Type 2 Life

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all sorry late posting. @ debrasue thanks I agree gonna sort it out, yes great photo @liam1955 @ eldergarth, everyone not well with health problems I wish you well & I'm thinking of you all, take care good luck & God bless (hugs)

Reactions: 2 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
Wasabi? :eek: Ahh, that's your Balinese taste-buds speaking - my weedy little tongue can't cope with wasabi at all!!! :p
Good luck with the chocolate icecream - looking forward to hearing your verdict.
Lots of love to you, too, honey! And big hugs xx

Wasabi tastes great!
In Asia, we've been so used to strong flavors including chili and wasabi.
I had my first taste when I was 1 year old :) #pleaseblamethosecrazyasianmothers #lol
I will take a photo prove of me enjoying and indulging the low carb double choc ice cream soon.

Big hugs

D

debrasue

Wasabi tastes great!
I had my first taste when I was 1 year old :) #pleaseblamethosecrazyasianmothers #lol
I will take a photo prove of me enjoying and indulging the low carb double choc ice cream soon.

Big hugs
One year old??? :eek: Good grief!!
I like a little sweet chilli - that's delicious, but nope, I can't cope with it too hot. I am a wuss. :joyful:
Have a great day, Aini!
Hugs x

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Wasabi tastes great!

Big hugs

I'm sure it does, but my mouth screams in pain....haha:)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, I'm in a good mood today - it's my lovely mum's birthday on Wednesday so we're all going out for Sunday lunch. Mum found a lovely carvery out in the suburbs and they do cauliflower cheese as one of the vegetables yum! Cauli cheese is mine and mum's favourite so we couldn't say no to that could we :) It's quite a long bus ride up there so we're meeting at the bus station just after 11, hopefully my brother wasn't doing his astronomy at stupid o'clock last night so he'll be up on time :)

D

debrasue

Morning everyone, I'm in a good mood today - it's my lovely mum's birthday on Wednesday so we're all going out for Sunday lunch. Mum found a lovely carvery out in the suburbs and they do cauliflower cheese as one of the vegetables yum! Cauli cheese is mine and mum's favourite so we couldn't say no to that could we :) It's quite a long bus ride up there so we're meeting at the bus station just after 11, hopefully my brother wasn't doing his astronomy at stupid o'clock last night so he'll be up on time :)
I hope you have a lovely time with the family today, Barbara and enjoy that cauliflower cheese! Happy birthday to your mum. Big hugs x

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week I tried something different, was really strict with B (Nuts, yog and rasps) and L (Celery, olives, avocado and sauerkraut), D was one meat, 2 veg and a salad. Each day 1tbsp of rapeseed oil, actually quite nice.
FBG have been sub 5.0s :)
Weight: 71 kg, which is no change for the last 16 months
BP: 107/63 :)
I've dropped cheese and meats from B and L and red meat only once a week....
Red wine with three meals

D

debrasue

Last week I tried something different, was really strict with B (Nuts, yog and rasps) and L (Celery, olives, avocado and sauerkraut), D was one meat, 2 veg and a salad. Each day 1tbsp of rapeseed oil, actually quite nice.
I've noticed you've been getting some great readings recently. It's interesting that you mention dropping cheese and meat from breakfast and lunch - I've been having just berries and cream for breakfast for the past couple of days and my FBGs have dropped back into the 5s, whereas they were in the 6s for a while...

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm having meat and cheese less without increasing fish or seafood. Less protein but more carb (150g) no weight loss even with no insulin for 24hrs at mo. Metformin only for 24hrs.
I was reluctant to stop insulin as liver has to be checked monthly from metformin.
Doctors has messed up my metformin repeat so running out today. Having to sit at gps in morning for prescription slip even thou on automated. Will recheck with chemist before I iritate doctor's staff thou.
I hate making a fuss! My doctors are normally brilliant. Excellent receptionist has been farmed out. I think because of tension. Too many women in a small place always causes trouble. I know because I've been there. Why do women have to be so competitive? We are own worst enemy!
I love other women's emotion support as it's second to none but too many causes anarchy.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much! Sorry!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
D

debrasue

hi all have just been online to check if my hba1c results were in and you all said i'm due some good news well guess what
my hba1c is 44 non diabetic range in 7 months somebody slap me silly it cant be possible .
or is it what the neurologist thought and a miss diagnosis
@ickihun @13lizanne @liam1955 @debrasue @JohnEGreen @eddie1968 @maureen5752 @KevinPotts @Diamum5972 sorry if i forgot any one
That's fantastic news! Well done, Ron and Tina - all your hard work has paid off. Winners! :)

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm so pleased for you Ron - even if a mis-diagnosis you now know that you are in the non-diabetic range. Congratulations

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I'm so pleased for you Ron - even if a mis-diagnosis you now know that you are in the non-diabetic range. Congratulations
I will thank you on Rons behalf as he's nodded off again. We couldn't believe it going to double check with the nurse on Tuesday .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I will thank you on Rons behalf as he's nodded off again. We couldn't believe it going to double check with the nurse on Tuesday .
Fantastic news!
I couldn't be happier. Well done to you both.
44 is my favourite no. More so now!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Thanks Vicky and Anne but will wait till Tue and my DN confirms it before ordering the cake lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky and Anne but will wait till Tue and my DN confirms it before ordering the cake lol
@eldergarth if not misdiagnosed as not diabetic but they should test you for type 1 due to autoimmune related.
Remind me have you just been taking metformin, no insulin?
Anyway. Keep us posted about nurse's conclusion on tuesday. Fingers crossed for a positive result. :)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@eldergarth if not misdiagnosed as not diabetic but they should test you for type 1 due to autoimmune related.
Remind me have you just been taking metformin, no insulin?
Anyway. Keep us posted about nurse's conclusion on tuesday. Fingers crossed for a positive result. :)
Yes Vicky just on metformin now was on gliclazide as well when diagnosed but got took of them as thought causing my hypos but the neurologist thinks it was the drain of the MS causing the hypos which would explain why I had most of the hypos in my sleep

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Reactions: 3 people