Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

It's been a terrible day weather-wise here, pouring with rain all day and still chucking it down, and I've taken refuge in a takeaway curry tonight instead of my healthy planned roast pork and vegetables. But I resisted their rice and just had 100g of Tilda brown and wild rice, which I know doesn't spike me.
Not sure about the poppadom, though... :(
BG was 5.6 before dinner, let's see what it is at around 9.30 tonight....
:nailbiting:

Reactions: 7 people
D

debrasue

It's been a terrible day weather-wise here, pouring with rain all day and still chucking it down, and I've taken refuge in a takeaway curry tonight instead of my healthy planned roast pork and vegetables. But I resisted their rice and just had 100g of Tilda brown and wild rice, which I know doesn't spike me.
Not sure about the poppadom, though... :(
BG was 5.6 before dinner, let's see what it is at around 9.30 tonight....
:nailbiting:
Snuggled up under the duvet now, listening to the rain bucketing down and the wind blowing, and with an acceptable 7.2 under my belt 2 hours after curry, rice and poppadom, so feeling happy. :)

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

Going to indulge in my guilty pleasure now - a catch-up of Celebrity Big Brother! :eek: I know, trashy TV, but it amuses me to watch them tossing their credibility and careers down the toilet. James Whale, shame on you, lol! :joyful:
Night night peeps! xx

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. FBG 5.5 mmol/l. Sunny skies again. Yesterday was lovely here. Having brekkie and jabbing up lol. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Wet and cooler in Cambridge today. Got to dig three massive holes for my Tree Ferns which arrive tomorrow:) should be fun...

I've also got sleepers arriving for a 1m X 2.5 X .5 m raised bed in readiness for two new large olive trees once I take down my now deceased 30 years old Salix....so no rest for the "wicked" :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh, more waiting..... :grumpy:
The reason it was a MRI instead of a CT scan is that MRI's show soft tissues like muscles and tendons better. It's probably just a quick op on my tenons that's needed. Not worried. I knew falling 18 feet would do a lot of damage. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The reason it was a MRI instead of a CT scan is that MRI's show soft tissues like muscles and tendons better. It's probably just a quick op on my tenons that's needed. Not worried. I knew falling 18 feet would do a lot of damage. :)
I'm sort of glad I went off the ladders sideways - I landed on an outstretched arm instead of head first which would have been more serious. It has taught me a serious lesson on building and ladder safety. :)

Reactions: 2 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Yet another day of work for my diabetic review my 100% attendance has really gone out the window this year never had so much time of work for hospital and doctor appointments good thing I have great understanding bosses
Big hugs to all that are suffering

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Another review over and it has been confirmed my hba1c is 44 so in seven months I have managed to lose 50 kilos in weight and drop my hba1c from 138 to 44 thank you one and all for all your help and support you have given me to achieve this you are all my Hero's .
But speaking with my diabetic nurse they say that BG levels below 3 when on metformin is not a hypo and when I collapsed at work with BG at 2 it wasn't a hypo but exhaustion ????

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dentist this morning. All ok for a year :smug:. Hairdresser this afternoon, quiz tonight. Where has the reasonable weather gone? I'm pleased my sister and I went to the IOW last week and not this week. Still sorting out my mother's house. Getting close to the end - I think :happy:. We had a viewing this morning for it, the estate agent hasn't got back to me yet. Still waiting for probate :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I
Another review over and it has been confirmed my hba1c is 44 so in seven months I have managed to lose 50 kilos in weight and drop my hba1c from 138 to 44 thank you one and all for all your help and support you have given me to achieve this you are all my Hero's .
But speaking with my diabetic nurse they say that BG levels below 3 when on metformin is not a hypo and when I collapsed at work with BG at 2 it wasn't a hypo but exhaustion ????
I'm not sure but exhaustion at work would cause a low. Especially manual workers.
Your condition causing a lot of exhaustion?
What is typical for a ms sufferer to experience Ron?
You know it's a whole new experience for you. The nurse is most likely right.
Have you given yourself a new routine to combat exhaustion? Or at least thinking of giving yourself one?
Once fully diagnosed your bosses might suggest less hours til medication kicks in with more support.
Please take it easy. Don't push yourself too much.
Kind regards Vicky :)

Edited by a mod

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

Hi guys just popping in to say hello. Had to stop posting on here cos with other threads am on I can't keep up
Big hugs wishing you all well

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi Vicky yes I do get exhausted very quickly and this is one of points the neurologist picked up on saying that the MS does drain the body very quickly during a flare up .
The spasm attacks at night are becoming more frequent .
Work are happy for me to continue if I can but I do know that my job takes a lot of energy and effort to make it through the day and I think the last collapse I had at work was the MS
but I would like to thank you Vicky for all the help you have given me to get control of my diabetes

Edited by a mod to remove edited quote

Last edited by a moderator:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi
I

I guess some on bg 2 end up in a coma. Well type 1s maybe? I'm not sure but exhaustion at work would cause a low. Especially manual workers.
Your condition causing a lot of exhaustion?
What is typical for a ms sufferer to experience Ron?
You know it's a whole new experience for you. The nurse is most likely right.
Have you given yourself a new routine to combat exhaustion? Or at least thinking of giving yourself one?
Once fully diagnosed your bosses might suggest less hours til medication kicks in with more support.
Please take it easy. Don't push yourself too much.
Kind regards Vicky :)
hi Vicky these are the signs of MS..... Numbness and tingling, muscle spasms, vertigo and dizziness', bladder and bowel problems, abnormal vision, fatigue, memory loss, depression, seizures and sexual problems.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi
hi Vicky these are the signs of MS..... Numbness and tingling, muscle spasms, vertigo and dizziness', bladder and bowel problems, abnormal vision, fatigue, memory loss, depression, seizures and sexual problems.
Thanks @tina_marie. Alot to deal with for both of you. I hope things turn a corner soon.
The nurse may encourage more carbs to prevent hypos.
You know Ron's reactions better. Luckily.
At least one condition in good control and it's box ticked.
MS is to be next. God help it!
Give it hell. Ha ha
All the best. :)

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Thanks @tina_marie. Alot to deal with for both of you. I hope things turn a corner soon.
The nurse may encourage more carbs to prevent hypos.
You know Ron's reactions better. Luckily.
At least one condition in good control and it's box ticked.
MS is to be next. God help it!
Give it hell. Ha ha
All the best. :)
I'm still sticking by my guns that Ron was misdiagnosed asT2.