Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
but until Accuchek get confirmation of my CCG number for funding I haven't got an account to talk to them about getting the two paired up. The Bluetooth just will not Bluetooth, the devices are recognised.new batteries.

Your having such a horrid time DD, have you tried ringing your pump DSN and see if they can suggest anything?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can anyone help me to get this combo paired back up? I've tried everything in the manuals, or at least I think I have. Is it because it's too close to my 640 lump of angst?
Have you made sure that both the pump and handset are not showing as paired to any devices?

I'd go through the bluetooth settings on the pump and unpair it and do the same on the handset, then start again from scratch.

The Combo uses a different version of Bluetooth to the 640G so that won't be affecting it.

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have u tried Mio sets?? They come with tubing up to 109cm for the 6mm. The contour link meter can be used as a remote althou it doesn't take into account any insulin on board but can be handy for every now and then. I have no suggestions for an arm band but maybe one of those pouches used for mobile phones when running...might work for bed?? Really hope you get sorted soon..

iHs

DD why don't you do as I did when I was using the Combo and just put the 640G inside a sock with tight ankle cuff and make hole in the toe part, thread some lanyard cord or circular elastic through the hole and knot the ends together and just hang the pump over yr neck when in bed? This works with short tubes and long ones as well and best bit, it costs just pennies instead of pounds. I'm sure hubby has got some old socks laying about.
As for pump going in armband.....how do you plan to use it without a remote? Much better tucked in top of lycra knickers as long as wearing a pair of jeans etc

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have u tried Mio sets?? They come with tubing up to 109cm for the 6mm. The contour link meter can be used as a remote althou it doesn't take into account any insulin on board but can be handy for every now and then. I have no suggestions for an arm band but maybe one of those pouches used for mobile phones when running...might work for bed?? Really hope you get sorted soon..
This is the issue Amanda - most of the set types are available in Europe with 110cm length tubes. Medtronic, in their wisdom, have decided not to supply this length of tube in the UK. All we get is 80cm. This sucks.

iHs

I'll try to do a scan of the A4 pairing instructions and PM them to you as a jpg attach stead of a doc

Edit..........Just done a scan of the instructions as a PM for you

Last edited by a moderator:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@donnellysdogs sorry for your problems. I can only help you with the air bubble one. To get rid of bubbles from tubing, go to
reservoir &Tubing then Fill Cannula, raise the fill amount to highest possible (I think this is 5u) and fill. You can press Stop when bubble is through, and save insulin.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've attached the manual pages 1-3 are the pump, 4-8 are the meter.
Pair 1.JPG Pair2.JPG pair3.JPG pair4.JPG pair5.JPG pair6.JPG pair7.JPG pair8.JPG

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
my dear friend donnellysdogs,
it sounds as though you are having a torid time there and I feel a let down to you as there is very little I can do only to offer you the same advice you once gave me ( never give up keep looking for tomorrow and you will find a way through all this) you are in my prayers and thoughts. you where my strength when I needed some to get to where iam today. hope everything works out for you. Please keep your spirt high, I know you have the strength and will to win this. all my best wishes to you.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok seen nurses, so going back to old combo pump as Insight do not do the steel sets anymore...
I can't get the blooming thing to pair up now!!
Is it because I've still got the 640g running, next to it?

Accuchek and nurses doing everything they can to get me the accessories I need quickly but until Accuchek get confirmation of my CCG number for funding I haven't got an account to talk to them about getting the two paired up. The Bluetooth just will not Bluetooth, the devices are recognised.new batteries.

I had to go to loo 6 times between 4am and 8am this morn and I wear nothing to bed, never have and never will... Carrying pump and leaving it on legs whilst trying to wipe my bum, then handling the pump to wash my hands and then having to clean out the toilet and re wash hands carrying the 640g is not a joke..
And it got wrapped around me again so I couldn't move.

I'm not in mourning for a remote... I want a pump on my arm that I never have to worry about when I go to toilet or have people staring at me and being a Uniboobee, I am already very conscious of people's stares.

Can anyone help me to get this combo paired back up? I've tried everything in the manuals, or at least I think I have. Is it because it's too close to my 640 lump of angst? Hubby took it into bedroom to blue tooth it and pair it and it still wouldn't pair? I can't see how it is conflicting Bluetooth, otherwise when they do group training sessions and start ups they would have conflict in those scenarios...

Any help appreciated.

Thank goodness for my man at Accuchek helping me through this. Spoke to him again this morning and had to update him on new address, and ask him to confirm that the old combo still has a guarantee with it etc... But thank goodness this man has always been there....

DD, you already know I'm not even a T1, never mind a pump user, so what do I know?

However, I was wondering if you had considered something like iHS suggested? Before I read that, I was thinking about a very small cross body bag, you could just either drop you pump into as you head to the loo, or wear over or under your clothing? If you wanted to try something like that, you could drop me the pump dimensions, and how long you would like the cross body strap, I could probably knock something up in 20 minutes from a fabric remnant to let you try it to see if it would be any good. It'd go in an envelope easily.

I have in my mind something like the one in link, but in a simple fabric, with no zips to bulk it up?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/257365943/cross-body-bag?ref=pla_similar_listings

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear of your woes.. I bought an elasticated pouch off eBay for mine and it fits perfect around my waist, I keep the cannula tucked in so no issues with tubing or sleep, have only woken once in 6 months with an issue in feeling uncomfortable with it in bed.

I know it must be very hard adapting to a new pump, but give it time, we are creatures of habit so changes are hard to adapt to ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DD - Is this your pump in this little pouch? If it is, it looks fairly compact?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Med...850861?hash=item19e8ad40ed:g:fKcAAMXQWzNSfwfV

Something like this would take 20-30 minutes to make and could have both a waist, cross body, around the neck, bra strap and even arm fixtures, such is the wonder of velcro. It could even be made to accommodate a clip to clip in inside a shoulder bag, for example.

$13 (plus delivery) is rather steep for that! Prototype offer stands, for something like this. I have everything I would need here already.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Finally got the bluetooth working!!
Don't know how exactly but I put pair down together on other settee away from
Me and finally whoopppre doo!!!!

Should have all the accessories by Tues or Weds as I got to choose what I need on Monday.
My nurse on her form couldn't find the long tubes to order..

The reason I couldn't wear the 640g on my arm cos under layers of clothing in winter it just wouldn't work without a fully functioning bolus etc and remote which the 640g hasn't got.

I move so much at night with the pain from radiotherapy in my ribs and scar still stuck to chest wall that I would end up strangled with anything around my neck.

I cannot have anything loose in bed as it is just horrendous for me. So now I will be back happy with my combo strapped to my arm as previous and with a fully functional remote...so besides showers I never have to remove it...

I know I would never be happy with 640g. Never.

Now with nurses (not trained on combo) and accuchek man it goes to prove how goid they are at helping people really, really pathetically low in mental health.. And most of all
How fantastic people here are at coming to the rescue...xx

Reactions: 2 people

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Hi DD, I'm sorry your having problems with your pump transition.

Just an idea maybe you could have a lanyard handy in your bathroom that you can slip over your neck so you can hang your pump on thus freeing up your hands.

I have to say that Medtronic don't seem to supply much in the way of wearing options.

With regards to the lacking of a hand set i can see that this is without a doubt a major set back in fact a step back technology wise for you. I wear my pump around my neck all day and then clip it to my underwears waistband for sleeping but you have raised an issue which will affect me if only periodically. I go fishing mainly in the winter months so i too will be fumbling through layers of clothing to reach my pump to use the bolus wizard or deal with an alarm such as a BG check reminder.

I would have thought that it wouldn't take much for medtronic to solve this problem by designing their own intergrated BG meter and pump control handset.

DD, you come over as a strong lady and i feel for you going through your treatment for breast cancer.
My wife went through this 7 years ago also loosing one breast and unfortunately she swears that if it happens again she will refuse treatment! You know why DD as you have been through the traumatic treatment yourself. Hopefully she won't suffer this again.

I wish you well DD.

Best wishes

Martin

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you for all your help and support.

Realise this morning that my problem is just hating feeling so different. With the 640g when I get up its carrying the thing with me everywhere. Normal habit used to be quickly get up, go loo, make a cuppa and take back to bed. Since the 640 I've had to lump it round in one hand, as I used to just flit round the bungalow nude.

By middle of next week I shall be back mobile again without the lump to carry round. Happy!!

Martin.. I truly know how your wife feels. I got poisoned and almost died after horrendous treatment actually from my Oncologist not speaking or understanding good english. He said afterwards that I never sounded ill when I phoned him for an urgent appt....and he told me to ring back Monday and soeak to his Sec. His Sec then told me to see GP.
I have said I would not go through any further treatment as well and the fear of it returning is high in my head.. I have had enormous trouble from hospital. I have no oncologist now, my cancer consultant apparently left the trust in Jan and thats why I have been passed round by 6 doctors/consuktants. Diff one everytime....i'm
now being transferred to another hospital. I know exactly how your wife feels... Its not a good feeling but everybodies experiences with C and hospitals is different. Some may get much better treatment and be more positive.

Thank you all so much...
Going to enjoy my delayed burthday day out now!! :):)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1470515521.694454.jpg

Birthday woman with a new charity shop that sort of hides the unilateral boob! And hid the pump nicely until having a mocha out today!! Ggggrrrr.....but finally for first time in a while showing a happier me!!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
YAY! Brilliant smile, lovely outfit - onwards and upwards! So glad you're feeling upbeat - hope you had a really wonderful birthday day out!

:happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 3 people