Type 1 Advice please on sugar levels

hayleyowen90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anyone else who does really well and keep control of there sugar levels and then all of a sudden find it hard again to control them causing hab1c levels to go up again ?? And what do they do to try get them down again ??? I feel like I go on a roll and do really well as my last reading was 42 but now my reading are really high again and can't get them down and know that my hab1c levels will go up again and I feel gutted :(

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you know why they've suddenly gone up? Stress? Illness? Hormones?

Do you count carbs?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
now my reading are really high again and can't get them down

Are we talking about just today or a period of days/weeks, if it's a recent event it's worth changing your insulin pens as it may be that your insulin has degraded.

Reactions: 2 people

hayleyowen90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well i did well before Christmas finally got it down then it went up again as it was Christmas and hard to be healthy and just wanted comfort food, and then finally got on top of it and went down to 42 which is amazing and lately it's just done up over these past few three weeks I know I have been stressed which is not like me and maybe my hormones have been all over the place due too having a few babies losses over this past few years and think it's just talking us a toll on me and my partner Abit, I feel I've lost my motivation do be healthy and excercise again due to my sugars be higher again cx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Stress can put your sugars up for sure and it sounds like you've had a stressful time.

I suggest perhaps keeping a food diary for a week along with your test results, etc, and then you might see an easy place to tighten up your control.

Test lots, correct if necessary and if you're confident doing so, and set yourself tiny achievable targets.

Good luck :)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well i did well before Christmas finally got it down then it went up again as it was Christmas and hard to be healthy and just wanted comfort food, and then finally got on top of it and went down to 42 which is amazing and lately it's just done up over these past few three weeks I know I have been stressed which is not like me and maybe my hormones have been all over the place due too having a few babies losses over this past few years and think it's just talking us a toll on me and my partner Abit, I feel I've lost my motivation do be healthy and excercise again due to my sugars be higher again cx

Higher levels of cortisol (stress hormone) will give you higher BGs on average. Think about increasing insulin levels to bring your averages back down.
Exercise could certainly help to get some 'positive' hormones chugging around your body and help reduce your BGs naturally too.
Try not to dwell on the past - enjoy today, and take care of yourself.