least 4 stones this year.

Reactions: 13 people

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Put 2lbs on over Christmas
I put on 2 lbs over Christmas as well - I blame the sherry trifle and extra nuts -but at least my BS levels were good!!
So I started the new year at 13 stone exactly and have already lost the 2 lbs and so my goal is 4 lbs a month from now on. That way I should be at my target weight by next Christmas!!
Here's hoping:)

Reactions: 7 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I had my first visit with the Endocrinologist, they were happy with my 8kg loss and that I have ditched my Diabetes medication for a low carb diet as my BG levels are falling with the normal range.
Also i was put straight on to replacement testosterone, so in the next week or so, I should hopefully see an increase in energy levels, leading to further weight loss. 95kg down to just under 87kg so far, and gained 2 notches back on my belt.

Lost another 3kg now down to 84kg and have another notch back on my belt, also BMI has crept in under the 25 mark which health providers seem to prefer,

Reactions: 8 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
Keep it going your're doing great

Reactions: 2 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
S

Sean01

Put more on than I want to own up to over Christmas. Lost 4lbs this week. New start! Weight loss for 2015 was just under 2 stones, I would like to lose at least 4 stones this year.
Go for it. Stick to the plan, walk/exercise/ clear your head and do this for yourself

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered a nutribullet today so I can add in more green veg, and mix Low carb soups and smoothies.

I've got a nutribulet and it's been great - though does take some time getting used to!! Spinach is a 'milder' option than kale to start with and avocado lower in sugar than banana. Don't be discouraged if you make something you don't like!!!! it happened when I put watercress and red onion and stock together to make a liquid before heating it as a soup - thought it might save time... oh dear -it was absolutely 'revolting'.... then I once used blueberries and some natural yogurt -and it curdled with the acidity and came out like 'sludge'...the only other tip is to stir in some milled flax seeds after you've blended everything as someone's reported that nutribullet drink break the fibre down so well that it loses its dietry impact!!
My favourite is spinach, celery, avocado, half an apple, small amount of root ginger and I use water or sometimes unsweeted almond milk.

Hope that's useful and perhaps others could share their favourite NB recipes...... Tx

Reactions: 4 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I've got a nutribulet and it's been great - though does take some time getting used to!! Spinach is a 'milder' option than kale to start with and avocado lower in sugar than banana. Don't be discouraged if you make something you don't like!!!! it happened when I put watercress and red onion and stock together to make a liquid before heating it as a soup - thought it might save time... oh dear -it was absolutely 'revolting'.... then I once used blueberries and some natural yogurt -and it curdled with the acidity and came out like 'sludge'...the only other tip is to stir in some milled flax seeds after you've blended everything as someone's reported that nutribullet drink break the fibre down so well that it loses its dietry impact!!
My favourite is spinach, celery, avocado, half an apple, small amount of root ginger and I use water or sometimes unsweeted almond milk.

Hope that's useful and perhaps others could share their favourite NB recipes...... Tx
Thanks Tirianne,

I just had a spinach and kale smoothie with a few raspberries and blueberries, a couple of Brazil nuts, butter, double cream, cinnamon and turmeric topped with watter. It turned out OK.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I have went from 105kg to 87kg, took me 3 years but worth every kilo lost. :)

Reactions: 8 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's fantastic congrats