Idiopathic postprandial syndrome

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As far as I can make out, you drop low because you produce too much insulin. But others are experts in this field, I'm a newbie with a hosts of tests coming up tomorrow....

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Good luck tomorrow, and we do produce too much insulin and the effects are not very nice!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, MRI is negative for pancreatic cancer and insulinomas. Upper GI next week. Happy about MRI. Endoscopic ultrasound under discussion, will depend on results from upper GI Still no idea why nausea after carbs... But I feel less doomed now :) excellent docs really good. Testing me also for auto immune conditions.... Thanks to all for your support. Hypos will be discussed with endo - things are moving

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, MRI is negative for pancreatic cancer and insulinomas. Upper GI next week. Happy about MRI. Endoscopic ultrasound under discussion, will depend on results from upper GI Still no idea why nausea after carbs... But I feel less doomed now :) excellent docs really good. Testing me also for auto immune conditions.... Thanks to all for your support. Hypos will be discussed with endo - things are moving

Brilliant news Alicki! You must be feeling very relieved

Good luck with the next round of tests

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

That's brilliant @Alicki!

Did say that it's better to know, and it's really good news about the test results.
It does get better in the diagnosis.
It just takes time!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a relief! Onward and upward, every step taking you closer to the answer. :)

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to all, diagnosis does take time, and they are going to "watch" me for a while too to make sure things stabilize. feeling blessed.

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Next test - gastroscopy next Friday. Has anyone ever been put to sleep for this procedure? I'm going to have to. I didn't feel like telling my employer but I know there's another test just after this one so don't want to lie.. Any opinions on the matter?

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight loss is 9 kilos in four months, so slightly worried about that ... But hopefully we can get to the bottom of things. Kaza how did your appointment go?

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your support and holding my hand, it s priceless to me :)

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Alicki. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has had this procedure so cannot advise I'm afraid. If your Doc has advised its best for you to be put to sleep, then I would just go with it personally. As for telling your employer, my opinion is honesty is the best policy. I guess it depends how understanding your employer is?

Your weight loss is quite dramatic. I lost around 6.5 kilos in a similar amount of time. Your carb reduction, anxiety and stress will all be contributing. They did in my case! My weight eventually stopped dropping off and levelled out for a while before very slowly going back up. It's taken me about 9 months to put 2 kilos back on. Try not to worry too much, it might make it worse. If you're concerned, speak to your Doctor about it.

I postponed my appointment as I want to get a bit more data (or evidence!) from my Libra beforehand. I also think my hormones and monthly cycle affect my bs levels and RH control so I'm hoping this might show in the first full month of use.

Good luck next Friday. Let us know how it goes x

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much for the advice

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I am obèse overweight perhaps difference is there, but Will see next round of tests

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Alicki, how did you get on with your test yesterday? Hope all went well x

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
The gastroscopy went Well, apparently no major issues. Just waiting on biopsy results. I think tis the pancreas but we needed to clear the gastro side before going further into diagnostics procédures. I Want an endoscopic ultrasound but not sure

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Can get one

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
So might need to go Private in UK

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Expensive but peace of mind is

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

Nosher, can I send you a private message, it was rejected saying I couldn't when I tried.
Thanks Alick

Am at my wits end, not feeling any better...

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't have any energy to go to the UK

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello,

Nosher, can I send you a private message, it was rejected saying I couldn't when I tried.
Thanks Alick

Am at my wits end, not feeling any better...
I will have a look at my pm status, I'm having difficulties with a few things on the site.

Have you done anything that would make you this way?
Have you tried to pm @ @Brunneria. She is so good at sorting these sort of things out?