Insulin
Think i have depression.. im just always down

Sent from my SM-G925F using DCUK Forum mobile app

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you visited your Doc @Rob1883 depression is a serious illness and if you think you are suffering it helps to talk to a health professional - I know this from experience. Or give Mind a call on 0300 123 3393, they are open 9am - 6pm. You don't need to suffer in silence, talking really helps. Good luck

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think i have depression.. im just always down

Sent from my SM-G925F using DCUK Forum mobile app

Go see your doc , and he/she will see if you are deppressed, but you do sound down, best thing I did last year and these days they will get you some help (not drugs) probably on a course using CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)... the course really helped me, and dont worry you can sit right thru it and not say a word if you dont wish to, it helped so much I will be redoing it next month as having another rough patch....

You could also do an online test http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/pages/mood-self-assessment.aspx

All the Best

Jase

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
Diabetes and Depression are connected and with all that we have to deal with it's understandable.
I suffer from Depression and was put onto a low dose of Fluoxetine which has helped me greatly.
I was also given access to a Diabetic Psychologist, I don't know if this is something available in your area but it's really worth looking into.
Just remember it's ok to feel down about life sometimes, and that the bad days won't last forever. Take care.

CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, snobby behaviour
I hope you're ok. Depression is serious. I recommend you seek professional help. Good luck

Reactions: 2 people

Erin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you were feeling slightly better. Depression can feel like a never ending fight. For me, my army consists of antidepressants (dose in the morning and dose at night), CBT appts every 2-3 weeks and a weekly run. I also try to sleep well (which can be a hard task with depressive symptoms). All of these can help, individually or all together. It all depends on you, how you want to manage it, and what works for you.

As a starting point, I would visit your GP. I know this isn't easy, but it is vital. If I'm in a bad place, I take someone with me because when I'm sitting in the Dr office, I don't want to talk or explain anything. Whereas whoever I've brought can tell the Dr how I've been and why they're worried. The GP then leads the conversation, and I just have to answer the questions. There are many options available, and if your Dr is like mine, might suggest medication and/or seeing a CPN (community psychiatric nurse - basically meet them at ur surgery once a week, tell them how **** you're feeling, and they try to help you find ways to make things easier). If you are really struggling and can't leave the house, some can come to you. Regardless of what is offered, don't feel like you have to accept anything you're not comfortable with. I hated the idea of medication, but ended up having to admit that it was the only thing left to try and reluctantly took them. I honestly believe they are the only reason I'm still here. However this is not the case for everyone, and you need to do what's right for you, and in your own time.

I'm thinking of you, and wish you all the best. Drop me a message if you ever want to chat. X x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app