Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed, full fat yogurt
L: falafel and salad (best option - eating out with kids)
D: low carb courgette 'bread', real cheddar cheese, nuts.

another visit to cheese shop :happy: cheddar cheese aged in cheddar gorge cave; yummy!!!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: blueberries, soya yogurt, pecans, cinnamon
L: walnut and chickpea pâté, cucumber slices, olives
D: little gem "tacos" stuffed with spicy veg mince, mushrooms and pickled jalapeños

Reactions: 5 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Flaxseed and full fat yogurt
L: Super salad with goats cheese (eating out again - best lower carb veggie option in an "italian" restaurant, kids had 3 courses each:rolleyes:)
D: cheese omelette and low carb veggies

Reactions: 2 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was a Lovely Day Out with quite a lot of activity and out of routine-ness, food-wise.
B: slice of buttered toast, raspberries and soya yogurt
Packed lunch: Soya Sausages, sandwich bag full of mixed salad with some cherry tomatoes and a satsuma.
Train journey: snack pack of cheddar cheese and bag of salad.
Supper. Philadelphia cheese with pine nuts and mixed roasted seeds.

So today -
B. strawberries and cream
L. Emmental cheese, cherry tomatoes, salad, raw mushrooms. Finished off the soya yogurt with a satsuma.
D. Omelette with steamed cauliflower, broccoli, spring onions, leek, green beans and mushrooms.

(Edited because I remembered yesterday wasn't as cheese filled a day as I thought it was, it just felt like it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: blueberries, soya yogurt, pecans, ginger
L: Lidl toast with 3 nut butter
D: little gem "tacos" stuffed with spicy veg mince, mushrooms and pickled jalapeños (again)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: blueberries, soya yogurt, pecans, ginger
L: chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, munchy seeds, chilli flakes
D: Linda Mac red onion & rosemary sausages, coleslaw made with cashew mayo

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh - I'd been thinking about home-made hummus, that recipe looks good.

Thursday -

B: Strawberries and double cream.
L: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, raw mushrooms, hummus.
D: Steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, leek and mushrooms) and grated cheese.

Friday - Day out and unexpected lunch out. I ate the packed lunch whilst waiting for the fourth cancelled train of the day.

B: Crackers and butter, strawberries and double cream
Lunch Part One: Egg mayonnaise sandwich.
Lunch Part Two: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Quorn cocktail sausages, satsuma.
Dinner: Cheesy omelette with red onion, green pepper and mushrooms.

I'm also trying a small bit of cheese or nuts just before bed to see if that cons my liver into good behaviour at dawn.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday:

Brunch: tofu wiener, lots of coffee throughout the day
Dinner: red Thai curry, pappadums, spicy yogurt dip.

I tried the vegan Quorn bits in the curry for the first time. They are as tasty as the regular pieces, but broke up quite a bit. This may have been my fault though :oops:

Rosieshe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have missed this forum, I love seeing what people eat, work has been so busy. late nights etc. I struggle with keeping myself eating well, so have done batch cooking for the week, yes I eat beans, lentils but no bread or pasta with any of them. The tofu burgers are to die for, first time. so thats my meals and some lunches for the week
batchcooking named.jpg
making them I am normally not keen on tofu but these are yum, if anyone wants receipts let me,know put them on recipe page?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Rosieshe Please please let me know the recipe for the tofu and spinach burgers! :hungry:

I hope you can pop in more regularly. Your food looks amazing and you are so organised. It is inspirational!

Reactions: 3 people

Rosieshe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rosieshe Please please let me know the recipe for the tofu and spinach burgers! :hungry:

I hope you can pop in more regularly. Your food looks amazing and you are so organised. It is inspirational!
I ahve moments of being organised i love cooking (hence my health situation I eat too much and trying to change behaviours)

½ block frozen spinach ( I steamed mine in Microwave to defrost)

block firm tofu
1/3 cup rolled oats

medium onion, chopped
2 big cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup LSA or Flaxmeal mix 1 just used flaxmeal not the lsa
tablespoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1teaspoon cumin

crumble tofu add other ingredients, mix, let it stand for a couple of minutes and form into patties, if too dry add water, this is taken from ANTI-INFLAMMATION-COOK-BOOK.pdf

A

Avocado Sevenfold

What part does flax play in the dish as I am funny about flax? If it acts as a binder, I could maybe use a chia egg.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B .. Thick chease on thin toast
L .. Chease brisket with chease cuecumber and chease
D .. A lovely big fresh salad with a ... LM sausages sliced into a flavoured mix fried vegetable colliflower rice type thing .. It sounds odd but was delicious.. Will watch the wife next time she makes it, then will know more about how it's made and what went into it.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I ahve moments of being organised i love cooking (hence my health situation I eat too much and trying to change behaviours)

½ block frozen spinach ( I steamed mine in Microwave to defrost)

block firm tofu
1/3 cup rolled oats

medium onion, chopped
2 big cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup LSA or Flaxmeal mix 1 just used flaxmeal not the lsa
tablespoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1teaspoon cumin

crumble tofu add other ingredients, mix, let it stand for a couple of minutes and form into patties, if too dry add water, this is taken from ANTI-INFLAMMATION-COOK-BOOK.pdf

I like the look of this! Thank you.

I've got some tofu for a protein change and have everything else except the spinach so I'll give it a try soon.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: cold leftover curry
Dinner: spinach and tofu burger, coleslaw made with eggless mayo
Pudding: 20g vanilla Swedish Glace (5g carbs) with strawberries. I forgot how sweet food is!

kbq4v6.png

I enjoyed the spinach and tofu burger and imagine it would be great for breakfast. Used a slightly different recipe that used peanut butter as a binder. I think Rosie's burger would pack more flavour though with the paprika and cumin :)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs
L: lidl protein roll and cheese, cucumber
D: baked camembert and low carb veggies

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday and today have been much the same

B: Strawberries and greek yogurt
L: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, raw mushrooms, hummus and a small chunk of extra-mature cheddar cheese.
D. Eggs - omelette yesterday and hard boiled today. Steamed veggies yesterday and salad use-up today. A few raspberries with a dollop of clotted cream. :)

However, I had a real dip mid afternoon today, and had a couple of slices of Burgen toasted. It did not affect me as Friday's bread did, and when I tested a couple of hours after eating it, having been for a walk, all was absolutely fine.