Warning: Chocolate Cake Horror

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear Forum Friends - I have to tell you my horror tale from yesterday evening:

Had a busy day and was feeling particularly tired. Got home to teenage daughter making a huge chocolate cake! :wideyed: Consequently couldn't starting making dinner, so after a cup of tea decided to take the dog for a long walk. By the time I came back I was naturally even more tired and starving hungry. Went to make some scrambled eggs and discovered daughter had left big chunks of chocolate cake on a plate where she had sliced the top off the cake - you guessed it, I couldn't resist, I was too hungry and tired! However, I couldn't stop at just one little piece, it was soooo nice, I ended up shoving loads in and came back for more after I had eaten my eggs! :sour: Consequently I was WIDE awake at 4:30 this morning tossing and turning and dying of thirst and I am very grumpy this morning! :dead::shifty:

So the moral of the story is..... suggestions below please!

Reactions: 4 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So the moral of the story is...
....you're human! Perhaps a little word to your daughter might be worthwhile (lead me not into temptation) - but this blip isn't an everyday thing, so don't beat yourself up.

Hope you're feeling okay this morning.

:)

Reactions: 9 people

Mup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When I make cakes, I use Natvia sugar substitute (there's one for baking - available on Amazon) & you only need half the amount of sugar that the recipe states. For choc cake, use cocoa powder or melted 80% choc. I have this as an occasional treat - don't beat yourself up for your lapse!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh dear Forum Friends - I have to tell you my horror tale from yesterday evening:

Had a busy day and was feeling particularly tired. Got home to teenage daughter making a huge chocolate cake! :wideyed: Consequently couldn't starting making dinner, so after a cup of tea decided to take the dog for a long walk. By the time I came back I was naturally even more tired and starving hungry. Went to make some scrambled eggs and discovered daughter had left big chunks of chocolate cake on a plate where she had sliced the top off the cake - you guessed it, I couldn't resist, I was too hungry and tired! However, I couldn't stop at just one little piece, it was soooo nice, I ended up shoving loads in and came back for more after I had eaten my eggs! :sour: Consequently I was WIDE awake at 4:30 this morning tossing and turning and dying of thirst and I am very grumpy this morning! :dead::shifty:

Well you have certainly suffered with the chocoquencies this morning :- :rolleyes::D

f7b54a9dc03f1fac9c46ff23bcf58d9f.jpg

Hope the day gets better for you

Reactions: 6 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Forgive me father, for I have sinned!
Get back on track today to make up for it :) I don't know if I could ignore the cake either, it sounded wonderful!

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sean01

...have the cake but don't eat it?:wacky:

or if you want the serious answer - get your teenage daughter to clean up after she has finished. I have twin 16 year old daughters - good luck with getting her to try that!:banghead:

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...have the cake but don't eat it?:wacky:

or if you want the serious answer - get your teenage daughter to clean up after she has finished. I have twin 16 year old daughters - good luck with getting her to try that!:banghead:
Yes, now you mention it, the kitchen still looked like a chocolate bomb had hit it this morning! She is 13. :meh:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

If your going to eat chocolate cake then make sure you get a whole slice at least then it will have been worth it. Other wise don't eat it at all.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your going to eat chocolate cake then make sure you get a whole slice at least then it will have been worth it. Other wise don't eat it at all.
Yes you quite right, the finished article did look even better with a thick chocky filling and icing on the top! I should have held out and had the finished article! :facepalm:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Point good little baker daughter in the direction of our low carb recipes thread and Ewelina's blog, and then you can scoff guilt free chocolate cake happily ever after...:D

Robbity

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the opposite problem ... I can eat chocolate cake with out any problems now .. except the wife does her nut at me :banghead:She is keeping her eye on my newly found waistline !

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Is the moral of the story "when you get home don't have a cup of tea and take your dog for a walk because you will eat chocolate cake"?

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Next time, cut it into very small pieces and send one to each of us. Share the guilt!!

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!

Moral of story: 70% choc bar should always be between you and choc cake!

:hungry:

Reactions: 5 people

Shirley_girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Loved all of your replies to Brunneria. I appreciate that all of you that left comments of comfort for her also had your humour button fully pressed in! . . May the force be with you all.

Paddler_John

Your daughter has taken away your control over your environment.
You need to explain to her that you are attempting never to give in to the temptation of eating get the wrong get food and leaving out chocolate cake undermines your resolve and is disrespectful.

If you manage to get that message across to a teenager let me know how u did it and I wil try the same technique on my daughter

D

debrasue

Can I suggest that the moral of the story is: Never leave an unchained teenager unsupervised - they don't have your best interests at heart..... LOL ;)