JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@mo53 - Epsom Salts sprinkled in bath water and a good 20 minutes soak is very good for Lumbago, Sprains and Aches. ( I am going to buy some as it can be used for quite a number of things: Household, Health and even in the Garden):)
Not wishing to put a dmpner on things but.

"WARNING:
Despite the advantages of external use, Epsom salt baths are not for everyone. It is not recommended for people with heart problems, high pressure and diabetes.

If you are not sure whether Epsom salt baths are safe for you, be sure to consult with your doctor first".

I can't use it anyway I have MG

Taken from here

http://healthyfitnatural.com/epsom-salt-uses-and-benefits/

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@JohnEGreen - Thank You for this vital piece of Information, I was too busy reading of it's usage.:)

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - This is the 'real me' - no longer a tree face now! You have all probably realised but I get bored, must be the "split personality" of being a Gemini!! @mo53 do not use the Epsom Salts at all. Got my delivery about 30 minutes ago and this time the Courier was a nice youngish guy, very pleasant too??:D

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@liam1955 What a good photo William I didn't realise how young you were! And handsome:)

Anna, with your gorgeous young looks we could be Sister and "Sister" oops meant Brother:D:D

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@doolallylady - And there's me wondering where did you go "all of a sudden" yesterday! Are you feeling much better today? Karen, would not worry too much about your blood sugars, they are bound to be slightly raised with illness but your fasting was good this morning.:)

Reactions: 3 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been doing LCHF since January and still can't get my fbg down. 7
8 this morning . But my other numbers are getting better, and people on this forum have said it can take 6 months to see a drop in fbg. Keep focusing on what you have achieved already

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like to have a treat, apple crumble, gonna use almond flour & oats but don't like sweeteners, anyone got any ideas pls? Hope everyone's ok, I've been having bad headaches and feeling very cold last few days , hope not coming down with anythink, tho I've felt very cold, shivering, since become diabetic, never felt cold before tho, confused, sitting with blanket wrapped around me now. Good day to you all, like the photo Liam, put the Epsom salts back in the cupboard!

Reactions: 4 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@liam1955

I've been practising my great disappearing act and I'm getting really good at it too :rolleyes:. Stupid puter.
I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks.
I'm waking through the night and should test then, but putting the light on would really wake me up and I wouldn't go back to sleep. As long as it stays in single figures I'm not going to stress about it. I'll be glad when October comes (not that I'm wishing my life away) because then I'll have my yearly check and my 1st Hbac 1 test since being diagnosed in December.

I like the photo too xx

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Did you know that you can buy home testing for HbA1c? I believe it is quite accurate and expensive too! Someone on here got it online

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@maureen5752 - Hi Maureen, your not alone on the cold bit, my feet and hands are always cold. Wear bed socks in bed and got fingerless gloves I wear indoors.I partly cook Apple's in flat sugar free lemonade and put a squeeze of lemon juice in too. What time are having your dinner? I love Apple Crumble, I'll bring the sugar free custard :D I am so pleased that another member pointed out about the Epsom Salts, I would feel really bad if @mo53 had used it and became really sick. I have to go and start our dinner - take care Maureen and let us know how you are?:) William.

Last edited by a moderator:

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you know that you can buy home testing for HbA1c? I believe it is quite accurate and expensive too! Someone on here got it online

Hi Anna, We haven't had a chat for ages, hope you're doing well.

No I didn't know that, I'll have to google and find out just how expensive it is.
I convert an accumulation of results and I'm getting a reading of 5.8 (dcct %) or 40.4 mmol/mol. Hopefully by October it might be a bit lower or at least no higher. xx

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 - Hi Maureen, your not alone on the cold bit, my feet and hands are always cold. Wear bed socks in bed and got fingerless gloves I wear indoors.I partly cook Apple's in flat sugar free lemonade and put a squeeze of lemon juice in too. What time are having your dinner? I love Apple Crumble, I'll bring the sugar free custard :D I am so pleased that another member pointed out about the Epsom Salts, I would feel really bad if @mo53 had used it and became really sick. I have to go and start our dinner - take care Maureen and let us know how you are?:) William.
Thanks, I'll make enough for 3 of us then, me you & your other half, ha ha, I'll try the flat sugar free lemonade, sounds good, you didn't know about the Epsom, this is how we all learn, by talking on the forum, we all learn from each othere, I always put cinnamon & coconut in my crumble, have a hood evening thanks again

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
I should have had a delivery today of test strips but hey have not arrived and ran out so going blind at the minute. I have put in a repeat prescription request today for my regular medication, and have added strips onto it, so fingers crossed my GP will issue them for me. Hope everyone is well not been on for a few days, been so busy and my internet has been a little temperamental (sorry about the spelling ) to say the least, but all seems to be sorted now.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@maureen5752 - Bless You, your a good sport Maureen.:). You enjoy your Apple Crumble, it's good to have a treat every now then.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@13lizanne
Amazon.co.UK sell it at £14.99 for a kit that does 1 test. But, unfortunately they are temporary out of stock.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thanks for the info William, I seem to remember that the person on here bought a pack of three but it cost over £100
@doolallylady my last two HbA1c were 40 and 39 - that's without meds - and I was really happy with that, looks like you're bang on course Karen

S

Sable_Jan

Like to have a treat, apple crumble, gonna use almond flour & oats but don't like sweeteners, anyone got any ideas pls? Hope everyone's ok, I've been having bad headaches and feeling very cold last few days , hope not coming down with anythink, tho I've felt very cold, shivering, since become diabetic, never felt cold before tho, confused, sitting with blanket wrapped around me now. Good day to you all, like the photo Liam, put the Epsom salts back in the cupboard!
Allspice makes the apples taste nice and use Granny Smith apples cos they cook nicely but aren't so tart as bakers. Also if it's the aftertaste you don't like with sweeteners I don't get any with Total Sweet. You could try agave syrup, natural but low GI/GL ....

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Allspice makes the apples taste nice and use Granny Smith apples cos they cook nicely but aren't so tart as bakers. Also if it's the aftertaste you don't like with sweeteners I don't get any with Total Sweet. You could try agave syrup, natural but low GI/GL ....
Thanks very much, will try that, I enjoy cooking, I hate sugar in drinks but need in desserts so thanks , I keep learning

Reactions: 7 people