Regular moderate exercise log

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all... 4 sets of stairs first thing. Will try to do 4 minimum at lunchtime.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
45 mins yoga/strength/resistance & some preventive rotator cuff work

Reactions: 2 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just 30min walking yesterday and squats/press ups. Had a massage instead of the gym.

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally got the go ahead to go back to the gym so I did 30 minutes with a personal trainer this morning. She really didn't mess around! We are focusing on my core and reducing fat around my middle. It showed me how much time I faff around so I've booked her for 12 sessions to get my new regime up and going. I did 5 minutes on the rowing machine too but need to do more cardio. I'm off out walking now. It's a lovely day here so I'm going to Hardcastle Crags for a couple of hours.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I finally got the go ahead to go back to the gym so I did 30 minutes with a personal trainer this morning. She really didn't mess around! We are focusing on my core and reducing fat around my middle. It showed me how much time I faff around so I've booked her for 12 sessions to get my new regime up and going. I did 5 minutes on the rowing machine too but need to do more cardio. I'm off out walking now. It's a lovely day here so I'm going to Hardcastle Crags for a couple of hours.
Nice to see you back.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been busy, ill, then busy again (thanks for the message, Diakat). I'm fitting in some walking again now, but not much else. Some days of 8,000 steps or so. But mostly between 3,000 and 6,000. Must step it up. As I said in my first post, this is typical of me. I get started, then let it slide. Must keep the slide short!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
At least you have started again...
Just been swimming.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been busy, ill, then busy again (thanks for the message, Diakat). I'm fitting in some walking again now, but not much else. Some days of 8,000 steps or so. But mostly between 3,000 and 6,000. Must step it up. As I said in my first post, this is typical of me. I get started, then let it slide. Must keep the slide short!

Really good to see you back. Take it slowly. I have found this thread really helpful to post each day and is keeping me going so thank you for starting it. I am amazed that I have kept going so far this winter and will continue to try. I'm fortunate that I haven't been ill yet since diagnosis so hope you are really better.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10 miles in total today. Mostly a gentle walk with husband along the Thames tow path. Plenty of people out walking today.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice long bike ride & kayak - high tides so had to skip the beach walk.

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
10 miles in total today. Mostly a gentle walk with husband along the Thames tow path. Plenty of people out walking today.
10 miles of slow walk in cold weather [at 15deg ?] is great you are doing a favour to your body.

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
ok folks, I did not accomplish much for the week; was flown to Honolulu at very short notice, work there was really hectic. But weather was great, got away from cold for this week at least; but it was raining especially when I had the time to walk a little bit. So couldnt help much. I have a fitness goal that is nearing, but seems I may not make it. First fitness goal of the year is elusive now. Got home last night; and this morning I wanted to do 5k; but body is feeling very lazy. So, did 30min of slow walking and 20 min of body weight exercises; but in the open grounds, able to get some sunshine+vit D. See below, how my tally for the week looking.

Jan23.png

So in summary, I walked this morning only for the week, about 30min, around 2miles, besides 20 min resistance workouts - too low. Not sure how I will do next week.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I moved 2 weeks ago and today was the first day I explored a walk on my new doorstep. Came back 500 steps short of the day's target but now I know this path I can adjust and make it bit longer for future Sunday afternoon walks.

Reactions: 6 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
45min yoga/strength/resistance. Day off so had the time for a kayak but not the weather :bigtears:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Only stairs for me today (20 flights) stress at work so everything else out the window today.