Type 2 Going cinema tonight what do I take as snacks?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Marvel_champ

Are you going to see batman vs superman? can you come back on forum and tell me if its got lots of swearing in it? my 8 year old is begging me to take him, apparently Kung Fu Panda isn't cool mum! :rolleyes:

and you can tell us what snacks you had :D

Thank you :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Just a suggestion, something I did when taking my daughter to the cinema. I got her "snacks" ready, then asked the staff if it was ok to take them in for her as her diabetes meant she couldn't eat anything on offer. There was never an issue (this was Odeon), they said they had no problem anyway, as long as good brought in wasnt hot.
Same with Vue cinemas. It might be worth asking in advance and explaining the food isn't suitable?

Reactions: 2 people

Pumkinpie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bag of sea salted plain nuts should do but once you start eatin em you cannot stop and if every one else is chompin toffees and chocs they wont want yours

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
@Marvel_champ

Are you going to see batman vs superman? can you come back on forum and tell me if its got lots of swearing in it? my 8 year old is begging me to take him, apparently Kung Fu Panda isn't cool mum! :rolleyes:

and you can tell us what snacks you had :D

Thank you :)

I love Kung Fu Panda. Second childhood?:D

N

NicolaB70

Just a suggestion, something I did when taking my daughter to the cinema. I got her "snacks" ready, then asked the staff if it was ok to take them in for her as her diabetes meant she couldn't eat anything on offer. There was never an issue (this was Odeon), they said they had no problem anyway, as long as good brought in wasnt hot.
Same with Vue cinemas. It might be worth asking in advance and explaining the food isn't suitable?
Cineworld also have his policy about anything but hot food

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember when I was a kid going to the pictures, we always had entrance money and bus fare so if we wanted anything to eat it meant a three mile walk home and it left me longing for the day when I would have enough money to go to the pictures and have a hot dog.....luxury! Well now I can do that I never do simply because I have a real aversion to being ripped off, I`m not tight and have no problem spending large amounts on a good meal but five quid for a hot dog ? Don`t think so.

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually take Brazil nuts or mini baby bells plus water. My friends usually end up eating most of the baby bells!

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, sometimes you need to relax, and enjoy being yourself, rather than deciding what you can't enjoy beforehand.
I just wouldn't describe eating anything as 'fun'. At best it's just food, at worst it's edible food substitute.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coincidentally I just opened an email from the TED online videos organization where the whole silly idea of bingeing on food while sitting watching videos is reinforced by the photo they use. Watching films and TV does not require simultaneous eating.

http://www.ted.com/playlists/258/ta...y&utm_medium=email&utm_content=playlist_title

I totally agree with you. Likewise, eating a meal doesn't need to be accompanied by watching TV. The meal should be enjoyed and savoured. Then it becomes more satisfying and there is less need for snacks at anytime. No need to ruin a good meal with TV.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just wouldn't describe eating anything as 'fun'. At best it's just food, at worst it's edible food substitute.

Oh, I would.

Tree bark is edible food substitute. And even then it's still edible.
Unless it's cinnamon, then it's also fun as well.
(but tree bark is a bit random, in the context of this post)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I totally agree with you. Likewise, eating a meal doesn't need to be accompanied by watching TV. The meal should be enjoyed and savoured. Then it becomes more satisfying and there is less need for snacks at anytime. No need to ruin a good meal with TV.
I will be eating dinner this evening while hurling abuse at The Voice. It is a fine tradition! :jimlad:

It still don't understand eating in cinemas though. Perhaps I am biased as a former cinema duty manager as I associate eating as a source of inter-customer aggro and mess.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be eating dinner this evening while hurling abuse at The Voice. It is a fine tradition! :jimlad:

It still don't understand eating in cinemas though. Perhaps I am biased as a former cinema duty manager as I associate eating as a source of inter-customer aggro and mess.
lol I managed to give up watching the Voice. I suppose I have one or two TV addictions left, but I think the meal would have to wait while I watched them. ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I remember when I was a kid going to the pictures, we always had entrance money and bus fare so if we wanted anything to eat it meant a three mile walk home and it left me longing for the day when I would have enough money to go to the pictures and have a hot dog.....luxury! Well now I can do that I never do simply because I have a real aversion to being ripped off, I`m not tight and have no problem spending large amounts on a good meal but five quid for a hot dog ? Don`t think so.

£5.00 for a hotdog, good god, what the heck is the size of the the thing :eek::wideyed:

o.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well maybe some tinned caviar and a few slices of light choices Melba toast six slices at the most.