nutrition of 1 chip

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cannot cook and I don't have scale, anyone?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or, go to MacDonalds and buy a portion of chips. Take them home, weigh them, calculate how many carbs in the whole portion, count out the chips and calculate how many to eat to get to your target amount of carbs. Then you'll know how many to eat when you next go to MacDonalds.

By the way, I don't think anyone mentioned the shape of the potato to be chipped. Some are really odd shapes so might make large or small chips. Not sure how to calculate these ones.
I see your point. A "trainee" spud cutter may not have the same diligence as an experienced chef.with the portion continuity..

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nobody can eat only one chip. Chips are moreish. Especially chips cooked on the hob, stainless steel chip pan in LARD. Mmmmmmmm. Proper chips! ...
Before I complete choking on my breakfast coffee I have to say that, with respect @mahola, you're quite wrong - I have been known on occasion to eat a single (potato) chip... My husband will sometimes include an odd one on my plate along with my low carb celeriac chips as a special "treat". Next time I get one I'll try to remember to remove and weigh it before attempting to eat it. Perhaps if his generosity happens frequently enough over the next few years or so I'll eventually have enough single chip weights recorded be able to publish an accurate average weight and carb content for one??

Hopefully, Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before I complete choking on my breakfast coffee I have to say that, with respect @mahola, you're quite wrong - I have been known on occasion to eat a single (potato) chip... My husband will sometimes include an odd one on my plate along with my low carb celeriac chips as a special "treat". Next time I get one I'll try to remember to remove and weigh it before attempting to eat it. Perhaps if his generosity happens frequently enough over the next few years or so I'll eventually have enough single chip weights recorded be able to publish an accurate average weight and carb content for one??

Hopefully, Robbity

That would be brilliant if you could build up a glossary cataloging every possible size, weight, potato used & dimension of chip taking into account calorie & carb count.

With the right software developed of every possible chip template, Greener could invest in a "3D printer" and cut his own...

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This has got to be one of the funniest questions ever asked here it has certainly generated a lot of replies

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This has got to be one of the funniest questions ever asked here it has certainly generated a lot of replies

Hopefully with the knowledgable collective advice given to Greener on his query. He will be "Lord of the fries" in no time... :D

Reactions: 2 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Here you are, 50g of real French Fries
( about 20g carb)
It's from the a book very much like carbs and cals which was mentioned earlier
frites.PNG

Reactions: 7 people

EdMac

Your question is the equivalent of asking "How much does a dog weigh?" It's impossible to answer that question with accuracy as there are big/small dogs, tall/short dogs, and fat/skinny dogs.
This is a food thread it's pretty obvious he'd be asking about hot dogs... ;)
And the second hit on google was...
Wow there are more calories in a peanut than a french fry...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a food thread it's pretty obvious he'd be asking about hot dogs... ;)

Wow there are more calories in a peanut than a french fry...
Ah but it could be a teeny weeny peanut and a huge, very long French fry...that would really mess your calculations up. :rolleyes:;)

Reactions: 3 people