ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@eldergarth it's better to deal with them than ignoring them. They can turn you blind. You are a very wise man to face these challenges head on.
Some ignore their health until it's too late. Thank god they have court it now.
Is this your first eye examination being diabetic?
Check out the forums for advice regarding eye damage.
They might laser the bleeds to stop any more damage. Is your bgs kept low at the moment? Constantly? No higher than 7.8?
I bet you're in a bit shock. We weren't expecting this. We thought your legs and hips were the only cause for concern.
Ron, they can do quite a lot to put a stop to this in a type 2 diabetic. Your sugar control must come first to prevent more damage.
Please will you come back to fasting bg forum every morning so we can support you?
Please use these forums. We are here for you. You must put your bg levels first now. Nothing else matters until no more damage occurs due to controlled bgs.
You/we can do this. Head on. Hugs galore.

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@maureen5752. I checked with the calculator and your 6 point average works out at an HbA1c score of 35.3 or 5.4% that is non-diabetic range Maureen. Well done you you're normal :) and its also slightly lower than my last HbA1c . xxxx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6.0 is very good. Not prediabetic but excellent average for a type 2 diabetic. @liam1955 has a copy of the levels which equate to what. 6.0 is excellent. :)
6 average over three months translates to an HbA1c of 5.4 or 35.3 which is non-diabetic. However, if the 6 is the HbA1c result that is, of course different. I may have misunderstood Maureen when she said 6 was her three month average?

Reactions: 2 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752. I checked with the calculator and your 6 point average works out at an HbA1c score of 35.3 or 5.4% that is non-diabetic range Maureen. Well done you you're normal :) and its also slightly lower than my last HbA1c . xxxx[/QUOTE. Thanks that's great hope my metre isn't playing games, wouldn't give me average last night, tried today & I'm it said I've kept it at 6 at 7,14,30&90 days, The last 2 hbc1a's were 5.9% yet I've ate more cheese,meat,fat,eggs,cream ext Past 3 months than I've ever ate in years & not been much active at all, wonder if my metres doing a late April 1st on me. Hope not, congrats on your Thanks very much

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6 average over three months translates to an HbA1c of 5.4 or 35.3 which is non-diabetic. However, if the 6 is the HbA1c result that is, of course different. I may have misunderstood Maureen when she said 6 was her three month average?
Me too. Average meter reading is excellent. 6.0% from her hba1c? Otherwise 60 not 6?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't understand what you mean @ickihun ? Maureen just said the 6 is her average BG reading over the 3 months results stored on her meter, that converts to s HbA1c of 35.3

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
13lizanne said:
I don't understand what you mean @ickihun ? Maureen just said the 6 is her average BG reading over the 3 months results stored on her meter, that converts to s HbA1c of 35.3
Sorry just saw her added info. Meter average it is. That is excellent. I bet she cannot wait for her next hba1c result.

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

@eldergarth it's better to deal with them than ignoring them. They can turn you blind. You are a very wise man to face these challenges head on.
Some ignore their health until it's too late. Thank god they have court it now.
Is this your first eye examination being diabetic?
Check out the forums for advice regarding eye damage.
They might laser the bleeds to stop any more damage. Is your bgs kept low at the moment? Constantly? No higher than 7.8?
I bet you're in a bit shock. We weren't expecting this. We thought your legs and hips were the only cause for concern.
Ron, they can do quite a lot to put a stop to this in a type 2 diabetic. Your sugar control must come first to prevent more damage.
Please will you come back to fasting bg forum every morning so we can support you?
Please use these forums. We are here for you. You must put your bg levels first now. Nothing else matters until no more damage occurs due to controlled bgs.
You/we can do this. Head on. Hugs galore.
I totally agree with everything Vicky says here, Ron ( @eldergarth )
This is exactly what the forums are for - any one of us could be in the same position that you're in, so take full advantage of all the support and tools that are available for you here. You don't have to fight this alone.
Big hugs xx

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @KevinPotts not told the whole family as yet

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Hope things get better for you, my problem probably was different to yours but years ago I kept seeing somat move fast across my right eye, silly me thought a mouse at got in house, went hospital to check, my Periphal vision had got a bleed & tear, had it for weeks I was very lucky, they lazerd it & have checked it every year to make sure it's still sealed ok, so I wish you well, if you have lazer it's not painful just feels like a thumping in your eye. Take care wish you well

Reactions: 7 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No 6 is my 3 month average on my metre. Thanks for your help

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@maureen5752 - Here is the HBA1C Chart.

Normal. Below 42 mmol. = 6.0% or below.
Prediabetic. 42 to 47mmol. = 6.0% - 6.4%.
Diabetes. 48mmol or over. =6.5% or over..

S

Sable_Jan

Hi @maureen5752 , yes it's a great number Maureen. There's a conversion chart somewhere on the main site which tells you how that converts to a HbA1c if you hang on I'll go and find it but I do know offhand that it translates to a 5 point something. Back in a mo. Anna x
Don't forget though that the HbA1C picks up the highs from eating to 2 hours (which is a natural occurrence in everyone) so it will be higher than the average readings are. Not raining on the parade, a 6 average is fantastic but if you convert that to HbA1C numbers it will be artificially low and don't want you to be disheartened when the real HbA1C comes in higher.

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

Don't forget though that the HbA1C picks up the highs from eating to 2 hours (which is a natural occurrence in everyone) so it will be higher than the average readings are. Not raining on the parade, a 6 average is fantastic but if you convert that to HbA1C numbers it will be artificially low and don't want you to be disheartened when the real HbA1C comes in higher.
That's true - I was a little disappointed at first when mine came in at 42, because I had worked out it was going to be around 35. But at the end of the day, I was pretty pleased with 42 anyway.
:)

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

Ok folks, I am going to make like a tree and...... go to bed. :joyful:
Sleep tight everyone
Hugs x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - 42 or below is considered "Normal" and if you are just diet controlled ? That's good - I reckon your next HBA1C will be lower as you have good fasting results. :) Good Night. William x