Forum meet up in March

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Next month's meet up will be on 12th March due to work commitments etc, keep an eye in the Forum for official post etc :)

Reactions: 4 people

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh... good job I hadn't already booked a room for the night on the 19th :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a tad disappointed..I know March is complicated by Easter but I think keeping the date as the last Saturday of the month is a good idea.
Planned for the 19th which had been adjusted for Easter. Sorry just a moan

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
All valid points, just really difficult finding a date to suit everybody. I know Ewelina puts a lot of effort into organising these meets, so please try and keep negativity to a minimum people.
Keep an eye on the main forum for official postings

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

You might want to double check that date. It's when the Talking About Diabetes sessions are taking place - not sure how many will make it.http://diabetestimes.co.uk/event/talking-about-diabetes/#sthash.77GaPNjh.dpbs

I think there are around 200 people going...

I have never been to one of these events before so will be going to this one as someone who is a forum member will be speaking about living with diabetes and should be good to find out a bit more about xDrip and NightScout

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Is it definitely the 12th now or is it still likely to change?
As far as I know it is definatly the 12th, best to check with @ewelina though as she organises the meet ups. I am sure the official post will be up soon

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
In fact the official post is up now

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
It is on the type 1 forum stickies section

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am a tad disappointed..I know March is complicated by Easter but I think keeping the date as the last Saturday of the month is a good idea.
Planned for the 19th which had been adjusted for Easter. Sorry just a moan
Im really sorry you cant make it this time Mike. I apologise as it was said 19th at the start. I think I learnt my lesson as an organiser now (still new to the role! ) and do not post anything before its confirmed

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All valid points, just really difficult finding a date to suit everybody. I know Ewelina puts a lot of effort into organising these meets, so please try and keep negativity to a minimum people.
Keep an eye on the main forum for official postings
Thanks Brian I wish it was possible to see everyone each time. Perhaps we do need more meet ups!
Sorry gor hijacking the thread @tim2000s

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Guys, been thinking about one of the discussions going on relating to the NDA and the lack of access to peer support.

I think we should make a coordinated effort to get offline T1Ds to meet others.

My suggestion is that we arrange a forum meet up at the end of March and we create flyers that each of us takes to our D clinics in London and asks the DSNs and staff to provide to T1s that attend the clinic, both long term and newly diagnosed.

It's a way to take action in the community and shouldn't be too far away from what we normally do.

Anyone agree with this idea/approach?

I am unfortunately unable to get to Ewelina's meetings as i am out of London, but i am sometimes in London Hospitals, not just for diabetes, as i imagine a number of Type ones are. In addition to your ideas above, had you thought of casual meet ups with anyone who happens to have appointments in the same hospital, on the same day ? This may only work for people who have set aside the day or who are retired/not in work, but it has worked for me.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. I have been a Forum member for some time and I was wondering whether I just turn up or do I need to register?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
HI. I have been a Forum member for some time and I was wondering whether I just turn up or do I need to register?
You are more than welcome, no need to register, just turn up on the day. Be great to see you there, nice friendly bunch of people and you would be made welcome

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Please see the stickies at the top of the type 1 forum for details of the meet up