Type 2 Advice wanted

AnnBlanking

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am a type II diabetic. Over the past few days I have had great trouble controlling my blood sugar levels. They are consistently high in the high 20s mmol/l. The meter is also reading 'high' on quite a few occasions. I have recently been suffering from what I assumed was a Summer cold. Advice please!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a type II diabetic. Over the past few days I have had great trouble controlling my blood sugar levels. They are consistently high in the high 20s mmol/l. The meter is also reading 'high' on quite a few occasions. I have recently been suffering from what I assumed was a Summer cold. Advice please!
Is your type 2 diabetes treated with insulin?

Grant

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
What levels would you normally expect to see? Have you been eating anything different? Any change of medication? It's not unusual for blood sugar to go off balance if unwell. Are you sure the meter is working? Test strips ok?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What levels would you normally expect to see? Have you been eating anything different? Any change of medication? It's not unusual for blood sugar to go off balance if unwell. Are you sure the meter is working? Test strips ok?
It's probably worth also be worth asking @AnnBlanking how long she has been a diabetic and how well the blood sugars have been until this point?

@AnnBlanking, you're really not wanting BGL's that high for a prolonged period of time, in fact - at all.

If you read these replies and you've not got your blood sugars back in range - I'd head straight to your GP/nearest clinic to get seen to. Not to scare you, but at thoses levels you're in real danger of DKA and other nasty problems which you really don't want to be part of.

Hope to hear from you soon and take care.
Grant

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
What you should be doing if your meter reads "high" ... is phoning 111 and asking for immediate advice

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@AnnBlanking - Hello. Drink plenty of water it helps to flush out your system and stabilise glucose in the bloodstream. :) When you are ill your body makes hormones to fight illness, those same hormones raise blood sugars. Which is why you need to test blood sugars more.