Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning after getting up twice in the night and being naughty. Ate a frangipani!!!! And drank little diet lemonade, numbers always seem lower when I have snack in the night. Confused. Flu worse today. Have good health today to everyone

Reactions: 18 people

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yay! I was a bit afraid to test my blood glucose this morning. In December I ate a food that spiked my BG to am unacceptable level (somewhere above 7.8 - twice, so it wasn't a fluke, even though based on the carb content it should not have been an issue). Yesterday I ate the same quantity and it barely budged. (The highest it went was 5.7)

So, trying to snatch defeat from the arms of victory, I decided to try a small piece of bread (the first I've had since diagnosis in October). It was small enough that it was below the carb limit I can usually tolerate (but at the upper end). The highest my BG went (at 2 hours) was 6.5. It was too late to stay up for a third test so I was afraid that I might see the remnants in this morning's reading.

I'm hoping yesterday is an indication of progress against insulin resistance. I'm down a little over 39 lbs since October - 20% of my body weight. In addition some of the things I've read about the cycle of insulin resistance and insufficiency suggest that it may be possible to make permanent improvements by low carb or intermittent fasting that might allow for increasing the carbs (to a low, but much less restricted level) once the cycles are broken. Who know - but even if it was a fluke, I'll take it for the day!

Reactions: 16 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 this morning after getting up twice in the night and being naughty. Ate a frangipani!!!! And drank little diet lemonade, numbers always seem lower when I have snack in the night. Confused. Flu worse today. Have good health today to everyone
They do say feed a cold/ flu. Hope you soon feel better soon Maureen

Reactions: 7 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 9.3 at 0645 today. Nothing I ate yesterday should have given this figure, so I'm hoping it is due to my ongoing cold and will come down.

Reactions: 13 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Ive just got up for the second time and bs has gone up to 7.5 after being 7.1 in the early hours. I thought it would be lower. :( Still I shouldn't complain.

Reactions: 16 people