nutrition of 1 chip

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nobody does, since chips come in different sizes.

I think it's two main categories, the thin sticks like McDonalds (which are almost exclusive to mdconalds) and the regular sticks.

I need an approximation!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
guys come on! I don't know how many chips to eat that will be 100 calories!!!!
@greener -- that was not your actual original question
You asked how many carbs in a chip / french fry ( and tortilla and crisp)

I don't think it is any of the people that have responded to you , in the way they have , for finding humour along with a touch of the ridiculous about the question.

the answer given to you by me completely covered your query

so to elaborate on your new question

100 calories of chips = 46.8 grams of chip shop chips fried in vegetable oil.

perhaps heed the advice given to you by many others on this topic that you hold the key to solving the query by investing in a set of scales and either googling the nutrition of foods you desire to eat or buying the book Carbs & Cals.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it's two main categories, the thin sticks like McDonalds (which are almost exclusive to mdconalds) and the regular sticks.

I need an approximation!

What gauge do you class as "regular"? there is the cutter that chipies use. Then there is the "randomness" momma makes..? (Or indeed the average cut used by an inmate in a standard prison kitchen?) "French fries" are not only copy righted by Micky Dee's either.. Please be a little more specicic?

Reactions: 3 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I visit Kingsmill often. I am in your neighbourhood more than those 2!! And I like chips... :D

Gerroff!!! I said it first! Um...Isn't Kingsmill a bread?:wacky:

Reactions: 5 people

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@greener -- that was not your actual original question
You asked how many carbs in a chip / french fry ( and tortilla and crisp)

I don't think it is any of the people that have responded to you , in the way they have , for finding humour along with a touch of the ridiculous about the question.

the answer given to you by me completely covered your query

so to elaborate on your new question

100 calories of chips = 46.8 grams of chip shop chips fried in vegetable oil.

perhaps heed the advice given to you by many others on this topic that you hold the key to solving the query by investing in a set of scales and either googling the nutrition of foods you desire to eat or buying the book Carbs & Cals.

You and many others here continue not to understand....

I simply cannot have a scale with me when I am at the restaurant eating chips. I need to count the chips I eat! That is the only thing I can do! I cannot weigh them!

So how many chips are in 50g ?

By the way, most sources give 3 calories per gram, not 2. so I will have to eat only 30g of chips for 100 calories

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So here's what you do... Cook 30g of chips at home. From your own calculations 30g of chips equate to 100 calories.

Put the cooked chips on a dinner plate. Look at the chips. Remember how much of the plate those delicious deep-fried naughty potato sticks cover. Take a picture if you feel it necessary.

Next time you go to a restaurant, eat as many chips as were on your plate when you cooked 30g of them at home.
.. Or,carry a scale drug dealers use to sell weed?

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or, go to MacDonalds and buy a portion of chips. Take them home, weigh them, calculate how many carbs in the whole portion, count out the chips and calculate how many to eat to get to your target amount of carbs. Then you'll know how many to eat when you next go to MacDonalds.

By the way, I don't think anyone mentioned the shape of the potato to be chipped. Some are really odd shapes so might make large or small chips. Not sure how to calculate these ones.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My advice won't work though if your chosen restaurant only sells french fries... **** it!

Maybe you could stick two french fries together to equal a 'standard' chip???