Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 this morning again, so no changes for a few days now. Had Chinese noodles last night for dinner and expected a rise but it did stayed constant.

Reactions: 8 people

MissMac

Mine were 6.0 again...and they were 6.0 a minute ago when I tested post having eaten!! I have just checked my monitor as started to wonder if it was faulty!! I sooooo wanna be seeing 4's and 5's...how long has it taken others? PLease don't say a couple of weeks after LCHF 'cause I am in a panic that I am not going to get them down low enough!!!

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine were 6.0 again...and they were 6.0 a minute ago when I tested post having eaten!! I have just checked my monitor as started to wonder if it was faulty!! I sooooo wanna be seeing 4's and 5's...how long has it taken others? PLease don't say a couple of weeks after LCHF 'cause I am in a panic that I am not going to get them down low enough!!!
@MissMac on another meter you will find your 6.0 is a 5.0. Which meter are you using?
I use accu-chek mobile and I trust it's result and in keeping with previous readings before I started a desensitizing hypo heart tablet.
Some find the codefree meter which you have to buy privately can run a little higher.
I feel a 6.0 is definitely worthy of a winner tag. In fact the perfect reading I feel.
Do you test in bed before you rise? Some find the liver kicks in very quickly.
Try this tomorrow? See what you find.
Looking forward to seeing your result tomorrow. Goodluck! :)

Reactions: 4 people

MissMac

@MissMac on another meter you will find your 6.0 is a 5.0. Which meter are you using?
I use accu-chek mobile and I trust it's result and in keeping with previous readings before I started a desensitizing hypo heart tablet.
Some find the codefree meter which you have to buy privately can run a little higher.
I feel a 6.0 is definitely worthy of a winner tag. In fact the perfect reading I feel.
Do you test in bed before you rise? Some find the liver kicks in very quickly.
Try this tomorrow? See what you find.
Looking forward to seeing your result tomorrow. Goodluck! :)
Well that's interesting as it is indeed the codefree that I am using as it was the cheapest for me to buy...I was using a borrowed one from work which is an accu-check but can't replace the strips easily so wanted my own! Ahhh testing before I get up...I might try that though to be fair I test before I even sit down from coming down the stairs lol x

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 last night 5.3 this morning, had some take away chicken and chips last night, chicken had a very nice sauces, but not good for surgar levels

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.6. Those pesky natural juices jelly snakes that my toddler keeps feeding me. Older son bought ciabatta for toasties.
Even the small men are a bad influence in my house! I'm surprised not higher after heated up pasta for lunch. No high spike. Reheated carbs seem to not bother me.
Still happy bunny mentally so monitoring my progress.

Reactions: 12 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 readings today as I didn't believe the first .. 8.5 7.2 and 7.1. Little high still - back to norm last night but now have stinking cold which I understand can push it up.

Reactions: 10 people