Finally...

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I rang my surgery for this years HbA1c (not seeing nurse for a few weeks so not got all blood results) but my HbA1c came back at 33 mmol/mol again this year and all other tests normal . The doctor wrote on my notes that I'm in remission; finally! I am pretty amazed as I haven't exercised much in the last 6 months and definitely not held back on my diet as some of you will recognise when I talk about liquorice.

So good luck to you all for similar success

Reactions: 18 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good results, mate, well done!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Haven't found low carb liquorice yet except chewing the natural liquorice sticks. Always have liked doing that.
$_35.JPG

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebrating, I hope?

Well done. I know you worked d*mn hard to achieve it. :D

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news @Andrew Colvin well done, from reading about your first 3 months that was hard work but obviously has paid off. Keep up the good work.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's an excellent result...and from what I've read of your posts...very well deserved :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Haven't found low carb liquorice yet except chewing the natural liquorice sticks. Always have liked doing that.
$_35.JPG
Hi Andrew Colvin, Gosh the picture of the liquorice sticks brings back memories for me. I am 64 and I am going back to when I was at school, I used to buy these on the way to school nearly every day, think I got addicted to them.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Andrew, that is brilliant. :)

As for liquorice, I used to prefer the long skipping ropes, and the Allsorts cylindrical ones with white insides. Happy days.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done !!
I am not a sweet tooth but I loved the very hard black licorice sticks but I dread to think how many carbs would be in one of those :(
CAROL