Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning :D. Off to Brighton this morning to get replacement batteries for our iPhones :rolleyes:. Have a good day all!;)

Reactions: 19 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
11.6 . The protein bar last thing at night just made it worse
@Naomi425 who suggested a protein bar?
I've had success with nuts or cheese (protein) snacks as I'm on lchf.
Protein bars can be made from protein whey which isn't recommended for diabetics.

Reactions: 9 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok I'll see what nuts do. I have to say I'm unconvinced by the theory . My liver obvs thinks I'm fasting and can't assess BG levels so it's pumping glucose out whatever I do

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 today gone up again, maybe stress doctor wants I stop one of my meds, said bgs will go up a bit tho! Don't want that to happen. nurse told me then I have to return machine and strips will not be provided on prescription any more. Great hope your days better than mine, op tomorrow and I'm in agony had trapped nerve in my neck killing me past few weeks, got cervical spondalitiss (can't spell that). Causes pain from head to toe, hope I can keep still back ect killing me

Reactions: 12 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
16/3/16. - Morning All.

5.7 this morning.:)

Reactions: 21 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ok I'll see what nuts do. I have to say I'm unconvinced by the theory . My liver obvs thinks I'm fasting and can't assess BG levels so it's pumping glucose out whatever I do
That's right. None diabetics also get dawn phenomenon. However they need the livers input but insulin resistant diabetics don't. Our bgs raise naturally from food which accumulates in the blood rather than converted into energy.
Thanks liver but we don't need your help!
Insulin dependant diabetics can use the liver dump to their advantage but in my experience insulin is a weight gainer.

Reactions: 4 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.8 for me this morning, so I guess the choco;ate experiment has yet to show anything conclusive.

Maybe I'll keep at it a bit longer....

Reactions: 19 people
P

paula.nolan42

4.9 this morning :D. Off to Brighton this morning to get replacement batteries for our iPhones :rolleyes:. Have a good day all!;)

If you are looking for a place to have lunch in Brighton I would highly recommend LoveFit Cafe on Queens Road - down from the Train Station - Low Carb Friendly Diabetic Friendly

Reactions: 4 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are looking for a place to have lunch in Brighton I would highly recommend LoveFit Cafe on Queens Road - down from the Train Station - Low Carb Friendly Diabetic Friendly
Thank you Paula! I saw your message too late and I will certainly give that a try next time we're there :happy:. We went to the Breakfast Club in The Lanes, I had a lovely spicy roast cauliflower salad with pea shoots and green beans in a cashew dressing. I always look at the menu before I go in to eat. Never been there before, they have a nice selection of food. Not much for diabetics, but I was happy with the salad - different! :)

Reactions: 14 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you Paula! I saw your message too late and I will certainly give that a try next time we're there :happy:. We went to the Breakfast Club in The Lanes, I had a lovely spicy roast cauliflower salad with pea shoots and green beans in a cashew dressing. I always look at the menu before I go in to eat. Never been there before, they have a nice selection of food. Not much for diabetics, but I was happy with the salad - different! :)
@KimG i used to live in haywards heath and brighton used to be my 2nd home. We even bought our engagement ring in the Lanes. Smashing for jewellery. Infact i miss the place. Roll on summer and we might visit for a few days :D

Reactions: 12 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 this morning, I avoided yoghurt this morning after yesterday's spike, and opted for a safer (or so i thought) scrambled egg with 2 very small rashers of bacon. 2 hours later 10.1!!!

I think my body is just not playing ball...... Any ideas for a breakfast that won't spike me? Mind you, bacon and eggs weren't spiking me last week.....

Reactions: 20 people