Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Late posting today. 7.2 this morning but had some good news. Was exspecting the worst as I've hardly been out and not exercised past 3 months. My cholesterol and hbc1a results came back today. My cholesterol and hbc1a is exactly the same as last time !!!! Still 5.9%. Very happy, after having few treats Xmas and being inactive thought it would be sky high. Well I'll just keep going. Good health to you all
Good news indeed, Happy for you

Reactions: 8 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good news indeed, Happy for you
. Clivethedrive Thanks very much. Yeh I'm quite happy was exspecting the worst. It's Given me insentive to try and improve even more if I can. Good health to you all, and to everyone whos helped given me advice and support on this forum. Couldn't have done it without you all X

Reactions: 18 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
. Clivethedrive Thanks very much. Yeh I'm quite happy was exspecting the worst. It's Given me insentive to try and improve even more if I can. Good health to you all, and to everyone whos helped given me advice and support on this forum. Couldn't have done it without you all X
We share..learn and help each other...Happy..and we can always improve

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We share..learn and help each other...Happy..and we can always improve
Your Certainly right, and I appreciate all the help, support and advice I've received, I've learnt more on this forum than I have from any where else, thanks again to everyone for all the help and support. Wish you all good health

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.7 today...that's three mornings in a row under 6.0...progress for me. And, since cutting my steroid dose in half..no real evidence of my usual spike...fingers crossed... coz I having been brutally low carbing - really could use a wee ice lolly as a treat. Thanks for the support, people. x
Good lad
Glad you are making some progress Paul

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Cumberland do you take all of these
for your GORD Ranitidine, Lansoprazole & Metoclopramide ? Ive GORD but just prescribed Lansoprazole which works now and again.
Hi Joe

Yes I take 1 Lansoprazole in the morning

3 Metoclopramide morning, noon, tea

2 Ranitidine at night

It's a pain GORD, good luck

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@andyolly - It's up to the individual how often they test blood sugars. Some people test several times a day, others maybe just once or twice a day. I ALWAYS test first thing on a morning and last before bed, and maybe through out the day if I feel my blood sugar may be dropping.:)

Reactions: 15 people

andyolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors telling me to take tablets
I guess its up to me due to the fact as I refused to take meds my doctors will not prescribe strips. Hey so I buy them, this morning I record 5.3 so I feel I must be doing something right?

Reactions: 34 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning all! 5.7 at 0620 today.

@andyolly 5.3 is good. Anything between 4-7 is good for a Type 2. From what I read 5.5 is the magic figure to aim for.

Reactions: 32 people