What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All.

6.2 at 9.15am

Reactions: 11 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey - ideally what would be a number that suggests a dawn phenomenon? I say this because before bed it was 6 so it had risen overnighy, maybe not drastically but still..

Reactions: 3 people

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Meoman, the itching is indeed infuriating and exhausting; I spend many a night lying in a hot bath to gain some relief. In common with many diabetics I've had fungal infections from time to time but that wouldn't seem to account for the head to toe itching (sometimes even my teeth itch!)

I've found Eurax (crotamiton) lotion helpful, so you might want to give it a try until you see your doc.
It's supposed to 4.5- 5 on waking. My db nurse says that below 7 is ok. I find the only problem with that is after having breakfast it's going to go even higher and take longer to get back to normal. I don't like mine being above 6.

Reactions: 7 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aah ok good to know ive looked inyo how to reduce it but is it just a thing that happens. Have only bren on low carb for 2months now

Reactions: 7 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG is tricky. My last few Hb tests have been in the 30' s but my FBG is still up and down.

Reactions: 6 people

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Aah ok good to know ive looked inyo how to reduce it but is it just a thing that happens. Have only bren on low carb for 2months now
I've been in this state for about 5 months and managed to get my HBA1C back below 48 in three months. The only thing I can't get right, and believe me I've tried all sorts, is my morning blood sugar levels. Low carb diet and exercise keeps it down but I've got below 5 once.

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: 10 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
10.8 this morning...had cheese and some pickled onions for supper then went to bed and watched some tv ...felt kinda iffy at 10.30pm so got up and did sugar levels which had dropped so had to eat .... am wondering whether to stop the insulin at the eve meal or not maybe carry on and see if happens again grrr

Reactions: 4 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
10.8 this morning...had cheese and some pickled onions for supper then went to bed and watched some tv ...felt kinda iffy at 10.30pm so got up and did sugar levels which had dropped so had to eat .... am wondering whether to stop the insulin at the eve meal or not maybe carry on and see if happens again grrr

Morning PatsyB, Are you type 2, with insulin? I'd be interested to know.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, 6.8 this morning I'm coming down with a cold too been up most of the night coughing and aching. Had a flu injection Tuesday perhaps this is a side effect?

Reactions: 6 people