C sections....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are doing really well thank you! Can't imagine him not being here now! How are you and Lucas? xxx
Awr that's so lovely to hear glad your both doing well , love his name btw very cute !
I'm doing good , Lucas is doing amazing well he literally is my world :dummy: His nearly 10 months now growing quickly
xxx

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
My first was induction ending in emergency cs. My next 2 have been vbacs which started naturally and i delivered without instruments. The last one was mr 8lb 10 1 / 2 on gas and air and my pump delivered into me in a normal delivery room. I have a friend with type 1 and both hers were inductions ending in normal vaginal delivery.

You do have to accept that one of the downsides of diabetes is you will have more medicalised births. However women without diabetes end up with cs and inductions too. The one advantage is most of the time you will getmore support and attention for having type 1. It can be pretty scary being left in labourwhich has beenthe experience of a number of my non diabetic friends and was mine to a certain extent in the last birth.

Do what you can to prepare yourself mentally and accept all outcomes as it will help how you feel and your recovery.

mrsguiseley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for this post ohitsnicola - it's been really reassuring to read so many positive comments. I'm currently 34+1 and my first born was an emergency c section due to my placenta rupturing at 34+4....you can imagine how twitchy I am at the moment! I am intending on trying for a vbac....assuming this one stays where she needs to until 38 weeks of course!! xx

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I have done the worst thing possible whilst pregnant and that's to watch 4 episodes back to back of one born every minute and now I'm even more scared haha! But I'm sure we will be fine! Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have done the worst thing possible whilst pregnant and that's to watch 4 episodes back to back of one born every minute and now I'm even more scared haha! But I'm sure we will be fine! Xxx

I was obsessed with that when I was pregnant : D I liked to pretend it was educational : D

D

Deleted member 83869

I was obsessed with that when I was pregnant : D I liked to pretend it was educational : D
Haha some of it made me excited and then other bits I was like omg like when the baby kept going back inside haha! Xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a planned c section, i was fairly relaxed trough out the whole thing to be fair. They would have let me go natural up until my planned date but wouldn't let me go any further. I would have loved a natural birth, but it wasn't meant to be, my beautiful boy was delivered by c section at 38 weeks weighing 11lb 1oz!!! glad he hung on for the scheduled date!

In all seriousness, the hospital and diabetes center kept a very close eye on my, I had terrible dawn phenomena, sugars would go from 6 to 16 at 6am! And a planned c section was the best option, try not to freak yourself out about it, both you and your medical team will want baby out safely for u both, so what will be will be! Good luck x x x

D

Deleted member 83869

I had a planned c section, i was fairly relaxed trough out the whole thing to be fair. They would have let me go natural up until my planned date but wouldn't let me go any further. I would have loved a natural birth, but it wasn't meant to be, my beautiful boy was delivered by c section at 38 weeks weighing 11lb 1oz!!! glad he hung on for the scheduled date!

In all seriousness, the hospital and diabetes center kept a very close eye on my, I had terrible dawn phenomena, sugars would go from 6 to 16 at 6am! And a planned c section was the best option, try not to freak yourself out about it, both you and your medical team will want baby out safely for u both, so what will be will be! Good luck x x x
I'm starting to feel slightly better about it it's just I'm worried of say like the epidural not working and feeling it all I know that's rare but still possible!

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In my case they check I thoroughly. They used an ice cube with me to check my feeling, if they weren't satisfied they would have done it again. They leave it a little while to make sure it has worked! That hit was the bout bit that wasn't pleasant, getting the epidural in, to be honest but the discomfort didn't last long. We live in a small community and I was more concerned that the anesthetist was my friend's dad who had a full view of my **** while he put the epidural in!

When I get pregnant again (hopefully) I would have another planned c section again if it came to it, if I didn't go naturally first X X

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Nicola, women have been having babies since time began and we hope to have a healthy pregnancy and a safe and healthy birth. If intervention is needed, it will be given, so relax and look after yourself, both physically and mentally too. Honestly Nicola ,worrying about things that might not even happen is not good, why not take up knitting, craft work or sewing, it can be very therapeutic and you could make something for the baby or yourself, take good care x

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola, women have been having babies since time began and we hope to have a healthy pregnancy and a safe and healthy birth. If intervention is needed, it will be given, so relax and look after yourself, both physically and mentally too. Honestly Nicola ,worrying about things that might not even happen is not good, why not take up knitting, craft work or sewing, it can be very therapeutic and you could make something for the baby or yourself, take good care x
Yes that is very true I know thank you! It's just in my nature to worry so much sigh! I do want to start to do something....just don't know what! Xx

Vick22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people, liars, bad time keeping and mushrooms
I had a section 6 days ago, only got home last night. I knew I'd be having a section around 37 weeks but at 36+4 I was admitted immediately after my antenatal appointment. Baby was on the bigger side and my fluid had tripled over 2weeks.
I was admitted on a semi emergency/elective section with a plan of fitting me in asap for the section.

I was on the ward for around 36 hours waiting to find out when my section would likely be when my waters broke at 5.30am and I was bumped up the queue and into theatre and had my beautiful little Erin at 9.16am.

I had been petrified at the thought of a section but my team was excellent and made me feel so relaxed. I never felt the pain (I had a spinal block) and so far my wound is healing nicely with not as much discomfort or pain as I expected.

My baby had to go to nicu for two days with low blood sugar. Like another lady said that was definitely the hardest part! But once she was with me again it made everything worth it.

If you're like me and a stress head nothing will really calm you down and I had all the anxieties ohitsnichola has, but honestly when the time comes and if a section is needed all those bad thoughts with go from your mind and all you'll be thinking of is meeting your baby for the first time. And that is worth everything you're going through. I never imagined I could love something as much as I love her

Reactions: 4 people

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not sure if it is an option for you to speak to an anaesthetist about what happens during a c-section in advance? My clinic arranged an anaesthetist discussion as standard for diabetic mothers and I found it helpful to be prepared. It might give you the opportunity to talk about what worries you and hopefully have your mind put to rest a bit. I remember talking about c-sections during the antenatal class I did, too - the big take-away from it was that there would probably be quite a lot of people in the room but that was completely normal.