insight infusion sets

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im experiencing massive problems with flex cannulas. Literally every single has a occlusion. I dont think I can use them at all. I contacted my nurse and she ordered teflon ones for me. Does anyone have any experience of using them? Are they any better from flex cannulas?
I really liked steel ones and would continue using them if I had a choice :(

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Are you sure it's the cannula and no the pump being a complete and utter pain? There have been numerous posts here there and everywhere about the same problem.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
CarbsRok said:
Are you sure it's the cannula and no the pump being a complete and utter pain? There have been numerous posts here there and everywhere about the same problem.
It started when I switched to flex cannulas few days ago so not sure. Ive just found spare steel cannula in my bag so will see. It will be my fourth infusion set today!

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
So far I haven't but I am still on the first box of them, hope you get it sorted out asap

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My levels are back to normal after few hours on a steel cannula, so I'm sure the problem was caused by flex. I'm not sure why it goes so terribly wrong for me. Maybe its a faulty batch? I'm sure people use them without so many problems. In total I used 7 flex cannulas and six of them caused occlusions:confused:

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bit confused ewelina - you mention Flex then say you moved to teflon, the Flex ones are teflon.

I use the Insight Flex ones and do not have any issues, but was using the Combo version previously and all was fine with those too.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
My levels are back to normal after few hours on a steel cannula, so I'm sure the problem was caused by flex. I'm not sure why it goes so terribly wrong for me. Maybe its a faulty batch? I'm sure people use them without so many problems. In total I used 7 flex cannulas and six of them caused occlusions:confused:
wow thats it alot of occlusions, I would contact Roche and tell them what has been happening

faulty batch or not it could have been real serious

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bit confused ewelina - you mention Flex then say you moved to teflon, the Flex ones are teflon.

I use the Insight Flex ones and do not have any issues, but was using the Combo version previously and all was fine with those too.
Teflon cannulas are called tenderlink. Flex is made of some sort of elastic plastic (sorry don't know what exactly it is).
I'm not on tenderlink yet, waiting for delivery. I was wondering if they are any better than flex. If not I don't think I can use this pump any more:(

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Iam sure they are both teflon just the tenderlinks go in at an angle and are put in manually

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So flex and tenderlink are both made of teflon and basically the same?:grumpy: I'm loosing my hope now...
I do want my steel cannulas back:arghh:

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
the steel ones are called Rapids, think they were withdrawn after the needles broke off and were left insterted in people. There was a thread on here about it :(

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the steel ones are called Rapids, think they were withdrawn after the needles broke off and were left insterted in people. There was a thread on here about it :(
Yes, unfortunately they have been withdrawn. I would take a risk and continue using them if I could. They don't bend which is great

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Hopefully they will be available again soon, I never got to try them so just been Flex

iHs

@ewèlina

I can see your face when you get the Tenderlink. ....you will want the frozen peas :eek::p

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Yes, unfortunately they have been withdrawn. I would take a risk and continue using them if I could. They don't bend which is great
What do you mean they bend?(The ones you have been using)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What do you mean they bend?(The ones you have been using)
Flexi can kink a bit and I assume it causes occlusions. I can see they are bent a bit when I remove them. Ive never had that problem with steel cannulas